PDA

View Full Version : New Das Boot Sound Mod - Wishlist!

Rapt0r56
09-10-09, 02:31 PM
As some of you know i'm working on an "Atmospheric / Sound" package, wich is in good progress.
Now for the reason of this Thread, i have many "Das Boot" Sounds,so i wanna seperate them for an new "Das Boot Sound Mod".

I wanna make it more Atmospheric, for example some Crew Talking Sounds, or
Improved Orders: " go to Battlestations... tube 1-4 clearly for underwater Committee"

Now it's your turn :up:
Write down your wishes for an new "Das Boot" Mod,
especially what you missed in other DB Sound mods.

I will noticed everything and try to get it ingame.
I have the 5 hour (Tv Version) here ready to extract your wishes and mixed it.
Below my Signature you will see the Mod Status of both. :ping:

Sailor Steve
09-10-09, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a great idea. The original DBSM has the "Steuerbord Machine stop! Backbord stop!" from when they pull into Vigo with the dislocated engine (Clank! Clank!). I have the long version of the movie too, and was thinking about something similar myself someday. What I'd like to replace that with is the "Beide machine stop!" from the end of the long version.

Also, if you extract the several different "Alarm!" scenes, like the one when they get the false call ("Maybe it was a seagull, hmm?"), I can use SH3 Commander's randomizer to make them be different each time you hit the 'C' key.

Since there is already a Das Boot Sound Mod, you might want to call yours something like 'Rapt0r's Improved DBSM', or something similar.

I'm looking forward to hearing it.:yeah:

Sledgehammer427
09-10-09, 03:06 PM
I second sailor steve's requests

Hitman
09-10-09, 03:12 PM
Hummm my only request is that you please do it in german, as it is by far more inmersive :cool:

I know many people who don't understand that language still play the game with it, and the text in their mother tongue, so it shouldn't be a problem. Also, I know many people who know already from practice and repetition what each speech means, even if not understanding german.

robbythesub
09-10-09, 03:41 PM
As above and what you are working on currently- lets rid the game of those dreadful mid-Atlantic voices that come with the stock game!

The voices of Das boot are great and I use those from WAC with other versions ie GWX currently.

Good luck! :salute:

Rapt0r56
09-10-09, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the Reply and the feedback, that's what i'm saying, with this new Mod i try to replace every possible Sound from SH3 to "Das Boot" Sounds :up:

Also, if you extract the several different "Alarm!" scenes, like the one when they get the false call ("Maybe it was a seagull, hmm?"), I can use SH3 Commander's randomizer to make them be different each time you hit the 'C' key.

Since there is already a Das Boot Sound Mod, you might want to call yours something like 'Rapt0r's Improved DBSM', or something similar.Yup, i will get everything i can get, so there will be variable Sounds to choose from for every Smell. (I'm working hard for the Mod now, the Name giving comes at least:up:)

Hummm my only request is that you please do it in german, as it is by far more inmersive :cool:I have only the German version, hence :salute:

von hally
09-12-09, 05:22 AM
Hi Raptor

good idea...sound being one of my loves!!!

more noise from the air tanks when surfacing (dont know if its in das boot)...maybe the sound of the conong tower hatch opening??

commands for equilising pressure...before hatch opens??

was there a different crew cheer also...when a ship goes down....it kinda annoys after a while?

oh, and dont take this as critisism...but sometimes the background music can be heard from the film when using the voices...kinda kills immersion....is there a way to remove this??

Best of luck....i know how much work this kind of thing takes:up:

Rapt0r56
09-12-09, 07:54 AM
oh, and dont take this as critisism...but sometimes the background music can be heard from the film when using the voices...kinda kills immersion....is there a way to remove this??Yes, i remove these background music / noises with Audacity, and you may happy, what you want i already have, i have to mix it only. :up:

I'm going trough the whole Movie and recording everything that has not be done in another DBSM,
of course your wishes at first. So, there are some specials in there.:03:

I try to hurry, but i'm working on these "Das Boot" Sound mod,
and the Atmospheric Sound collecition. And also a little special what's now in progress,
wich brings some usefull sounds from U-571.
Not the American Situations, but for SHIII great, and in use with "Das Boot" ok. :|\\

(In a separate folder, of course, so can you choose the sounds which one would like.)

Sailor Steve
09-12-09, 12:28 PM
I have only the German version, hence :salute:
:rock:

Sounds like it's going to be a good one! Looking forward to it.:sunny:

Rapt0r56
09-13-09, 07:29 AM
The Mods are in good progress now, Today I am on the last part of "Das Boot" to complete and give a chance to the U-571 Movie.
Then start working on mixing :|\\

Rapt0r56
09-14-09, 01:08 PM
Today i'll finished the Atmospheric Sound Package, now goes all the work in the "DBSM"! :shucks:

Rapt0r56
09-14-09, 05:38 PM
Anyone knows where i can hear the [ amb_SubmarineYard ] Sound :06:
(Ingame) I have an nice Addition from "Das Boot" that i want to mix with the standard Sound

It is a little strange when i have to mix it in the Harbour ambiente Sound...

von hally
09-15-09, 12:27 PM
Anyone knows where i can hear the [ amb_SubmarineYard ] Sound :06:
(Ingame) I have an nice Addition from "Das Boot" that i want to mix with the standard Sound

It is a little strange when i have to mix it in the Harbour ambiente Sound...

thats a headscratcher:hmmm: i cant remember hearing that either ingame:06:

wonder if its there but not used???

Laufen zum Ziel
09-15-09, 12:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing:up: the rewards of your hard work.

Sailor Steve
09-16-09, 12:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing:up: the rewards of your hard work.
And especially hearing them.:rotfl2:

Rapt0r56
09-16-09, 02:43 PM
The sounds are done tonight, I think. Then I'll still try it in the game and if it necessary, increase or reduce the sound volume.
Good work needs his Time ;)

For those who can't wait here a small Sample:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hoo01wney24
:haha::|\\

Rapt0r56
09-17-09, 01:20 PM
I'm now uploading those two Packs, it takes some time, nearly 800mb.
I'm making a new Thread when it is complete. :|\\ (2-3 hours) i can only give 60kb/s for uploading so... Rejoice on Tonight!