PDA

View Full Version : ACM Reloaded for OLC Mk2d

karamazovnew
08-24-09, 08:23 PM
Download links

Main mod, version 1.1 (3 September 2009): http://www.filefront.com/14452675/ACM%20Reloaded%20for%20OLC%20%27Gold%27%20MkII.zip

ACM Lite Map: http://www.filefront.com/14426793/ACM-Lite-Map.zip/[/B]

Compatibility file for Stormfly's Extended Free Camera mod: http://www.filefront.com/14427985/Wide%20FOV%20for%20Extended%20FreeCam%201.2.zip

Compatibility file for FlakMonkey's New Interior mod: http://www.filefront.com/15728489/FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded.zip

Tutorials:
A comprehensive tutorial that works for all ACM type GUIs (including Manos GUI). Just ignore the pics themselves and focus on the dials that were used.
http://www.filefront.com/15351513/Manual-Targeting.zip/
Quick Tutorial on how to use AOBF in ACM: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1139690&postcount=191

To install, respect the following mod orders (the files that you can download from the above links are listed yellow):

Basic Setup:
- GWX3.0
- etc
- OLC 'Gold' MkIIc ~ Option 2 OR Option 4 preffered
- OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
- etc (including other OLC optionals)
- ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
- ACM Lite Map (optional but recommended)
- TMT mod (any variant, any position, highly recommended)

With Stormfly's Free camera mod (best camera mod ever!)
- GWX3.0
- etc
- Extended FreeCam 1.2 for ACM
- Wide FOV for Extended FreeCam 1.2

With Flakmonkey's New Interior 1.0 mod:
- GWX3.0
- etc
- FM_NewInterior_V1.0
- FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded

(FM_NI fix for OLC not required)

Change log:
V1.1:
- Torpedo Tubes buttons and Water Level Dial cleaned up
- Small increase of clip distance on Binocular View
- Updated mini recognition manual with TMT v2 values
- Updated some zoom levels to correspond with the ones in the Wide Fov file. However, I still recommend using Stormfly's mod (just remember to put the Wide FOV fix after it, in case you do).

History
ACM (Another Combi Mod) was made by Mikhayl. It's last version was 1.1 and was completed on 29 November 2008 (I think). His original thread is here LINK (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144855). It is a combination of an older OLC Env+Gui, with a TDC on the attack periscope screen, and other features. If this is the first time you've heard about ACM, it's advisable to read that entire thread.

While using this interface, over the months I have added my own modifications to it, for personal use, by including new textures and more precise optics and AOB finder. After a while I posted them on the ACM thread as "ACM Reloaded", a small size upgrade for ACM 1.1. However, after the ACM download link broke and OLC published a new version of his interface and environment, I decided to trim down unnecesary files and make an ugrade version for OLC Mk2d. The current version is only 49 MB and contains all the features made by Mikhayl, and my own modifications. This merge was only made and tested with the LRT versions of OLC's GUI (Option 2 and Option 4).

Screenshots and features

Since this is a simplification and rewiring of an upgrade of a combination of an interface mod (:doh:), a feature list might be impractical. I can only list what I have done. You can find the complete of my features and screenshots on this LINK (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1139675&postcount=190). It is the 190'th post on the ACM main thread. Please read that post carefully, as it also explains how to customise the color of the periscope lenses plus other things. Post nr. 191 explains how to use the AOB finder wheel in detail. On the same thread you can find how to add a draggable chronometer and even why I decided to start a new thread altogether for this download :O:.

Comments:

1. What's ACM Lite Map: well I got a bit overboard when changing the map settings and made this a bit too hard. ACM Lite map not only reenables Harbors on the map but also brings back overlays of the sub, colored map contacts and speed trails (on lower diff levels ofc). I personally use it so...

2. What about OLC GUI Options 1 and 3 without Longer Repair Times? You can use those, but you might get minor unexpected results. My pack contains the files "Commands_de.cgf, Commands_en.cfg, de_menu.txt and en_menu.txt", based on the ones in the LRT versions. You're free to Winmerge them with the non-LRT versions.

3. A known issue: because of the way the OLC 50% grey items work in ACM, you will see graphical issues in the Mission Orders, the Captain's log and the Radio Messages screens. Believe me, there is nothing I can do about them except remake about 100 textures. :damn:

4. Make sure to get Stormfly's latest Extended Free Camera mod found HERE (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154643). His mod is based on the original ACM so it's well compatible with ACM Reloaded (except for the UZO zoom which is 6.637 in my mod). However I liked to have a wider FOV in the interior screens so I've made an optional for his mod. It also smooths the Conning Periscope Camera, and the deck crew are now visible through the binoculars, so you need to move around to see the ships. You can find the file here: http://www.filefront.com/14427985/Wide%20FOV%20for%20Extended%20FreeCam%201.2.zip. Remember to put it after Stormfly's mod (which must also be put above ACM Reloaded).

5. Compatibility with other mods: altough this mod is made up almost only of image files, those few text files (*.ini, *.dat and*.cfg files) are deadly important. Always make that sure that you don't overwrite them.

6. If you're already an OLC gui user, please note that you will loose the fixed zoom level for the scopes. That means that you'll loose the wave effect that OLC has achieved in those screens.

Now for thanks.
First of all a big thanks to OLC, Hitman and Joegrundman which revolutionised the way we think about the SH interface. Altough I have opted to use the ACM gui instead, I never forget that at it's core, ACM contains 90% of OLC's gui :salute:.
Then a big thanks to Nicolas which proved how usefull it is to have the TDC on the Attack Periscope screen (with autoupdate on :rock:). Just in case you've missed it, here's why:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151431. By the way, can any moderator change it's name to coincide with the title of the first post? Please?
Thanks Makman for all your work with TMT and your support in my efforts :arrgh!:.
And last but not least (actually I should've placed you first), thanks Mikhayl for bringing it in one imba package :up:

h.sie
08-25-09, 02:23 AM
Looks very interesting.

Will try it out. But one question occurs: Didn't OLC say that his Gold Environment and the GUI with fixed zoom are inseperable?

And: The TDC screen look superb. But doesn't it make programmimg these FAT-Torpedoes much harder (never tried it out).

Great work!

makman94
08-25-09, 04:25 AM
its always better for someone to have more choices!!
very nice Karamazovnew! :up:

karamazovnew
08-25-09, 09:27 AM
Looks very interesting.

Will try it out. But one question occurs: Didn't OLC say that his Gold Environment and the GUI with fixed zoom are inseperable?

And: The TDC screen look superb. But doesn't it make programmimg these FAT-Torpedoes much harder (never tried it out).

Great work!

I repeat 5. If you're already an OLC gui user, please note that you will loose the fixed zoom level for the scopes. That means that you'll loose the wave effect that OLC has achieved in those screens.

As for the TDC, I've only replaced the background texture. It's all Mikhayl's. I've never used FATs, you might be right, it's harder to visualise how they move. :hmmm:

geosub1978
08-25-09, 11:15 AM
Hello Karamazov!
Under your directives by adding these files on topACM Reloaded for OLC Mk2d you have the following:

1st. The wonderful slide out compass "Hitman New Compass Graphics v1.0".
So you will set your coarse precisely true or relative!

2nd. You have the four dials for Fuel/Battery/CompAir/CO2 as slide out at the down left corner of the screen instead of in the middle, by moving the cursor at the relevant area not over the activities area.

Have a look please!
http://www.filefront.com/14391653/ADD%20TO%20ACM%20RELOADED%20FOR%20OLCGMKII.7z

PL_Cmd_Jacek
08-25-09, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the mod.

3. I'm sorry, but my cameras.dat file is not compatible with Stormfly's Extended Free Camera mod. Differences are minor, maybe Stormfly can work it out somehow.

I've just installed your mod with Extended Free Camera and did no see any problems. Where exactly are differences ?

karamazovnew
08-25-09, 02:30 PM
EDIT: No longer an issue, I'm using Stormfly's mod myself. Ignore the rest of this post.

If you remember, the ACM reloaded mod did not include the cameras.dat file, as there was no need. When I made this version for OLC mk2, I had to include that file too. However, the cameras.dat file on my computer is no longer the same as the original ACM file. It has different pivots, and FOV's and also a different UZO zoom level. The fact that Stormfly's mod was made for ACM means that it will also work with this mod, but they are not completley compatible.

Before releasing this mod, I also wanted to include Stormfly's free camera mod. After some investigation I've decided that the vertical movement of the camera in his mod was much too distracting. Since then I've worked to finding a solution and have already contacted Stormfly about it. You can read my info on his thread. Eventually I will include an option free cam for this mod. Untill then however, use the Extended Free Camera mod at your own discretion.

onelifecrisis
08-25-09, 02:36 PM
Didn't OLC say that his Gold Environment and the GUI with fixed zoom are inseperable?

It's not the end of the world if someone adds multiple zooms, it just means you lose the wave rendering fix and the horizon will be not quite so well behaved (although I think only the very observant would notice the latter and even then they would not necessarily care).

Nice work k :salute:

karamazovnew
08-25-09, 02:49 PM
Hey there OLC, always a pleasure to talk to THE interface guru.
I did try to use fixed zoom levels for the UZO and the Binoculars (I mean zoom level 1x, and adjusted Angular Distance). They worked of course, and the waves really made a difference, just as in your release. However, the mouse rotation speed made them almost unusable. So I had to abandon them. If there is a way to reduce mouse sensitivity I wouldn't mind trying again. Fixed zoom level on the periscopes was not an issue for me, the AOB wheel is designed for 6X zoom anyway, but that would also bring the game's lens lines into the view. And I can't have that, I guess you understand why.

Oh, some important questions, in SH3, is it possible to attach a command to a clickable item? Let's say I'd like to make a "Periscope Depth" button on the Periscope screen. The commands_cfg file only links to items in the Layout Page. SH4 seems to ignore even that.

Also, I can't add dials to other pages, like the Nav Map and the Hydrophone view. I really wanted to include a static chrono in those views. I've done all the proper steps, but they don't move. Does the dials.cfg file ignore items in those pages through coding?

onelifecrisis
08-25-09, 03:14 PM
heh, thanks :shucks:

Oh, some important questions, in SH3, is it possible to attach a command to a clickable item? Let's say I'd like to make a "Periscope Depth" button on the Periscope screen. The commands_cfg file only links to items in the Layout Page.

You answered your own question; AFAIK you can only add commands to the Layout page via commands_cfg. It won't work on other pages. For your own personal use you might want to look at AutoHotkey - it can be a surprisingly powerful tool in any game.

Also, I can't add dials to other pages, like the Nav Map and the Hydrophone view. I really wanted to include a static chrono in those views. I've done all the proper steps, but they don't move. Does the dials.cfg file ignore items in those pages through coding?

Again you're correct; certain pages cannot have dials on them. I've found no way of "enabling" dial functionality on those pages. Maybe it's hardcoded.

h.sie
08-25-09, 04:30 PM
Really a great combination - OLC Env & ACM GUI.

2 very little things I discovered:

a) When changing to the sonar-room, the view of the player is into the direction of the captains bed instead of the sonar man.

b) The lamps of selected torpedoes are dark and the lamps of unselected ones are bright. Is this a bug or a feature?

H.Sie

karamazovnew
08-25-09, 05:34 PM
Really a great combination - OLC Env & ACM GUI.

2 very little things I discovered:

a) When changing to the sonar-room, the view of the player is into the direction of the captains bed instead of the sonar man.

b) The lamps of selected torpedoes are dark and the lamps of unselected ones are bright. Is this a bug or a feature?

H.Sie

a) lol, it took me a while to understand that you weren't talking about the sonar station but the entire sonar/radio room. I didn't change that camera in any way so it's as in ACM 1.10. I didn't even know that any other mod does it differently. I almost never get to that room because it's impossible to click on the hatch that activates in from the CR position. I only see it when I right click from the hydro room.

Do you get around the sub by clicking? I just Right click the officer's icons. The logic would be for the radio room camera to take it's rotation from either the Command Room rotation, or the Hydrophone room rotation. But that would also face you to the bed :haha:. Once we manage to implement a good free camera upgrade this won't be an issue anymore.

Oh, just a thing. This only happens when you enter that room for the first time after a game load right?

b) yes, it is a feature, it's to suggest that the selected tubes buttons have been pushed in. Don't think about it as lit/unlit buttons, but pushed/raised buttons. Maybe I should rework the the tga file to make it more clear...
Actually I will. How about the unselected tubes are raised but unlit, and the selected ones are pushed but lit... I'll start working now. Thanks for the notice.

Edit: Damn, it's harder than I thought.... I think I'll need to take out the torpedo buttons from the Periscope.tga into separate files. Will take a while but I'll definitly put it on my list.

h.sie
08-26-09, 02:55 AM
Ah, cool. Would be nice if it works.

This Env+GUI combination is nearly perfect and I could be the final solution for me....

Please allow me to tell about another thing:

If looking around through the binocs, one sometimes can see parts of the binocs of the other bridge crew. Maybe this can be solved by changing the point of view a little bit. If you don't want to do that, I'll try it by myself.

greetings,
h.sie

Faslane
08-26-09, 08:57 AM
Thanks for your work in producing this mod.
I have a question regarding the speed/time/distance nomograph on the map screen. I find it distracting when plotting. Is there any way to remove it?

karamazovnew
08-26-09, 01:05 PM
@h.sie: Can ou tell me at which bearing? The only thing I can see is the antena at the back of the sub. No need for moving the pivot. Open the cameras.dat file and raise the ClipDistance from 1.2 to something like 1.5 or even 2 (It's in the CameraParams controller). By the way, if you give it a small value like 0.01, you can see the entire crew, but it's distracting (and you can't move anyway). Would've been nice if they were blurred.

Oh and one more thing about the deck camera... Since the binoculars view is stable on the Z axis, you always get a bit of Z rotation on the deck camera when you switch back. I've yet to see a mod that can fix that. I've tried almost every thing I could with the CameraPositioner Node :wah:. If only the deck camera were stable too. Any idea how to do that?

@Faslane: yes, edit the Data\Menu\Gui\StrTactMap.tga. The clone stamp tool should make quick work of it. But the nomograph is an important tool and I have removed the draggable version. However you have both the back of the Attack disk and the AOBF tool that serve the same porpoise. There was a vertical nomograph version in one mod on subsim. Can't remember which, but I remember it being hard to read because of the reduced size.

Oh and I have an imortant request to anyone who'd like to help me with something. I removed the "depth thinghie" because it's colors were not correct so it was useless. My game crashes when I try to take screenshots and the only program that I can take them with makes them too dark. I need screenshots of how the map looks at maximum zoom when the sub is in the following places.
- water less than 17 m deep
- water between 17 and 60m deep (best 40)
- water between 60 and 90m deep (best best 75)
- water between 90 and 150m deep (best 120)
- water between 150 and 230m deep (best 190)
- water deeper than 230
Before doing that the willing helper should disable the dark overlay on the map int he menu_1024_768.ini file here:
[G31 I2]
Name=OLC 50% Grey
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x31DF1314
ParentID=0x31000000
Pos=0,768,1024,768 <--- comment out this line and restore after finishing it
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/dark/dark.tga
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9

Thanks in advance :up:

h.sie
08-26-09, 04:07 PM
Here you can see what I mean:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l0yogwm1dir

LiveGoat
08-26-09, 09:51 PM
Nice work, Karamazovnew. Thanks for everything.

---LG

Oskar Meier
08-27-09, 09:11 PM
Kara,

I like your mod, with the exception of one feature. I think (?) you've removed the ability of the WO to provide the range to contacts, along with the bearing. Is there any way that can be restored?

karamazovnew
08-28-09, 05:23 AM
Open the data\menu\en_menu.txt or data\menu\en_menu.txt, depending on which language you use for the text and change the following line:

for en_menu.txt:
change this 4616=Nearest visual contact at bearing %03.0f!
into this 4616=Nearest visual contact at bearing %03.0f, range %.0f meters!

for de_menu.txt:
change this 4616=Nächster Sichtkontakt auf Kurs %03.0f!
into this 4616=Nächster Sichtkontakt auf Kurs %03.0f, Entfernung %.0f Meter!

To bad we can't make the range less precise.

LiveGoat
08-28-09, 12:29 PM
Sorry if this has been covered already but I'm currently using the first version of ACM Reloaded with GWX3 and the 20km mod. Will your new version of ACM Reloaded work as well or should I just stick with the first one?

Thanks

Oskar Meier
08-28-09, 02:41 PM
Thanks Kara....you're super helpful. I'll try that later. And yes, I agree, it would be nice to have a happy medium - "Estimated range 6,000 meters!"....and the ACTUAL range could be anywhere from, say, 5,000 to 7,000 meters. Or something like that, to allow approximate, but imprecise, course plotting.

bybyx
08-29-09, 01:04 AM
Hello Karamazovnew, or should i say: Salut de la Otopeni!
I have downloaded the mod but I am not such a hardcore player an I was wondering if you could release a "lite" version in which we can have back the contacts with the lines that shows the course of the ship, the 360 degrees bearig around the sub and everything else that came with the game and if it is all right also the notepad.I was doing only half of the manual targeting (Speed, Range, and AOB), the course of the target being already provided on the map and I was kinda happy with that, being to lazy to use the Attack Disk. I want to use the OLC mod for the environment it has and your GUI is the only one that works with it.

Thanks/Multumesc

Florin.

karamazovnew
08-29-09, 10:36 PM
Salut Florin :salute:. Nice to see a brother fighting for the fatherland :haha:.
Well, OLC's environment also comes with the OLC gui :har:. ACM is a variant of that gui. Both come without notepads and there's nothing I can do about it. In theory, you could delete all files related to the interface from these mods(BOTH of them) and you'll keep the original GWX interface. That means deleting the following:
- the entire Data\Menu folder
- Data\Library\Cameras.dat file
- Data\Cfg\Commands_en.cfg and Commands_de.cfg
Not sure why you'd want to do that but, your choice...

However if you want to keep the ACM interface, I've got something for you:
http://www.filefront.com/14426793/ACM%20Lite%20Map.zip
What it does is:
- brings back the GWX bearing overlay on the sub
- brings back the coloured contacts (neutral, enemy, friendly)
- restores all map settings to the GWX default.
- brings back the speed tails on the contacts (if you use Map Contact Updates)

Just enable after ACM. This should not be regarded as an optional for the ACM reloaded, which is why I won't bother placing this link on the first post. These are just original GWX files that have been overwritten by the OLC mod. I for one choose using the map as little as possible, and the TDC as much as possible.

A little explanation:
1. Both the speed tail and the hydrophone lines are actually the same file. The left part of the file is used for the speed tails. Since the hydrophone lines need to be coloured to distinguish merchants from warships, then the speed tail will also be coloured. To preserve aspect I had to make all ship units coloured. No choice there.
2. The bearing overlay is just a weird rotatable unit image that is visible from a certain zoom level down. The size of the file determines the zoom levels at which it will be visible at, as it gets larger as you zoom in and smaller as you zoom out. So I had no choice but to reuse the GWX map settings to allow you to view it. In case one would like to have the overlay but nothing else changed, the size of the file would be huge.

bybyx
08-30-09, 02:44 AM
Wow! It's alive, It's alive!!
Works great man! Thanks a lot for this.
:rock:

karamazovnew
08-30-09, 04:22 AM
Hehe :up:

Got some great news, Stormfly has made an awesome job with his Extended Free Camera mod so make sure to try it. I've updated the first post and comment 3 with info...

bybyx
08-31-09, 12:39 PM
How do I do at normal zoom on the attack periscope with the wheel?

karamazovnew
08-31-09, 01:18 PM
:06: I don't understand what you mean...

bybyx
08-31-09, 01:31 PM
:06: I don't understand what you mean...
I mean when I take the range
At 6x is one and at 1.5 is another. Do i divide by 3? In Olc tutorial's it was a different procedure for each zoom level

karamazovnew
08-31-09, 01:44 PM
I mean when I take the range
At 6x is one and at 1.5 is another. Do i divide by 3? In Olc tutorial's it was a different procedure for each zoom level

Did you check this post? http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1139690&postcount=191
As it says there all calculations should be made at 6X zoom.

ACM's minimum zoom level is not 1.5X, but 2X. The reason for this is that SH3 has hardcoded periscope lines that would show up at 1.5X and look weird.

Just in case you want to make calculations for the 2X zoom, just multiply the number of "degrees" (angle, if you want to call it that) by 3. If a ship is 9 "degrees" high at 6X zoom, it will be 3 "degrees" at 2X zoom. So if a ship is 1 "degree" high at 2X zoom, ofc, it will be 3 "degrees" high at 6X zoom (multiplied by 3) etc... So let's say a ship is so close that it extends beyond the top of the screen and you can't count the "degrees" at 6X zoom. WHen you go to 2X zoom you see that it covers 10 "degrees" in height. To calculate the range, use a value of 30 (10x3) "degrees". Simple.

Why do i say "degrees" instead of simply degrees or marks?
In ACM the marks are the lines that you see. The fifth marks are numbered as 10. So the 1 space between 2 marks is 2 "degrees". But actually, at minimum zoom level, the marks are perfectly aligned to the game's degrees. So the 5'th lines are actually 5 game degrees, even though you use thae as 10 "degrees" in this mod. Don't bother too much with this, it's not important. Just follow the instruciton on that post and you'll do great. I've never used 2X zoom for calculations.

bybyx
09-01-09, 01:00 AM
Thanks Kara. And another thing. I used "HsGui TypeVII salvo selector" with your Gui and it seems to work so far but if I use this:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155579
the dials on the TDC can not be used as they become frozen.
:salute:

karamazovnew
09-01-09, 01:13 AM
Bybyx, that mod replaces the commands_en.cfg file so you loose the link between the Autoupdate TDC button and the actual Toggle_TDC_Autoupdate command.
So in his mod, in the Data\Cfg\Commands_en.cfg (and *_de.cfg)... replace THIS:

[Cmd131]
Name=Toggle_TDC_autoupdate
Ctxt=1

With THIS:

[Cmd131]
Name=Toggle_TDC_autoupdate
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F010017

bybyx
09-01-09, 02:28 AM
It's alive, it's alive, again:D
You're really good at this aren't you:sunny:? Sometimes I want to start modding myself but how can I learn this stuff if I never had any training in programing:damn:.

h.sie
09-01-09, 02:29 AM
Hello karamazovnew (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/member.php?u=244231),

can the ObsScope be used for range finding, too, that means: are the markings and numbers as exact as in the AttackPeri?

thanks.
h.sie

karamazovnew
09-01-09, 09:09 AM
@bybyx: I've learned to mod SH3 by analysing every mod I've ever used to see how they did it. The gaps can be filled by logical assumption. It's more like puzzle solving and can be as enterntaining as playing the game. It's not programming. I wish it were, I'm good at programming. If I had access to those scripts... sigh.

@hsie: Yeap. They're exactly the same. :up:

h.sie
09-02-09, 03:23 AM
Hi karamozewnew,

please allow me some more questions:

a) is the red color of the attack peri filter historical correct or is it just eye-candy? (if it's eye-candy, then i'll replace it by a grey filter)

b) is this your final version or are you planning to do some further development on this GUI?

Thank you!
h.sie

karamazovnew
09-02-09, 05:10 AM
a) uboats had red, green, and yellow filters for both scopes. The first filter mod I made had a green lens. Then I switched to red because it made the water look redish. You can make them pink if you want to :oops: Whatever looks best.
b) I don't see what else I can squeeze in this. If you have any suggestions, by all means, tell me. I'd rather spend time to finish the SH4 interface than finding things to add to Mikhayl's excelent layout. :up:

h.sie
09-02-09, 05:44 AM
Sure I have some ideas for further development, but they are very individual for me and because of that not worth to be mentioned here.

I only asked because if you finished your work, it's the right moment for me to start with my own individual modifications.

karamazovnew
09-02-09, 03:31 PM
A new version coming tomorrow with the following changes:
- better torpedo buttons
- cleaner water level panel
- updated values for mini rec-manual with TMT2 values and mast positions
- fix for camera for those who don't use the Extended Free Camera Mod.

Should really be the last one :woot:

h.sie
09-02-09, 03:35 PM
COOOL !

karamazovnew
09-02-09, 04:22 PM
Done, updated download link in first post... enjoy :up:.

P.S: Normally, I would say that the TMT v2 mod is required for ACM Reloaded. But, since the only tangency between the 2 is the mini recognition manual, it's your choice if refuse to use it. If you don't use TMT, some of the values on the mini rec-manual will be different by up to 2 meters for height and about 1 meter for draft.

vasmann
09-03-09, 09:29 AM
Hello there.
I have a small question.
Is it possible to get chronometer to F5 (Nav Map view)?
If so, what should I do?
Thank you.

karamazovnew
09-03-09, 10:52 AM
Hello there.
I have a small question.
Is it possible to get chronometer to F5 (Nav Map view)?
If so, what should I do?
Thank you.

Nope, check posts 9 and 10 on this thread.

This is how to add a draggable stopwatch in all screens:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1145608&postcount=204

vasmann
09-03-09, 12:46 PM
Oh, thank you. Exactly what I was looking for.

h.sie
09-04-09, 05:55 PM
how does range finding work in obs-peri with these markings 50,100,150.

i expected the same numbers as in the attack-peri.

why do the numbers differ so much?

thanks!

karamazovnew
09-04-09, 05:58 PM
I believe they come from Hitman's optics. I've seen a diagram of the real Obs Scope markings and they're exactly the same. Anyway, the values are multiplied by 10. So if a ship is 10 degrees high in the AP (5'th line) then it will be 100 in the Obs scope.

PL_Cmd_Jacek
09-05-09, 04:02 PM
Obs and AP are exactly the same. The difference is only with UZO - 10%.

karamazovnew
09-05-09, 05:12 PM
The UZO is fine to use, I made it around 6.6X zoom for the extra markings to work as they do in OLC's gui, without making the normal zoom 1X for the waves effect. But usually, when we attack on the surface it's night so I end up using the Obs Scope anyway. :haha:

Hitman
09-06-09, 03:51 AM
how does range finding work in obs-peri with these markings 50,100,150.

i expected the same numbers as in the attack-peri.

why do the numbers differ so much?

thanks!

If the modder kept the right proportions and the scale works as intended. the only difference is the additional zero.

The formula for range finding when the scale is in 100ths is as follows:

Range = (Target heigth / Scale number) x 100

Whereas the formula for range finding when the scale is in 10ths is as follows:

Range = (Target heigth / Scale number) x 10

So in fact it's the same formula, only adapted to conserve the different historical appearence of the periscope scales.

I'm working on a newer version of my optics which will already incorporate unified measures in all scales.:up:

karamazovnew
09-06-09, 06:40 AM
I don't think that applies anymore Hitman... Mikhayl made the minimum zoom 2X, so the mark/angle ratio at 6X is not 0.125, but 0.166666. But that isn't important since the ratio is a linear component. When I recreated the marks for this mod, I kept the zoom levels but I destroyed the nonlinearity for better use with the AOB finder wheel. I aligned them perfectly with the marks that the game used. The marks are now linear (equally spaced) and they simply wouldn't work on a linear formula like the one you described since the tangent(angle)/range formula is not linear. Even so, I don't recall Mikhayl's original marks to be that much different from mine, especially at low values. Your formula should be quite usable even with my OP marks. Let me demonstrate.

Let me see. In the "how to use" post http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1139690&postcount=191 I had about 9.3 height in the AP (or 93 in the Obs scope) at 6X zoom at a range of 850 m.

9.3 / 3 = 3.1 marks at 2X
3.1/2 = 1.55 angle on the stadimeter (don't ask)
(22.9/1.55)*10= 147 meters
But it should be 846 meters, so there's a 5.758163 ratio between the values.

If I apply them for a ship that is 6 marks high at 6X zoom, that means:
6/3 = 2 marks at 2X
2/2 = 1 degree on the stadimeter
(22.9/1)*10=229 meters
But it should be 1312 meters, so a 5.72943 ratio, different from the other, since, as I said, the angle/range formula is non linear. But your formulas are linear. The non linear part is actually the marks themselves. That means that even if I multiply or divide by any number (such as the zoom level, which might even be 20X, or 15.3X) in your formula, if the marks in my mod were correct, the ratio should be the same. And it's not. Sure the difference is not that great, but people would need to multiply using the next formulas at 6X:
Range = (Target height / Attack Scope "Degrees") x 345 (since 100*5.75/1.66666=345)
Range = (Target height / Obs Scope "Degrees") x 3450
For example:
Range=22.9/9.3*345=849.5, a preety good value when compared to the real 846.45 meters.

But both scopes are correct when used with the AOBF wheel as shown, because the formula is: tan(mark/2)=mast/(2xrange). As you see, the right part of the formula is linear, the left part isn't. This formula is made for linear marks such as mine :P
tan(1.55/2)=22.9/(2*range)
0.0135271=22.9/(2*range)
range=22.9/(2*0.0135271)
range=846.45

What the stadimeter used for angles and what was painted on the lens must've been different in real life, since the AOB finder wheel didn't have a marks dial, but moved with the stadimeter, I agree with that. But I'm not sure I want to remake the OP marks. As it stands now, it's very easy to judge distance for a medium height of 20-30 meters at 6X zoom:
1 "degree"=8000m
2 "degrees"=4000m
4 "degrees"=2000m
6 "degrees"=1500m
8 "degrees"=1000m
I only fire at 000 gyroangle, regardless of target AOB. So range is canceled out. But the AOB might be wrong by as much as 10 degrees at visual observation so entering a rough distance is preety usefull for countering that error.

karamazovnew
09-06-09, 07:17 AM
I might've lost you in my last post so let me underline the important part:

At 6X zoom:
Range = (Target height / Attack Scope "Degrees") x 345
Range = (Target height / Obs Scope "Degrees") x 3450

What frustrates me even now is that the AOBF wheel itself is a bit wrong. In the default position it seems perfect but if you rotate the wheel for a 10x multiplication of the default values, the bottom part of the weel is missaligned :wah:.

karamazovnew
09-07-09, 06:19 AM
When I removed the harbors from the maps I decided to replace the mine map with the distance/speed table. The mine map is still there, I just commented out it's position line. I'll give you full instructions in a few hours, when I can check it.

karamazovnew
09-07-09, 04:09 PM
OK, done and checked. Open the Data\Menu\menu_1024_768.ini file of my mod and add this at the very end of the file.

[G31 I23]
Name=OLC Mines Chart
Type=1026
ItemID=0x31000010
ParentID=0x31000000
Pos=1023,768,1,1424
VertSlide=768

[G31 I24]
Name=OLC Mines Chart
Type=1031
ItemID=0x31000011
ParentID=0x31000010
Pos=-1023,0,1024,656
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=0
Mat 0=data/Menu/OLC/Mines.tga
MatFlags=0x29
TexFmt=0x9
BmpState=1

That's it, now, when you move the mouse to the right of the screen, the mines map will appear in the center of the screen. This would be useless if you don't see the harbours on the map so... go to Data\Menu\cfg\Maps.cfg and change HarborZoom=1 to HarborZoom=500.:salute:

If you want the mines map to be glued to the right side of the screen, photoshop the data/Menu/OLC/Mines.tga file (that file fills the entire screen). If you want the mines to appear when you mouseover at the top of the screen, and the distance chart at the right of the screen (just as in OLC), switch the Mines.tga file and the SpeedTable.tga file (by simply renaming them).

PS... I repeat my request made in post nr. 15. If you want the speed thighie back :D

h.sie
09-30-09, 01:39 PM
hello karamozewnev,

for my personal use I edited Periscope.tga so that now the selected Torpedo tubes are brighter instead of darker than the unselected ones. PM me if you are interested in that tga.

Greetings.
h.sie

karamazovnew
10-01-09, 03:27 PM
I did and I'm waiting for a link :up:.

h.sie
10-02-09, 06:14 AM
you can find it on my mediafire page. I'll delete it after your download.

karamazovnew
10-02-09, 02:26 PM
Done and checked. I've thought of usng the OLC masks too but I was trying to learn a bit from the experience so I took the hard way :haha:. In the interface for SH4 I'll make the numbers separately as labels. Every torpedo button will use the same set of 6 images and the "lit" overlay will no longer have to be transparent :up:

bybyx
10-12-09, 10:07 AM
Hello again.
I have a dilema. It is possible in the attack map screen to have both the old attack map and the current screen that you put. I mean wit a switch to cycle between them. It could be helpful when you set up the FAT torpedoes.
Thanks!

karamazovnew
10-12-09, 11:06 AM
Hello again.
I have a dilema. It is possible in the attack map screen to have both the old attack map and the current screen that you put. I mean wit a switch to cycle between them. It could be helpful when you set up the FAT torpedoes.
Thanks!

:shifty: I repeat, Mikhayl made the attack map look like that, not me. I just played with the background image a bit. I don't know any method to hide it and show the map. However, since you need OLC's Mk2 to use this mod, that means that you can copy the entire G3B section of OLC's menu_1024_768.ini file and paste it over ACM's. Just make sure you replace it completely and not leave any remaining items.

bybyx
10-13-09, 03:40 AM
I see. Well I'll try and see

Kentrat
11-26-09, 05:19 AM
@ Karamazovnew or OLC,

where can I find the 'instruction' that restricts the zoom to a single level please guys? I have a few files that have been extensively modified by myself and don't want to inadvertently overwrite anything! I have had a twiddle with cameras.dat and that has not had any effect: my vision is not what it once was and would like to try having a zoom function on the OLC GUI (accepting that the flat-sea thing will happen) to see if it helps my poor old eyes! Will not be making the mod public, it is purely for my own use!

Regards

karamazovnew
11-27-09, 09:31 AM
@ Karamazovnew or OLC,

where can I find the 'instruction' that restricts the zoom to a single level please guys? I have a few files that have been extensively modified by myself and don't want to inadvertently overwrite anything! I have had a twiddle with cameras.dat and that has not had any effect: my vision is not what it once was and would like to try having a zoom function on the OLC GUI (accepting that the flat-sea thing will happen) to see if it helps my poor old eyes! Will not be making the mod public, it is purely for my own use!

Regards

The cameras have 2 settings that affect zoom, the AngularAngle in the CameraParams node (I suggest you don't mess with that) and the ZoomLevels in the Optical node. You right click on the ZoomLevels item and choose "Add Array Item". OLC uses just one zoom setting, 1X (I think). He modified the Angular angle to make it a "fake" 3X. You can just add a 2X zoom (which will work as a 6X zoom) or 3X (fake 9X). However be advised that the AOB wheel will no longer work correctly, you will have to divide each marks reading by the multiplier. If a ship at fake 6X is 20 marks high, you'll use 10 marks on the AOBF to calculate the range. ACM works the same way but it has 2X and 6X zooms and the AOBF is set for 6X zoom. You can make an aditional 12X zoom and just divide the marks by 2. Or you can also check out Makman94's Manos Gui which (i think) works at 15X zoom :up:. Good luck.

Kentrat
12-01-09, 07:31 AM
Thanks Karamazovnew, will have a little play with this now, as I explained in a post to a couple of other guys I am getting married just over a week away and SH3 has taken a bit of a back seat! Just wanted to say thanks for your advice and help with this, will report back with my findings or cries for help when I have trashed things up....

Regards

Kentrat
12-01-09, 08:26 AM
Hmmm....

I have just had a look in the cameras.dat ( a couple of different versions in fact ) and there are now 3 different zoom levels in there under the periscope optical sections; however, pressing the tab key has no effect in either attack or ob scopes or in the UZO. I've checked the commands_de and commands_en files and zoom should be 'tab' key

[Cmd72]
Name=Cam_zoom_cycle
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x09,,"Tab"

So I can only guess that something in menu_1024_768.ini is altered to prevent zooming?

Is there anything I can look for in this or any other file that could be causing my zoom not to work?

Thanks and best regards

karamazovnew
12-01-09, 08:58 PM
Hmmm....

I have just had a look in the cameras.dat ( a couple of different versions in fact ) and there are now 3 different zoom levels in there under the periscope optical sections; however, pressing the tab key has no effect in either attack or ob scopes or in the UZO. I've checked the commands_de and commands_en files and zoom should be 'tab' key

[Cmd72]
Name=Cam_zoom_cycle
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x09,,"Tab"

So I can only guess that something in menu_1024_768.ini is altered to prevent zooming?

Is there anything I can look for in this or any other file that could be causing my zoom not to work?

Thanks and best regards

What about the mouse wheel? You will not be able to move or zoom when the AOBF is on that's for sure because the mouse mustn't be over any clickable object (which includes some invisible ones). By the way, you did sort the zoom levels right?

[0]=1.5
[1]=6.0
[2]=your value bigger than 6

If all else fails, delete the lowest zoom and stay with just 2 levels of zoom.

Kentrat
12-02-09, 05:33 AM
Hi again Karamazovnew,

:-) I'm starting to lose the will to live here :-( have tried editing out the lowest level of zoom and still the 'scopes and UZO resolutely remain unzoomable; the zoom level has not changed at all alas...... the zoom does work in map view both with mouse wheel and tab, so am thinking that there must be something elsewhere wrong or missing and I am hoping you are able to give me a few ideas where I could look before I pull the plug and scuttle.....

Regards

karamazovnew
12-03-09, 03:04 AM
Hi again Karamazovnew,

:-) I'm starting to lose the will to live here :-( have tried editing out the lowest level of zoom and still the 'scopes and UZO resolutely remain unzoomable; the zoom level has not changed at all alas...... the zoom does work in map view both with mouse wheel and tab, so am thinking that there must be something elsewhere wrong or missing and I am hoping you are able to give me a few ideas where I could look before I pull the plug and scuttle.....

Regards

Uhmm, What's the MAX zoom setting for the cameras? It's also in the Optical node. It's normally set to Min=1, Max=10, I have no idea how it bugs if you go beyond that.

Anyway, I'll make a file for you when I get back home. Note that it will only work with ACM :D. What zoom levels do you want to use for each screen (AP, OP, UZO, Binoculars)? And do you want to use the Free Cam mode by Stormfly?

h.sie
12-03-09, 03:38 AM
try the following: if you make a backup-copy of cameras.dat put it elsewhere BUT NOT it in the library folder. maybe that helps.

this worked for me weeks ago, when I had the same problem.

SH3 seems to read all files in the library folder regardless of the filename, so SH3 would also read in a backup cameras_bak.dat.

75% propability for my statement to be true.

Kentrat
12-03-09, 07:16 AM
Karamazovnew you are a star,and thanks for the offer of a custom-made file, but h.sie has cracked it!

I had a couple of WIP in the Library folder called cameras1.dat and 1cameras.dat and they must have been read by the prog causing that problem, and am happy to advise that i now have my zooms back :salute::salute::salute:

Many thanks for your patience with an old git, speak soon!

Regards

karamazovnew
12-03-09, 06:52 PM
Roger that Ken, I had no idea that can happen :haha:. Thanks h.sie :salute:

h.sie
12-05-09, 11:18 AM
hello karamozenew,

which program did you use for the periscopes marks in acm reloaded?

thanks,
h.sie

karamazovnew
12-06-09, 01:03 AM
Photoshop, as usual. Why? What's wrong with them?

h.sie
12-06-09, 10:14 AM
nothing wrong. I only make some changes for my private use with Paint.NET and they look ugly. but in the meantime I tried gimp2 and it looked much better.

karamozenw, I used your ACM reloaded as basis for some personal changes. would it be okay to publish it? of course with credits to OLC, Mikhayl and you.???

karamazovnew
12-06-09, 10:18 AM
nothing wrong. I only make some changes for my private use with Paint.NET and they look ugly. but in the meantime I tried gimp2 and it looked much better.

karamozenw, I used your ACM reloaded as basis for some personal changes. would it be okay to publish it? of course with credits to OLC, Mikhayl and you.???

