PDA

View Full Version : Compatability

toscanopat
09-14-09, 09:21 PM
I am interested in the download version of Dangerous Waters. Does anyone know if it will run under Vista 64 bit?

Thanks,

Paul

Bubblehead Nuke
09-14-09, 11:40 PM
Yes, it runs well in Vista & Windows 7 both 32 and 64 bit.

BigBadVuk
09-20-09, 06:34 AM
YEs it runs,but it does not run well if i may say.
Im using WIndows 7 x64 and game has 1 big problem:
evry 0.5-2 seconds it stutters.Then it works ok and smooth and then again stops for very,very short period of time.Sound is ok but map,sonar,cockpit etc has stutter.It is not so annoying if you not looking at 3D screen or if you are not in cockpit.
I tried all possible compatibility options and newest drivers etc but NOP no joy.Stutter remain.:damn:

I have to say that id did not CTD ,even not once,and it can be played ok if you are ready to accept that "little" problem.But then this is OLD game,it was released even before Vista showed up so i guess this is not bad at all.Many games from that period are refusing to start at all.. :)

Theta Sigma
09-21-09, 05:24 AM
For the record, the above has NOT happened for me on Vista 32-bit. It's smooth on a Core 2 Duo with 3GB RAM and even on a Intel GPU.

JamesT73J
09-21-09, 07:56 AM
Win 7 32bit is okay; but everything needs to be in compatibility mode. Likewise if you're installing the LWAMI mods, they too need to be run in compatibility mode. Without it, they'll appear to work, but they won't actually have any effect.

Edit: I should add, I had the symptoms above on an XP box; it was caused by a dual core AMD processor; applying AMD's driver helped. I'm not sure this is available for Vista/7, but it's worth exploring.