PDA

View Full Version : Troble installing GWX 3

Halifax
09-01-09, 05:14 PM
Hey Folks, I dont post here much, I like to spend my free time sinking, there never seems to be enough time.

The Mrs. Infected our computer with spyware, and then went on a purge of files trying to get rid of it, and deleted something from GWX, :stare: and it would not load, so I went through the onerous process of uninstalling everything and re-installing.

Everything went very well and easy, until I tried to start the game, I got passed the GWX flash screen, and the movie, and then on the next screen that loads into the campaign menu, the little red bar loaded and filled full, but never flashed over into the menu. :wah: I am running Windows XP, and I installed a nice new copy of SH3, and patched to US v1.4. If anyone could help this Captain would be very appreciative.

Havent been here in months, very excited about SH5!

Thanks in advance and Cheers from Halifax

ReallyDedPoet
09-01-09, 07:48 PM
Try posting this in the SH3 Forum, you may have more luck :DL

Or ask one of the SH5 Moderators to move
this thread for you :yep:

Edit: Just saw the other thread.

Safe-Keeper
09-01-09, 07:49 PM
SH5 is not out yet. Therein lies your problem :) .

Webster
09-02-09, 11:06 AM
as RDP said, you are posting in the wrong forum so i will move it to the sh3 forum

that said the poblem you describe is usually due to not uninstalling properly and removing all leftover files.

you have to unistall all your mods before you uninstall the game or all your modded files will be left behind and corrupt the game again.

look over this sh4 thread which is the same steps to take for sh3 as well for more info on proper uninstalling/reinstalling process: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133290