PDA

View Full Version : ahhh!! Cruisers and bbs refuse to sink.

DrBackJack
09-27-09, 08:22 PM
No, this isnt another "zomg i putz 3 torpedoe in dat ship wtf." Its more like "zomg i putz 900 nuke rounds into that ship wtf":damn:

Mods using:
[REL] Yamato playable (beta) 1.15

Extremely high powered cannon rounds
Min hit points 1000
Max hit points 2000
Armor piercing 1000
Min radius 10
Max radius 20

900 rounds later on 3 kent heavy cruisers and the entire ships hull "disappeared", the deck was gone, and the entire superstructure had faded so you could see through it. The gun turrets were still intact. On all 3 ships there was some flooding in the rear, enough that the rear turrets. I put time compression on 500ish and come back 5 minutes later and they hadnt taken any more water on. Might I add the entire time my crew was still pounding away of what was left. I would have taken some screenshots of what was left, but i was too amazed they were still afloat. I would increase the cannons damage evem more, but I would like to stay sub nuclear:D

EXT64
09-27-09, 10:38 PM
Haha, I had the exact same problem only a night or two ago. Charged in and incapacitated the BB and cruisers, but they would not sink. Carriers and destroyers do. I even went one step further and rammed into one at flank. At first he started rolling, then the two ships "merged", then I came out the other side. This does not occur in other Battleship mods (like Scheer, NC) so my guess is that the damage model that is so great for us messes them up. I don't know if our model is applied to them or what is wrong, but they certainly aren't sinkable. We could also try posting back in the mod's thread for help.

DrBackJack
09-28-09, 01:15 AM
It happen again!:damn: this time with a fletcher destroyer
http://img121.imageshack.us/i/wtfab.jpg/
http://img132.imageshack.us/i/wtf2u.jpg/
http://img23.imageshack.us/i/wtf3s.jpg/

Oh and of corse the 3 cruisers and 2 bbs in that task force also were unsinkable

polyfiller
09-28-09, 06:41 AM
This is an issue which is very well known to the TSWSM mod team - essentially the stock damage model only really guarantees sinking where hits are received below the waterline - especially on warships.

What I am doing for the TSWSM is to re-model the damage zones for all warships to remove this non sinking issue... you'll see the results when TSWSM is released.

As a quick fix, I think RFB may have fixed some of these issues. Maybe load up RFB as you first mod thenload Yamoto etc up on top of it ?

DrBackJack
09-28-09, 03:08 PM
Ill will try rfb later today. Also, is there any way to increase the deck guns/cannons/ monster 18 inchers crews accuracy? Im too lazy to do the shooting myself and the crew cant hit the broadside of a barn.

Webster
09-28-09, 04:05 PM
Ill will try rfb later today. Also, is there any way to increase the deck guns/cannons/ monster 18 inchers crews accuracy? Im too lazy to do the shooting myself and the crew cant hit the broadside of a barn.

the game "makes" them miss on purpose to simulate moving decks and such so its only accurate when "you" man the gun

rfb will make this worse since they view the deck guns as unable to hit anything in RL and have modded it to be that way. i dont think rfb is a good mod to use for playable ships for that reason. its a great mod on its own though so i do recommend it but just not the way you are thinking

polyfiller
09-28-09, 04:39 PM
Good point Webster - I forgot about that.... still, it wouldn't take much to back out the deck gun inaccuracy changes... I'm thinking editingsim.cfg and changing;

Max error angle=5 ;[deg]
Max fire range=1500 ;[m]
Max fire wait=7 ;[s]

to

Max error angle=1 (stock, I think)
Max Fire range = 20000
Max Fire Wait=2

Can't imagine the playable surface ship guns are the problem as these would be loaded on top of RFB, so the setting in the gun turrets sim.cfg max angle deviation wouldn't have much to do with it ... unless the creator of the playable surface ship mod didn't what this value did or copied one from another gun which had poor accuracy. I've also found that these individual gun settings make only a tiny bit of difference - it's the ims.cfg plus the crews skill level which make the most difference.

EXT64
09-28-09, 11:11 PM
I am a little confused though, as the Admiral Scheer mod allowed cruisers and BB to be sunk, and in this mod everything else (including carriers) can be sunk. I remember reading that this mod improved the BB to make battles longer, but even when I tried to remove those files, they were unsinkable. Oh well, maybe I'll try RFB and the changes you suggested (I already use RFB for the subs) or just wait for the awesome TSWSM (I was so happy when i heard about that mod). :yeah:

DarkFish
09-29-09, 09:09 AM
900 rounds later on 3 kent heavy cruisers and the entire ships hull "disappeared", the deck was gone, and the entire superstructure had faded so you could see through it.ahh the dreaded semi-invisible ships... another issue very well known to TSWSMT. IIRC I was the one who 'discovered' this bug and polyfiller the one who fixed it. I think it had something to do with multiple non-playable zones assigned to a playable ship:hmmm:
[...] the awesome TSWSM (I was so happy when i heard about that mod). :yeah:You're welcome:up: We're slowly getting closer to a release...

polyfiller
09-29-09, 09:30 AM
If we are talking the invisible playable ship bug ... then this is caused by having a node in the playable ship.zon file with a parent of the main ship root node itself which has a zone defined of a type = destructable in the zones.cfg..... and somehow I managed to re-intorduce this bug into the Warspite again last night ... GRRR. :doh: