PDA

View Full Version : Weather?

ShadowWolf81
09-20-09, 06:32 AM
Hey guys... got a question for ya.. I think i 'finaly' got my computer working correctly.. (mostly)... so im finaly gonna be able to play SH4 for more than 20 minut spurts..

The mods i added in are the Real Environment and the Light fog slow water mod.. So just have a simple question for ya.

Is the 'weather' in SH4 stricly differances in the waves?.. or is there actualy storms and stuff? Yea.. i know.. silly question.. but hey.. i got hooked on SH4 first by seeing a video on youtube of the sub rideing threw what looked like a hurricane on the ocean =P... and the fact that it was a simulator game... most 'sim's ive played have been aircraft ones.. so finding a land.. er.. sea one got me intersted in giveing it a shot. So im just currious if i'll ever see anything other than stars and the sun =D

Fish40
09-20-09, 10:15 AM
Just give it time. The weather model IMO is far from perfect. I've gone weeks without seeing so much as a cloud. But the storms are there! Just give it time:yep:

Armistead
09-20-09, 06:08 PM
Weather has many forms. Wind speed is the factor that determines wave height and can come at any time. Storms vary in strengh, but give it time and you'll run into em. Sometimes lightning will show under the right conditions.

DarkFish
09-21-09, 02:29 AM
So im just currious if i'll ever see anything other than stars and the sun =DBelieve me, you'll be longing for weather like that when you encounter your 1st SH4 fog. Try sailing for weeks not even able to see an enemy 100 yds ahead of you:dead:

Armistead
09-21-09, 01:23 PM
Believe me, you'll be longing for weather like that when you encounter your 1st SH4 fog. Try sailing for weeks not even able to see an enemy 100 yds ahead of you:dead:

Oh the joy, perfect attack weather.