PDA

View Full Version : Positionnement

Pascal
09-07-09, 05:51 AM
Gwx3. In the control room, i'm often inside the 3D periscope, too much in a left position.

Also, because i use a 16/9 screen the game is deformed; is there a way to resolve ?

Sag75
09-07-09, 01:08 PM
me too!

I'd like see my CE over the scope!

I know there are xyz values in the camera.dat file, but I don't know how to modify them.. may a modding expert help us??

NGT
09-07-09, 04:07 PM
You want this one?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147044&highlight=resolution+fix

Made in Rubini :up:

Pascal
09-08-09, 04:47 AM
Ah ! Thank you, but for my Vaio Sony, that change nothing : dials are always ovales. But its not grave, sh3 is an old game. All is not possible

Cheapskate
09-08-09, 06:26 AM
For changes to the Control Room camera you may find that Stormfly's excellent Extended Freecam mod is an answer to your problems. This will enable you to move the viewpoint anywhere in the lower deck and much else besides.

Unfortunately, it is not compatible with Anvarts RDF and Radar mods.

If you use any of these, then I can only suggest that you use the normal freecam (Shift + f2) which will also do the trick but in a far more limited way.

Pisces
09-08-09, 10:16 AM
Stretched dials are because the game expects a screen resolution with a certain aspect ratio: 4/3. You can stretch it up with that higher resolution mod thingy to fill the screen completely. But that forces the deformation (oval circles). Another option is perhaps a setting in your videocard or monitor settings. See if there is a setting that scales up lower resolutions but maintains aspect ratio. The only drawback is that you get black bands on the side of the screen. But that is a choice you you have to make. You can't have both ways.