PDA

View Full Version : Voice <> Speed Dial, what gives?

Radio
10-28-09, 02:04 PM
Am I the first one that realizes that there is a major flaw in the German voice files?! :o

Here a little tip for something that drove me insane in SH3:

As the voice files that are played when using the speed dial are totally wrong, I came up with a makeshift-solution. I simply replaced all according files with renamed copies of the "Jawoll, Herr Kaleun" voice files.

The file names are:

ChE_K_Ahead_Flank.ogg
ChE_K_Ahead_Full.ogg
ChE_K_Ahead_One_Third.ogg
ChE_K_Ahead_Slow.ogg
ChE_K_Ahead_Standard.ogg
ChE_K_Back_Emergency.ogg
ChE_K_Back_Full.ogg
ChE_K_Back_Slow.ogg
ChE_K_Back_Standard.ogg

The replacement file name is:

ChE_K_Yes_Sir.ogg

They all are in the data/sound/speech subfolders and there are 9 folders that have to be changed. It isn't a perfect solution, but it's way better than always having a completely false sound for the speed.

Saves the poor Machinist's life because i would shot him for insubordination if he would continue to give false confirmations to my orders. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

h.sie
10-28-09, 02:25 PM
no, you aren't the first one.....(is aber egal)

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=143150

java`s revenge
10-28-09, 03:02 PM
Am I the first one that realizes that there is a major flaw in the German voice files?! :o

Here a little tip for something that drove me insane in SH3:

As the voice files that are played when using the speed dial are totally wrong, I came up with a makeshift-solution. I simply replaced all according files with renamed copies of the "Jawoll, Herr Kaleun" voice files.

The file names are:

ChE_K_Ahead_Flank.ogg
ChE_K_Ahead_Full.ogg
ChE_K_Ahead_One_Third.ogg
ChE_K_Ahead_Slow.ogg
ChE_K_Ahead_Standard.ogg
ChE_K_Back_Emergency.ogg
ChE_K_Back_Full.ogg
ChE_K_Back_Slow.ogg
ChE_K_Back_Standard.ogg

The replacement file name is:

ChE_K_Yes_Sir.ogg

They all are in the data/sound/speech subfolders and there are 9 folders that have to be changed. It isn't a perfect solution, but it's way better than always having a completely false sound for the speed.

Saves the poor Machinist's life because i would shot him for insubordination if he would continue to give false confirmations to my orders. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe an idea,
Rename for example,
ChE_K_Ahead_Full.ogg to ChE_K_Ahead_Standard.ogg

Philipp_Thomsen
10-29-09, 12:36 PM
Believe me or not...

... but I never noticed it! :rotfl2:

Draka
10-29-09, 02:02 PM
Not being a native German speaker, I also did not notice this - but now that it is pointed out, it IS irritating! Ignorance is such bliss ......

Rafael
10-29-09, 04:01 PM
Believe me or not...

... but I never noticed it! :rotfl2:

Me too !!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sailor Steve
10-29-09, 06:26 PM
This problem has been known from the beginning. The SH4 voices have the same problem.

One solutions is to use the Das Boot Sound Mod. That way you get the voices from the movie.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=978

There are other sound mods that correct this as well.