PDA

View Full Version : [tech] Bismark guns

Philipp_Thomsen
10-15-09, 10:19 PM
Can anyone tell me which .sim file control the loading times of the Bismark main guns? I couldn't find it, looks all the same. Zillions of nodes with no specific names. Using SH3 1.4b with SH3 Warship Mod.

Thanks in advance! :up:

Sledgehammer427
10-16-09, 02:33 AM
well, all the other guns have reload times between 2 and 5 to 10 seconds. looks for something somewhere in the 40's maybe 35 or something.

Philipp_Thomsen
10-16-09, 03:21 AM
There's a zillion with realoading times of 29 seconds.

NGT
10-16-09, 03:56 AM
TUTORIAL: HOW TO FIND AND TWEAK A SHIP GUN
(with Bismark example from WAC 4.1 mod)

1. Go to Sea folder and search for the ship you need
2. Open the folder of this ship, ex. NBB_Bismark and after open the file NBB_Bismark.eqp
3. You can see there all the specific guns Bismark uses, and the main guns are 15InchDoubleT
4. Open the S3D tool
5. Search for Data\Library\guns.sim and open it.
6. Click on the first wpn_Cannon (chunk no 2) and after click in the new wpn_Cannon which opened (chunk no 3) and go to the right screen
7. Open obj_Turret and look in the line Barrel = 14InchDoubleT_barrel
8. Obviously is NOT the one you want, the 15InchDoubleT
9. Continue searching the wpn_Cannon’s one by one
10. In the chunk no 13 you have Barrel = 15InchDoubleT_barrel
11. Now you can change the reload time and other things like you want.

:|\\

NGT
10-16-09, 04:31 AM
TUTORIAL — 2
HOW TO TWEAK THE SHELL OF A GIVEN SHIP GUN

(with example the Bismarck’s (*) shell for the 15InchDoubleT main gun / from WAC 4.1 mod)

1. We continue from step no 10 from the Tutorial – 1, so you have in front of you the guns.sim file from Library, open with S3D.
2. In the right screen go down and open ammo_storage
3. Open now the AP and you can see shell= 0xef2518d1c98196cc
4. From Library, with S3D, open now the shell.zon. You have there 114 chunks, click in the number 2: AmmoDamageInfo
5. In the right screen you have Parent id: 0x7f6ddabdc98196cc and this is not the good one, because you need the one from step 3 above.
6. Continue click one by one all the AmmoDamageInfo and look carefully in the right screen the Parent id
7. Oufff, in the chunk 94 you have it
8. Click the 94, the 95 opens. Go to the right screen and mess up at will. . .

GENERAL REMARKS

The chunk for a given gun and/or for a given shell are not in the same position inside all supermods (NYGM, GWX, WAC, LSH3), you must follow the procedure to find them.

If the gun/shell you want tweak is used from many ships, it will be tweaked for all the ships they use it, not only for the ship of your choice.

The same procedure must be followed for U-BOOT guns/shells, but in the place of guns.sim, you must take the GUNS_SUB.sim file from Library. The shell.zon file is common for ships and U-Boots.

With the same Parent ID, from step 3 above, you can find your beloved shell inside shell.sim. There you can make it explode closer or more far, to reduce or multiply his range.

Skillful moders, please reply with corrections in case of errors above. :D

As usual, sorry for basic English. . . :lol:

(*) Inside Sea folder the name is "Bismark", inside the Bismark.cfg file is Bismarck

urfisch
10-16-09, 06:08 AM
Bismarck guns? I just wanna say "BÄÄÄÄM!" A 4x 380mm full load of devastation grand deluxe...

:D

Philipp_Thomsen
10-16-09, 02:30 PM
Hum... Im using SWM 3.0, and things seem to be a little different...

I changed Bismark main guns realoading speed my changing values in the file:

guns_dg.sim

:hmmm:

NGT
10-16-09, 03:25 PM
Hum... Im using SWM 3.0, and things seem to be a little different...

I changed Bismark main guns realoading speed my changing values in the file:

guns_dg.sim

:hmmm:

Eeeehh,........, what is SWM 3.0 ? ? ? :88) :-? :06: :dead: :hmm2::lost:

Philipp_Thomsen
10-16-09, 10:39 PM
Eeeehh,........, what is SWM 3.0 ? ? ? :88) :-? :06: :dead: :hmm2::lost:

SH3 Warship Mod 3.0, from Chinese U-47... Didn't you try it?

Right now Im sailing at 32 kts with my brand new Bismark and all his guns to gibraltar to have some party!