PDA

View Full Version : Aargh, radio messages, i love em and i hate em...

flakmonkey
09-30-09, 08:12 AM
Now for the sake of immersion i really do like the radio messages and appreciate all the work that must have gone into making them, but im en-route from wilhelmshaven to DJ16 (feb1940) and frankly its going to take me forever, every time i try to use time compression i get another damn message! 7 in the space of a couple of hours all accompanied by that bloody morse beeping, its starting to drive me mad i tells ya!

Now since i do like to read the messages when i have a bit of quiet time i dont want to just move my radioman (i might miss something interesting) but there has to be some way to stop the TC from dropping to 1x every time i get a message.. for the sake of my radioman, if he does it again im going to fire him out of torpedo tube!

piri_reis
09-30-09, 08:30 AM
Sh3 Commander. You can adjust all TC parameters.

Hitman
09-30-09, 08:38 AM
Yeah, BDU has the bad habit of spamming you :haha:

Go to "My documents/Sh3/data/cfg" and open the file:

main.cfg

Edit the line relevant for the radio messages, to make it the same time compression than the maximum you have (Or simply the TC you want the game to drop to when a message is received)

Here is how mine looks like:

[TIME COMPRESSION]
TimeStop=0
RealTime=1
LandProximity=128
CriticalDamage=128
CrewEfficiency=256
AirEnemyDetected=1
SoundEffects=2
CharacterAnim=4
EnemyDetected=8
RadioReport=1024
Particles=8
PrayState=128
HunterState=128
3DRender=32
Maximum=1024

flakmonkey
09-30-09, 10:00 AM
Well i tried it, both editing the cfg and via sh3 commander. No luck im afraid, messages still drop the TC to 1x, as far as i can tell RadioReport=x only affects the TC in regards the ship/convoy contact reports that popup on your navmap and not those from messages_en.txt.

Ive settled for a bit of a workaround though, moving my radio guy to another station stops the constant stream of messages, at the end of each day i put him back in the radioroom for an hour or so. The game is set to repeat messages until received (unless you move into the next day).
So between 11pm-midnight i get the whole days reports to browse through/ignore etc... it aint perfect but it works for me...

sergei
09-30-09, 11:31 AM
Hey flakmonkey.
I use the Daily Double version of this mod
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1321

You still get the messages which is good for immersion but it stores them up over the course of the day, then gives 'em to you in one lump, giving you a lot less interuptions when you're trying to get somewhere. :up:
And you don't have to mess around moving your radioman all the time.

von hally
09-30-09, 11:35 AM
sergi above may have your answer....theres also the lite radio mod...which you can add whatever other radio mods you like.....and there you go!!!!

with that mod you wont lose important mmessages either:up:

flakmonkey
09-30-09, 11:59 AM
Cheers all, the daily double version of the radiolog is just the ticket:up:

Looks like i wont have to launch poor Otto the radioman out of a tube after all.

danurve
10-08-09, 01:06 PM
You can adjust Radio messages T/C in commander but you have to adjust "Real Time" settings to do it. Understand that the radio messages ARE NOT radio reports. The problem being of course, then this adjustment will affect any other Real time T/C setting. RL_E daily double attempts to address this by setting transmittion times to only twice a day, so you get your msg's in 'packs'. If your stubborn enough you can use a macro and adjust all your transmit start times in the messages file with a good text editor. TextPad trial will do it.

FIREWALL
10-08-09, 01:14 PM
Thx Sergei :salute: I was haveing the same problem.

Hellraiser
10-09-09, 12:18 AM
The EASIEST Fix for when you are tired of Radio Messages is....just remove the crewman from the Radio Position on the F7 Screen.

You can always put him back after you've had a 'break'. :up:

evan82
10-09-09, 03:32 AM
The EASIEST Fix for when you are tired of Radio Messages is....just remove the crewman from the Radio Position on the F7 Screen.

You can always put him back after you've had a 'break'. :up:

This is true but sometimes You can loose some important messages.
If someones don't like many messages, then always can delete some of them inTXT file.

Geronimo89
10-10-09, 04:09 PM
I was wondering is it at all possible to disable
radio messages that are not about contacts and war declarations completely? Is there such mod for GWX 3.0? It is really getting annoying with all that morse code. Respect for all who did that research though.

Lt.Jurgens
10-12-09, 12:55 PM
I have just returned to SH3 after a long absence and I'm finding that I can't read radio messages. The radio operator tells me I have a message but when I click on Radoiman/Reports he tells me "No radio messages received". Am I doing something wrong, looking in the wrong place maybe? Also, I don't get any morse code sound.

I'm running SH3 with 1.4b patch and GWX3.0. No other mods added.

Following on from another post in this thread regarding removing the radioman from his post, would removing the sonarman from his post stop him calling out every plane and ship contact as I enter and leave bases? Now that does get tiresome.

Phil (Lt Jurgens).

Jimbuna
10-12-09, 03:27 PM
Following on from another post in this thread regarding removing the radioman from his post, would removing the sonarman from his post stop him calling out every plane and ship contact as I enter and leave bases? Now that does get tiresome.

Phil (Lt Jurgens).

I'm afraid so....much better to either remove the message log or a mod like the one posted above.

My own preference is to use WB's Lite version mod.

sergei
10-12-09, 04:48 PM
I have just returned to SH3 after a long absence and I'm finding that I can't read radio messages. The radio operator tells me I have a message but when I click on Radoiman/Reports he tells me "No radio messages received".

Does anything happen when you hit the M key to bring up your message log?

Lt.Jurgens
10-13-09, 10:01 AM
Thanks for your replies guys. Yes, hitting (M) brings up the radio messages, I'd forgotten about that. As I mentioned before, it's been some months since I played. I must settle down to read the GWX3.0 manual as well, because there are quite a few subtle changes from the stock SH3.

Thanks again for your help.

Phil.

Wreford-Brown
10-13-09, 10:23 AM
I was wondering is it at all possible to disable
radio messages that are not about contacts and war declarations completely? Is there such mod for GWX 3.0? It is really getting annoying with all that morse code. Respect for all who did that research though.

I've just realised that my Mission Orders Lite mod isn't in the Downloads section:damn:. 7 months away and your mind turns to mush!

I'll u/l it tonight and give a link.

FIREWALL
10-13-09, 12:19 PM
To those that use Map updates in realism.

If you put Radioman in crew qtrs you won't get any Map updates (Convoy icon ect...) on map.

Wreford-Brown
10-13-09, 05:31 PM
As promised, Mission Orders Lite is at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1385

WBNN Mission Orders Lite drastically reduces the number of radio messages you receive during the campaign to a total of just 229 which are all relevant to missions scripted into GWX or important to your decision making process (e.g. location of supply ships). WBNN is designed for GWX but will work with any mod.

FIREWALL
10-13-09, 05:38 PM
As promised, Mission Orders Lite is at http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1385

WBNN Mission Orders Lite drastically reduces the number of radio messages you receive during the campaign to a total of just 229 which are all relevant to missions scripted into GWX or important to your decision making process (e.g. location of supply ships). WBNN is designed for GWX but will work with any mod.

Finally ! Thx W-B :salute:

Wreford-Brown
10-13-09, 06:19 PM
WB Warning Orders (it's partner mod) is also now uploaded at: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1386

WB Warning Orders will give you Warning Orders of impending operations and news of recent events through SH3 Commander. While your game is loading you will receive a message on your loading screen that will tell you of recent events or warn you of events that are going to happen during your patrol (e.g. the invasion of Norway) so that you can be in place to take part in the action.