PDA

View Full Version : Help getting working GWX download?

RoaldLarsen
12-13-09, 02:38 AM
Now that my marathon campaign through '39-'45 is over, I want to take GWX out for a spin. I'm having trouble downloading it.

I went to the GreyWolves website's downloads page, selected the link to Kpt. Lehmann's Filefront, and successfully downloaded everything there, except GWX3-5.bin. This timed out and gave me a "page not found". I next tried to get the same file from Jimbuna's Filefront page. Same problem. I tried clearing cache and history in my browser, logging off, rebooting and logging back on. Same problem.

Can any kind soul point me to another source for the remaining file, or diagnose the download problem? (I should mention that torrents are not an option for me.)

avenger1romeo
12-13-09, 04:21 AM
I am having the same problem. If anyone knows of a different way of getting the file please let us know!! Or if someone knows of a way of fixing the link at file front, that would be good too!

Draka
12-13-09, 06:19 AM
BTS has a single file version here:

http://www.btsmods.com/index.php?topic=247.0

avenger1romeo
12-13-09, 06:27 AM
ooOOooOOoo THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! :yeah::yeah::up::woot:

Sailor Steve
12-13-09, 02:59 PM
Thanks Draka for pointing that out. You can also get a good version from Jimbuna's sig.

RoaldLarsen
12-15-09, 01:46 AM
Thanks folks, got a copy of the missing file at BTS.

I and a few other people had trouble getting the correct MDS# a few months ago when attempting to download the single file version from the previous version of BTS. Hopefully that won't occur this time.

I won't know if the downloaded files work for me (or if my ancient rig can support GWX) for a few more days or possibly 'til mid-January, as RL looks a little busy ATM.