PDA

View Full Version : Search mod to remove ship silhouettes in GWX3

rosentorf
10-14-09, 11:34 AM
Ahoi Kapitäne,

as SHV has been announced I want to play some SHIII again to get ready and familiar again with the u-boats. I have reinstalled my copy and also downloaded and jsgme'ed GWX3. Now I like to play with map-updates on but I also do not want to see the ship's silhouette on the map and attack map. Is there a mod that replaces all the silhouettes with simple dot's as in SH4's TMO?

Thanks

rosentorf

Hitman
10-14-09, 02:13 PM
Strange, I thought GWX already incorporated the assited plotting mod :hmmm:, but since I play without map updates I might be confused about that. Anyway, the mod that did what you want and was incorporated in NYGM and RUB long ago is the mentioned "Assisted plotting mod", so do a search around and see if there is still a link alive. Or may be someone has it laying around in his HDD and can send it to you.

The mods should still work OK with GWX3, but probably a lot of replacement silhouettes from new units are missing.:doh:

Sailor Steve
10-14-09, 04:19 PM
Assisted Plotting Mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1328

Works perfectly with GWX3.

rosentorf
10-14-09, 05:02 PM
From description:
[..] If you lock onto a target and ID it (or have your Weapons Officer do so) then it will show up on the Attack Map and will also be on the Nav Map if you click the cursor on it.

This means that only ships you have IDed will show up [..]

Thanks! This is what I wanted and more. :yeah: Only downer is that you loose the bearing indicator on the map...but I'll manage...at least the sub-icon shows my direction or I would be lost! :doh:

Hitman
10-15-09, 08:43 AM
Only downer is that you loose the bearing indicator on the map...but I'll manage

You can easily prevent that by deleting the .tga files for the submarine silhouettes from the mod BEFORE enabling it. That way, the mod will NOT overwrite the silhouettes with bearing indicator that already exist in GWX :up:

The files you want to delete in the mod (NOT IN THE GAME!) before enabling are only the ones from the playable submarines, i.e.:

data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat2A\NSS_Uboat2A_shp.tga
data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat2D\NSS_Uboat2D_shp.tga
data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7B\NSS_Uboat7B_shp.tga
data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7C\NSS_Uboat7C_shp.tga
data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7C41\NSS_Uboat7C41_shp.tga
data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat9B\NSS_Uboat9B_shp.tga
data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat9C\NSS_Uboat9C_shp.tga
data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat9D2\NSS_Uboat9D2_shp.tga
data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat21\NSS_Uboat21_shp.tga

Happy hunting! :arrgh!: