PDA

View Full Version : DWX - Surface units highly innacurate

Sea Demon
10-03-09, 10:23 PM
I think the American surface ship missile defenses are way too weak and completely innacurate. 14 Sandbox missiles coming our way, and the AB and Tico fire 1 SM-2 at a time at single missile targets. That's not accurate at all. In fact, me (OHP-SM-1), a Ticonderoga Cruiser, and an Arleigh Burke protecting a Wasp Class Amphib. group, and I was doing the heavy lifting in AAW. That's just not correct. The Tico and AB should be firing at least one per target (maybe two) in salvo's. It should be able to easily handle saturation level missile attacks from significant distances.

(Russian surface units in the mod seem to layer their defenses better)

This flaw makes participating as a member of any American surface group not worth the effort. The OHP shouldn't be the primary AAW unit in the group. And should only supplement the AB's and Tico's in the AAW and ASuW role. ASW should be the focus. And this flaw makes that balance impossible.

suBB
10-04-09, 07:27 AM
you might also want to consider posting your comments at the redrodgers forum. I tend to get a faster response that way..

http://www.redrodgers.com/forums/index.php?langid=1

also you may need to change the language format, just scroll down and on the bottom left you'll see options available to do that..

Sea Demon
10-21-09, 01:14 AM
Thank you suBB. I'll go over there and ask. I'm hoping this is just a simple database change. Glad to see they will unlock the db on the next go. Aegis ships are much more robust in capability than what we get here in this mod.

dd149
10-21-09, 01:25 AM
They are working on even further improvements on some Russian surface ships (Udaloy) so I am sure they will welcome your comments.
Seems they have set even more ambitious goals for the next release not only modify doctrines and models (which are already great) but get rid of annoying bugs in the original game as well and open space for more extensive improvements, cheers to them and all those who commit time and energy to make this game better and better. With open database, the other modders will more easily be able to assist, and they have listed things, where they request help and advice on the forums.

dd149
10-21-09, 03:45 AM
Additional information, the AEGIS doctrine and surface ships doctrines have been reviewed and they think it is "essentially fixed", so the US surface ships should become more accurate.

Sea Demon
10-26-09, 04:58 PM
Good to hear dd149. I hope they fixed this issue. Thank you.

Castout
10-26-09, 08:14 PM
I think the American surface ship missile defenses are way too weak and completely innacurate. 14 Sandbox missiles coming our way, and the AB and Tico fire 1 SM-2 at a time at single missile targets. That's not accurate at all. In fact, me (OHP-SM-1), a Ticonderoga Cruiser, and an Arleigh Burke protecting a Wasp Class Amphib. group, and I was doing the heavy lifting in AAW. That's just not correct. The Tico and AB should be firing at least one per target (maybe two) in salvo's. It should be able to easily handle saturation level missile attacks from significant distances.

(Russian surface units in the mod seem to layer their defenses better)

This flaw makes participating as a member of any American surface group not worth the effort. The OHP shouldn't be the primary AAW unit in the group. And should only supplement the AB's and Tico's in the AAW and ASuW role. ASW should be the focus. And this flaw makes that balance impossible.

Absolutely agree I was waiting for this thread myself:03:

Additional information, the AEGIS doctrine and surface ships doctrines have been reviewed and they think it is "essentially fixed", so the US surface ships should become more accurate.

:yeah: