PDA

View Full Version : Cranes on the pocket battleships

roadhogg
09-10-09, 01:30 AM
Hiyall,
i'm going through the German cruisers from top to bottom, but have a problem i can't solve with the cranes on board the Deutschland class boats. They won't blow off :cry:
On the Hippers, ( Hipper, Prince Eugen, Blutcher and Lutzow) the cranes on the deck blow off and fall in to the water when hit, but not on the Deutschland, Graf Spee and Scheer.
I've examined the .dat's on both types, but can't find anything that looks wrong.
Parent id's link to the correct objects, node setups are the same, vertices and bounding boxes in the right places, zone controllers and spheres of the right type and in the right place.
The only appreciable difference i can see is that the Deutschland cranes only have one UV map channel, which doesn't seem to be a problem because the catapult aircraft also have one UV map channel, and they work.
I can't figure out why the cranes blow off when hit on the Hipper's but not the Deutschlands.

Does anyone have any idea where i might start looking to fix them?

I've got the same problem with the radar and radio housings on both types of ship, but i think the key to them may well be the same as with the cranes.

roadhogg
09-13-09, 08:32 AM
Is there no one capable of adding destructable bits to a ship model that work?
Any one that can make ship models with such items can surely have a quick look at the files on one of these ships and help me find out why the cranes fall off on the Hippers but not the pocket battleships, and why the radar and radio housings don't fall off on any of them.

Come on guys, help me out here please :D