PDA

View Full Version : Skins for GWX3 w/ exhaust port

jdkbph
11-29-09, 04:19 PM
Are there any GWX3 Gold compatible skins or skin packs out there that are designed to work with the Waterstream+Exhaust Combi v2.3 mod? (so the exhaust ports are lined up, etc?)

TIA

JD

CapZap1970
11-29-09, 06:55 PM
I think most of them work just fine, as long as there is a hole on the sides of the sub where the smoke of the exhaust comes from. i use many and all work OK.
You can click on my sig and you will find many, and just to mention it, many more are currently beeing uploaded. :up:

jdkbph
11-29-09, 09:35 PM
Thanks. The concern was that most (all?) of the skins available want to overwrite the .dat file which was put there by the water stream and exhaust mod.

JD

Wreford-Brown
11-30-09, 05:41 AM
Enable the skin then the exhaust mod?

This should allow the exhaust mod and shouldn't mess up your skins.

danlisa
11-30-09, 06:35 AM
It is inadvisable to use any Skin that alters or contains a DAT file with GWX, the same is true of any Supermod.

The only 100% surefire way to ensure your install stays safe is to use TEXTURES only skins.

Ask yourself, "I have a GWX DAT file here which controls all manner of items to do with my UBoat" and "I know that GWX extensively altered these DAT files to correct issues and to add to the Sim"...........

Now ask yourself, "I have this Skin Mod here that has a DAT file in it...Hmmm, where did this DAT file come from?" Stock, NYGM, WAC or GWX......

Simple rule....TEXTURES only (Unless you can find Skins that are released as compatible with the MOD you want to use them in).

Laufen zum Ziel
11-30-09, 05:34 PM
It is inadvisable to use any Skin that alters or contains a DAT file with GWX, the same is true of any Supermod.

The only 100% surefire way to ensure your install stays safe is to use TEXTURES only skins.

Ask yourself, "I have a GWX DAT file here which controls all manner of items to do with my UBoat" and "I know that GWX extensively altered these DAT files to correct issues and to add to the Sim"...........

Now ask yourself, "I have this Skin Mod here that has a DAT file in it...Hmmm, where did this DAT file come from?" Stock, NYGM, WAC or GWX......

Simple rule....TEXTURES only (Unless you can find Skins that are released as compatible with the MOD you want to use them in).

Great info, Thanks...:yeah:

CapZap1970
11-30-09, 09:09 PM

Thanks Dan, I forgot that detail! :up:

jdkbph
11-30-09, 10:33 PM

Ummm... thanks. I saw the dat file. I did ask myself the 2 questions you posed. And that's why I asked the next logical question here:

Are there any GWX3 Gold compatible skins or skin packs out there that are designed to work with the Waterstream+Exhaust Combi v2.3 mod? (so the exhaust ports are lined up, etc?)

If anyone knows, i'd appreciate a head's up.

Thanks

JD

CapZap1970
11-30-09, 11:31 PM
you can use any skin that changes textures only! If there is a DAT file, then you might experience problems. I think that's the best way I can find to explain... :salute: