PDA

View Full Version : The new Reinforce alert(DWX). Your impressions

Castout
09-15-09, 01:33 AM
After so long it's finally been released. What's your impression. To me it's the definite DW supermod for sure. :yeah:

Thank you for all the hardwork of all involved in developing it. I hope we can now sink each other boats skipper or skimmer :D

Please share your sentiments on DWX here good or bad!

Sea Demon
09-15-09, 03:23 AM
Enemy submarine AI not good at all with this mod.

Every enemy sub shot at so far doesn't do anything to evade against my active pinging torpedoes, nor do they counterfire back. It's like the entire crew on the AI subs are asleep or zombies.

I like the visuals and such. But this flaw makes RA(DWX) completely unplayable.

Edited: Just came back from engaging an enemy Victor III. I launched 2 MK48 ADCAPS's. Both were active homing. The Victor III just sat there at 5 knots the entire time and didn't even change depth or course. My 2 MK 48's easily killed the Victor as he did nothing to avoid them.

Hate to say it. But this mod is not good and is unplayable for subs. I'm going back to my original DW/LWAMI configuration tomorrow.

dd149
09-15-09, 05:08 AM
There might be some easy fixes by just changing sub doctrines maybe? For example replacing them wit hte ones of Lwami 3.09 or coming 3.10.

Bill Nichols
09-15-09, 06:04 AM
See the main thread under DW Mods... and download the corrected doctrine file from there.

Direct link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=1172316#post1172316

:know:

Sea Demon
09-15-09, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys. Much better evasion. I still think the enemy AI subs don't fight back or counterfire properly. They just aren't aggressive at all. Or at least I haven't seen it.

One thing I like about this mod so far is the OHP and the SM-1 combination.

goldorak
09-15-09, 05:11 PM
Yes the OHP got a pretty heavy overhaul.
You have to try out the new commands for the helos controlled by the frigate.
It gives a new meaning to ASW operations. :DL

Castout
09-15-09, 06:54 PM
We desperately need scenarios or even campaigns for the new playables.

Right now those new playables can't be played except in quick mission which is kind of a pity.

I haven't tried the corrected doctrine but the enemy subs were not evading with the default ones.