PDA

View Full Version : Quick skinning question

sergei
09-08-09, 05:07 AM
Are there any skinners out there who can answer this for me?

OK - so I have been working on a skinpack for all the merchants in this game and am very close to releasing it.
Found the files in the Sea folder, figured out (googled it!) that the O and N files are the occlusion map and bump map, so I left them well alone, way above what I have the ability to do.
Edited the T files to make the merchants look less like huge piles of rusting metal.

Each skin seems to have 2 associated tex files,

eg. for the Nagara Maru
NKLCS_Nagara_T01
NKLCS_Nagara_T01_lr

What is the lr file used for?
In my backed up stock files they look the same as the regular files but at 512x512 instead of 1024x1024.
Do I just resize my files down and resave to get an lr file. Or maybe I can safely ignore these?

Thank you in advance.

danlisa
09-08-09, 05:24 AM
NKLCS_Nagara_T01_lr

What is the lr file used for?
In my backed up stock files they look the same as the regular files but at 512x512 instead of 1024x1024.
Do I just resize my files down and resave to get an lr file. Or maybe I can safely ignore these?

Thank you in advance.

LR = Long Range or Low Resolution.

Basically SH4 textures work by zoom or distance level. The closer you are the better the texture resolution, conversely the opposite is true.

Just scale your files.

sergei
09-08-09, 05:28 AM
Excellent Danlisa. I had a feeling it was something like that. Just wanted to be sure before I continued.

Thanks for your prompt reply:yeah: