PDA

View Full Version : Any interest for a new DW campaign?

Greenwood
11-18-09, 12:01 PM
Howdy peeps,

I was just wondering if there is any interest still in this sim for a campaign? I was seriously considering making a large 10-15 mission campaign. I've been writing a story for it for the last few weeks and I've been thinking about how I can make the missions from them. I recently finished Bill's Red Storm Rising campaign and I loved it! I thought we could use some more of those.

This campaign will be a fictional war. China vs US/Taiwan. China is invading Taiwan.

Each mission in the campaign will be a patrol. You wont know what the exact objectives are until you start the mission and new objectives will arrive in the middle of each mission.

Also, each mission will be extremely long. I want to make it as realistic as possible, so transitting long distances will be a part of each mission/Objective. As you complete each objective, you may have to transit 50-250nmi to get to the next objective. Along the way , you might encounter another objective (area triggered events with dynamix groups...etc). I'm a simmer geek, so I dont mind this at all. It wont be for the casual simmer, that's for sure.

Any thoughts on this on this or any idea's that you might, please say so :-) I'm more then willing to partner up with anyone who wants to help with this campaign. I really want a quality, realistic, long campaign. If you can help that's cool.

I still havn't decided if I should do this yet, if there is interest I would for sure :-)

kentcol
11-18-09, 01:43 PM
Love the idea! I say do it!:yeah:

Pillar
11-18-09, 01:50 PM
Sounds good!:up:

dd149
11-18-09, 03:22 PM
Sounds good that somebody is coming up with new scenarios, will they use the new possibilities brought by DWX RA?

FERdeBOER
11-18-09, 04:53 PM
Great!!
I love those kind of missions

Castout
11-19-09, 12:29 AM
Hmm any additional campaign would be great. However I tend to prefer campaign that take advantage of the new platform provided by DWX :)

goldorak
11-19-09, 04:56 AM
If possibile design the campaign for DWX.
There are so many new units, playable japanese subs, british subs, german and italian subs, of course also new american (virginia class) and russian subs (including the lada class) that not taking advantage of these features for such a long and interesting campaign would be a big let down.
:)

Greenwood
11-19-09, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the responses. I've been out of the loop for the last year or so. I'm just learning now about DWX.

The campaign I had in mind is for only one type of unit - Seawolf SSN. I guess I could let the player choose which platform.

I spent a considerable amount of time last night setting up templates for these missions. I forgot how powerful the mission editor really is. Many options available.

I will look into DWX today - thanks for the heads up. :up:

goldorak
11-19-09, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the responses. I've been out of the loop for the last year or so. I'm just learning now about DWX.

The campaign I had in mind is for only one type of unit - Seawolf SSN. I guess I could let the player choose which platform.

I spent a considerable amount of time last night setting up templates for these missions. I forgot how powerful the mission editor really is. Many options available.

I will look into DWX today - thanks for the heads up. :up:

Limiting the campaign only to the Seawolf is lets say underwhelwing and I think mostly a limitation of standard DW/Lwami.
Having new playables, such as the Harushio class opens up the campaign to a geo political level that can't be achieved with the default version. In a real crisis in the chinese sea, japan would most asuredly have one or two boats patrolling and doing intellligence or covert operations to aid the americans. Etc... the possibilities and alliances in such a campaign would be great to experience. Even the Seawolf as advanced as it is, is not really tailored for brown water missions. The Virgina instead yes, as diesel electrics as the Lada and Harushio are.
Greenwood, download and install DWX (and the necessary patches, just beware that the default installation is not jsgme friendly) and you will see just how giant a leap it is with respect to DW/Lwami.
As a mission designer you should be salivating :D at the possibilities for campaign design.

Greenwood
11-19-09, 10:11 AM
Awesome advise goldorak. I'm going to download DWX tonight and check it out for sure. Thanks!:up:

Mau
11-19-09, 07:50 PM
Would it be possible to know the 1 or two necessary patches needed following installation (which I did) of DWX?

Thank you!!!

Weiss Pinguin
12-06-09, 03:45 PM
Any news on this?

Malakie
01-14-10, 11:16 PM
If possibile design the campaign for DWX.
There are so many new units, playable japanese subs, british subs, german and italian subs, of course also new american (virginia class) and russian subs (including the lada class) that not taking advantage of these features for such a long and interesting campaign would be a big let down.
:)

What id DWX and where do I find it? Is it separate from the RA Mod I am seeing?

Castout
01-15-10, 12:47 AM
Download DWX here

http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4912

Download DWX patch here(click on Загружаем (http://www.ra-dwx.narod.ru/todo.htm))

http://www.ra-dwx.narod.ru/

TorpedoMo
02-07-10, 12:10 PM
Hi Greenwood!

I would love to play a new career in DW, especially with such great aspects like long time patrol or unkown pre-mission objectives.
Please let me know if your project is still alive! I hope for that!

Cheers