PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions bout Wsm for Gwx3

Ancient Mariner
11-24-09, 11:11 PM
So I got Wsm for Gwx3 Gold,one of the subfiles was corrupt any ideas on where i can get a healthy d/l of it?

Now a few other Questions...:hmmm:
1.I use the GWX3 "gods eye" patch,howcome do the ships & convoys round about positions not come up?

2.How do I use the main batteries on the Bismark or any other WS(but mainly bismark,says no ammo and wont let me click on the shell!!:damn:

3.How do I edit for more ammo for main batteries on Warships?

4.The irritating "Ship Spotted" when I am in range and firing on the target:nope:...How would i stop that?

5.Last but not least. Using the radar?Can a player manually control the radar station?Especially for gunnery ranging when target is out of line of sight or in bad weather?

Cheers for any help given,I'd like to sort out all the bits and pieces before I start a DiD career

Rothwell white
11-25-09, 02:31 AM
Thanks to Wreford-Brown

You need to adjust the basic.cfg file. Do a search for ammo_ and it will bring the right area up so you can adjust all ammunition types. Historically, every ship carried between 120 and 150 rounds per gun so U-47s values are about right.

Wreford-Brown
11-26-09, 06:19 AM
1. I'm not sure. The campaign file has not been changed so you should get the right information. It may be that either WSM or one of the Ge# mods overwrites the 'Gods eye' patch. If you enable it through JSGME, is the Gods Eye mod in grey or black writing on the right hand side?

2. GWX doesn't allow you access to SS or AP shells as historically these were hardly ever used by u-boats. I have written a mod that gives you back these shells so you should be able to click and select them. I'm waiting for permission from u-47 to release this mod, but no one seems to be able to find him! Following correct modding etiquette I have asked by PM and also on his WSM thread as well as by e-mail. Once 2 weeks have elapsed from my original request I will release the mod but delete it if u-47 asks me to. There is an early verison on my FF account but it is password protected and therefore only available to my testers.

3. RW has already answered this one. An adjustment to the number and type of shells carried has been included in my WSM mod.

4. h.sie has released a 'no ship spotted' mod on these forums at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154745&page=1. I don't know if it overwrites any WSM files.

5. I don't think you can manually control the radar, but someone more knowledgeable will be along soon...

kdv
11-26-09, 10:42 AM
1 - try using Dan Fraser's spysat mod instead, just two little files that dump into your SH3 main directory, no JSGME. Works great, shows each individual ship (great for finding the very fast ones - like troop ships!). http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=970

2 - Could it be that you're out of ammo? It carries too little ammo, and your crew will go through it very fast if you don't limit their shooting distance to at least medium range. I find the main gunners can't hit squat, it's the 'flak' gunners on the seccondary weapons that do most of the sinkings.

3 - Edit your basic.cfg (info one or two pages back in this thread). As per http://www.kbismarck.com/armament.html , Bismarck carries 1004 main gun shells, or 251 per turret - a far cry from the 120 that it comes with.

4 - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1418 I haven't tried this yet

5 - Don't know. Radar usually works far better than my crew can see. If it's raining, and my guys can't see anything to shoot at until under 300m - patrols over. Check this program out, it's for GWX2.0, may work under 3.0 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=424 - I can't alt-tab out of SH3 and back in again, it crashes. So I don't use it.

Hope I was of some help!

Wreford-Brown
11-26-09, 02:47 PM
You can also use jimbuna's GWX 3.0 SpySat mod. It won't clash with WSM.

Details are at: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=157

Commander Gizmo
11-27-09, 04:21 AM
Your other questions have been answered already, but I can help with number five.

I have sucessfully controlled the radar manually, although there is hardly any reason to. The problem is that while you can rotate the wheel and watch for changes, the results seem to be quite difficult to interpret and very spotty.

While stationary I was able to point directly at a known bearing for a ship moving at slow to medium speed and had the radar respond with a hit only if the range setting was correct (and it isn't labeled, so who knows what each setting means?) and then the object would appear and disappear at random. The distance was reported rather vaguely on the gauge, but without knowing what units and relationship the numbers on the gauge have with the distance setting, they all seem to be a bit pointless, no?

Besides, you can't really know you've fired accurately manually over a distance greater than your vision on a repeated basis. If you can't see it, how will you know if the shells even hit?

If you have map contact updates turned on and are in radar range, you crew will pick up the ship and put it on your map. You can then take careful bearing and distance measurements (cheat warning!) and fire at that spot quite successfully I suppose. If is is just fog, weather, or lack of light that prevents you seeing your target the flash of a shell doing it's thing against their ship ought to be feedback enough.

Just my pocket change.

Moin
01-29-13, 03:38 PM
Hi,
I play WSM now for several days and would like, that the enemy AI recognizes me earlier and better shoots from the distance! In addition, that my own crew recognizes enemy ships earlier!
I experimented a bit with these settings:

Sensors.cfg:
Visual range factor=0.4 (Crew see ships in 18km, not the best results!)

Sim.cfg:
Max error angle=5 (good results,AI shoots much better then before)
Enemy surface factor=180 (average results, enemy see me from 18km at good sight)

Current mods:
GWX3
GWX 16km Atmosphere
GWX No medals on crew
WSM3
WBs mod for U-47s WSM (GWX 3.0)
GeI
TheDarkWraith_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_4_SH3
Wooden_Lifeboats_Mod_1.1

Can someone recommend good settings for WSM3 with GWX3?

Reed1941
09-28-13, 03:26 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum but I've been playing SH3 for almost 3 years. I've just downloaded WSM3.0. The GeI, works fine, all ships are perfect, but in the GeII and GeIII, my ship begins the mission at the depth of 12 meters, and I can't use the guns. Someone could help me? My active mods are:
Torpedo damage Final ver2.0
GWX - Merged Campaign
LifeBoats&Debris-v4
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
WSM3.0
GeIII

I tested with just WSM3.0 active, but my ship still sink

Sorry for the long text