PDA

View Full Version : German Cruiser Mod

roadhogg
09-16-09, 04:08 PM
Now in the downloads section.

The only thing i couldn't fix is explained in the post further down, titled " Cranes on the pocket battleships".
Most of the destructable bits " pop off ", but some don't, however you'll still see an impact flare, so theres a visual effect, they just don't fall off.
Some help there would have been nice for the benefit of others.

Aside from that i fixed every issue i found, including stability issues and guns.

Read the readme.

I can get on with the A/C 's now. To follow soon.

roadhogg
09-17-09, 01:46 PM
Ooops, perhaps i should have explained it a bit better.

As in the above post, i went right through every bit of every model looking for and fixig problems, but i also found the best and most consistent historical info on them i could, and set them up accordingly in an effort to give them the most accurate performance in terms of . . . well everything really.

I think it's safe to say they transform these ships from wet weekends, in to proper warships capable of a good scrap.

Of course you may disagree, and their armour is still a bit light compared to the British ships, but i can't change history so i didn't cheat :)

Apologies for the poor explanation in the original post :oops:

coronas
09-17-09, 02:02 PM
Downloaded! Good work, roadhogg! :salute:

roadhogg
09-17-09, 05:02 PM
you're welcome :DL

roadhogg
09-20-09, 02:07 PM
Notification of a small oversight in the German Cruiser Mod.

Due to concentrating on other elements of the behaviour of these boats, i forgot to include revised values for the left and right drag, and up/down drag of these boats in the version of this mod that was released.

For those that have already installed the mod, and have skywasjers S3D, the values can be found in the .sim file for each boat ( in the "unit_ship" node under "hydro" ), and should have been set to:

LR Drag = 1.0
UD Drag = 0.6

These values are suitable for all boats in the mod. ( bear in mind that the beam width of the Hipper class is narrower than the pocket battleships, so one would expect a little more sideways roll than for the PB's.)

These values will slow down and reduce the amount of side to side "sway" and make the bow "plough" through the waves for longer in high seas, producing the "heavy feel" that some people prefer (myself included ).

Sincere apologies for the oversight. The mod has been updated with the new values in the download section.

Reece
09-20-09, 08:19 PM
OK, I give in, can't find it here::-?
http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches2005.html
Must make a note of this secret download place.:yep:

makman94
09-20-09, 08:24 PM
OK, I give in, can't find it here::-?
http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches2005.html
Must make a note of this secret download place.:yep:

:DL ,hello Reece,

look up in this page ! beside ' User CP ' you see the ''Downloads''. clic there!

Reece
09-20-09, 10:44 PM
Gee, right under my nose!!!:88) Where's my glasses!!:doh:

SquareSteelBar
09-21-09, 06:02 AM
....For those that have already installed the mod, and have skywasjers S3D, the values can be found in the .sim file for each boat ( in the "unit_ship" node under "hydro" ), and should have been set to:

LR Drag = 1.0
UD Drag = 0.6
....Only in Surfaced section or in both Surfaced and Submerged section???

roadhogg
09-21-09, 06:12 AM
Hi SSB,

Only in the surfaced section will be fine.

When the ship reaches it's draught height in the submerged section, it's sunk by then anyway, so the engines have normally stopped and it's coasted to a halt.
This means it's accelerating downwards to the bottom from a start speed of 0, and is not under power.

I found no submerged behaviour on sinking or sunk ships requiring alteration.

I take your point though, i should have been clearer with the explanation.
Sorry :)

Edit: If you like to watch them go down once they're under water, increasing the submerged figures will most likely have the effect of slowing down the rate at which they turn over, if that's what they're going to do, on their way to the bottom.
I can't see much in GWX under 25m though anyway, so it'll depend on what water you have.

SquareSteelBar
09-21-09, 10:15 AM
:up: