PDA

View Full Version : looking for (a) smoke affected by wind Mod

Sag75
09-06-09, 08:35 PM
Does somebody have some information about ?

I read a post on it time ago, but the link there wasn't, it was still in develope.

thanks!

Graf Paper
09-07-09, 12:52 AM
It's been picked up by others, from time to time, but I haven't seen much activity in regards to completing it as a stand-alone mod.

Jimbuna
09-07-09, 06:20 AM
Does somebody have some information about ?

I read a post on it time ago, but the link there wasn't, it was still in develope.

thanks!

Wasn't either h.sie or hansolo working on a mod for this? :hmmm:

Rapt0r56
09-07-09, 06:55 AM
mh.. I don't remember for a single Mod that makes Smoke with wind effects.
But...
Sonar working on an new Super Mod that give's us Wind in the Game :hmmm:
look at the Thread U-BOATS: TOTAL WAR mod
(http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155652)

irish1958
09-07-09, 07:36 AM
Actually, there was a mod in development to this effect, but further studies showed that it didn't work and development was stopped.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154338&highlight=Smoke

Sag75
09-08-09, 07:37 PM
thanks for info..

so, there is no way to make a stand-alone mod ?

roadhogg
09-10-09, 02:04 AM
Does anyone happen to know how to change the colour of smoke?

I made a parent node for the Large smoke effect, but i'm fed up with jet black and wanted something a bit greyer, as if it's mixed with steam.

irish1958
09-10-09, 08:34 AM
thanks for info..

so, there is no way to make a stand-alone mod ?
"You have a mission, if you so choose."

Roadhogg: Does anyone happen to know how to change the colour of smoke?

This has been done; there are several mods to this effect. I don't know how to do it, but I think messing around on PhotoShop or Gimp works.

roadhogg
09-10-09, 09:14 AM
Thanks Irish :)

Sounds like i have to "make" a smoke colour with a modelling program and import it to SH3.
That's a drag :cry:, i was hoping i could just "tweak" the black smoke to a few shades lighter to give it more of a grey tinge.

Oh well, that one goes on the back burner till i've finished the cruisers and carriers. :nope:

Sag75
09-10-09, 06:36 PM
"You have a mission, if you so choose."

yes.. but I don't know where put my hands !

irish1958
09-11-09, 08:09 AM
yes.. but I don't know where put my hands !
My Mother always told me to keep my hands to myself.:o
The problem is the SH3 engine. Apparently, the behavior of the smoke is to trail the ship's motion and this is hard coded. So two ships going in different directions will have smoke going in opposite directions, and the direction of the wind will have no effect.j
To my knowledge, this can't be fixed unless you can get into the hard code of the SH3 engine.:damn:

Sag75
09-11-09, 08:02 PM
My Mother always told me to keep my hands to myself.:o

ops, sorry, probably we give a different sense to the same way to say!

The problem is the SH3 engine. Apparently, the behavior of the smoke is to trail the ship's motion and this is hard coded. So two ships going in different directions will have smoke going in opposite directions, and the direction of the wind will have no effect.j
To my knowledge, this can't be fixed unless you can get into the hard code of the SH3 engine.:damn:

..so what we can see in the before quoted mods is just fictional ?

irish1958
09-12-09, 08:14 AM
"..so what we can see in the before quoted mods is just fictional ?"
I don't know; perhaps the "Total War" mod will do this; but to the best of my knowledge this hasn't been done yet.