PDA

View Full Version : Adding torpedoes while on cruise

Cap'n Cruncz
09-02-09, 03:55 PM
Good evening, help is requested since I am desperate! I just returned unharmed from a patrol, no torpedoes left in my sugarboat and except for massive air raids I had no problems so far on my way home. But now - all of a sudden this huge, massive, incredibly large, I lack words to describe it - cluster of ships appears on my map and it contains four aircraft carriers, lots of battleships, I do not know how many destroyers - but I have no torpedoes left. I mean come on, be realistic, in real life you'd ask the toothfairy and she'd gave you some torpedoes. I do not play for realism but fun, ergo I need my torpedoes stocked up again. I have to attack that combat group. I do not use any mods except for some boat skins and that lesser-aircraft mod. Is it possible to open some saved game file, edit some parameter and get torpedoes by that? I have been modifying crew like that and certainly you can change things like boat speed and so on. I don't want to cheat for all times, but I have to attack this convoi. I just have to. Really, there is no other option. What is to be done?

donut
09-02-09, 04:09 PM
try editing saved game file.

keltos01
09-02-09, 04:38 PM
ever thought of ramming ? :har:

keltos

Randomizer
09-02-09, 04:41 PM
You have a deck gun don't you?

Cap'n Cruncz
09-02-09, 07:10 PM
I do have some sort of deck gun, but I take a quick guess so do the destroyers and battleships. Ramming sounds funny but should result in a quick game end.

Of course it is cheating, no valor, but it is a game and I have an inner drive to attack that thing, what without torpedoes I can not and as I don't know when that sort of opportunity returns - action has to be taken just now. Besides my wife threats me with sex, so please, please, please help me escaping that. I just cannot figure out what exactly to edit in that saved game file.

Cheers!

donut
09-02-09, 07:21 PM
100% for you, "LUCKY" come aboard.

Webster
09-02-09, 08:01 PM
the game is famous for doing this when you have no torpedos left :wah: just do as we all do and mumble quietly to yourself as you let them go and head to port