Go ahead. Looking forward to seeing them. My contribution was minor anyway. I think I spent less than 1/100 of the time I did on KiUB.

h.sie
12-06-09, 10:45 AM
Thank you.

Uber Gruber
12-11-09, 07:36 AM
@h.sie

tap tap :hmmm:

h.sie
12-11-09, 08:16 AM
Hey UberGruber,

I'm not a native english speaker. what means taptap?

Are you waiting for news regarding my personal version of ACM-GUI?

It's almost done. In the next days there will be a new thread for that.

But don't expect too much, the work of OLC, Mikhayl and karamozenew was already near perfection.

h.sie.

Uber Gruber
12-11-09, 09:58 AM
"Tap tap" is meant to be the sound of a foot tapping impatiently on the floor :D

I agree that the work of OLC, Mikhayl and karamozenew is hard to beat. But I also very interested in seeing what you've put together. :salute:

karamazovnew
01-14-10, 12:48 AM
I've done a tutorial for my SH4 rendition of ACM. 99% of what's there applies to ACM Reloaded too, so feel free to read:

Hope it makes sense.

BTW, other interfaces similar to ACM will also work (H.sie's, Manos).

Magic1111
01-14-10, 02:54 AM
I've done a tutorial for my SH4 rendition of ACM. 99% of what's there applies to ACM Reloaded too, so feel free to read:

Hope it makes sense.

BTW, other interfaces similar to ACM will also work (H.sie's, Manos).

Wow, cool Tutorial ! Thank you ! :up:

Best regards,
Magic

GOZO
01-14-10, 04:21 AM
Very nice tutorial, not at least the graphics.

I also have a general question: In ACM-Reloaded the zoom levels for both scopes are 2/6. So if I understand correctly it is only the 6x zoom that is calibrated to the AOB-wheel when doing distance measuring?

Cheers

GOZO

karamazovnew
01-14-10, 01:27 PM
Very nice tutorial, not at least the graphics.

I also have a general question: In ACM-Reloaded the zoom levels for both scopes are 2/6. So if I understand correctly it is only the 6x zoom that is calibrated to the AOB-wheel when doing distance measuring?

Cheers

GOZO

Thanks Gozo. The graphics weren't made for the tutorial tho.. that's how KiUB looks like in the game :D

Yes, only at 6X zoom. To work with the AOBF with 2X zoom readings (on very close ships that are too big), just multiply all values by 3 (6 divided by 2). So..
For height, when calculating range:
- say you're using 2X zoom and a ship is 3.2 marks high. Mentally multiply by 3, which gives you 9.6 and use it normally (align with the top wedge)
For length, when calculating the AOB:
- if a ship is 15 marks long at 2X zoom then it will be 45 marks long at 6X zoom. So you won't find the AOB value next to the 15 mark, you'll find it under 45.

In KiUB the zoom levels are 1.5X and 6X so you multiply by 4 (6 divided by 1.5).
The AOBF in KiUB also has an additional black wedge that is positioned in such a way that it "divides" the value under the top wedge by 4. IF you line up say... 2.9 with the bottom wedge, you'll see a value of 2.9*4=11.6 under the top wedge. The AOBF in ACM doesn't.

Schultz
01-14-10, 02:17 PM
It works, thx

GOZO
01-15-10, 05:32 AM
Thanks Gozo. The graphics weren't made for the tutorial tho.. that's how KiUB looks like in the game :D

Yes, only at 6X zoom. To work with the AOBF with 2X zoom readings (on very close ships that are too big), just multiply all values by 3 (6 divided by 2). So..
For height, when calculating range:
- say you're using 2X zoom and a ship is 3.2 marks high. Mentally multiply by 3, which gives you 9.6 and use it normally (align with the top wedge)
For length, when calculating the AOB:
- if a ship is 15 marks long at 2X zoom then it will be 45 marks long at 6X zoom. So you won't find the AOB value next to the 15 mark, you'll find it under 45.

In KiUB the zoom levels are 1.5X and 6X so you multiply by 4 (6 divided by 1.5).
The AOBF in KiUB also has an additional black wedge that is positioned in such a way that it "divides" the value under the top wedge by 4. IF you line up say... 2.9 with the bottom wedge, you'll see a value of 2.9*4=11.6 under the top wedge. The AOBF in ACM doesn't.

Great! Thanks alot.:salute:

The use of these tools is soo rewarding and the OLC/ACM-approach is really immersive. After a while you really learn to appreciate it!!!:yeah:

(Later I even can have DD:s OH-mod to work as well. I have made a small camera fix for "ACM reloaded" that works fine but SH3 cmndr is still bugging me so I am making a fresh install and see if I can get it correct:03:)

Cheers

GOZO

LTD1
02-05-10, 02:42 AM
Hello! Great mod.

After installing ACM Reloaded I seem to have lost sound contact traces on nav map.
Is this a feature? Or some strange conflict with another mod perhaps?
Is there any easy way to restore em?

karamazovnew
02-05-10, 03:25 AM
Hello! Great mod.

After installing ACM Reloaded I seem to have lost sound contact traces on nav map.
Is this a feature? Or some strange conflict with another mod perhaps?
Is there any easy way to restore em?

Hmm. I don't remember deleting the sonar trails. I always use "No map contacts" so I might be wrong.
Put this on top of ACM. I use it too, it increases the zoom level, shows ports, colored contact icons, harbors, a sub overlay and so on.

http://www.filefront.com/14426793/ACM-Lite-Map.zip/

vergol
03-01-10, 01:13 AM
Any suggestions on how to make this mod compatible with the newly-released FM_NewInterior?

karamazovnew
03-01-10, 05:04 AM
Any suggestions on how to make this mod compatible with the newly-released FM_NewInterior?

All the Periscopes must be the same. Attack Peri, Uzo, Obs Scope, Binoculars. That's all. I haven't played sh3 for a while, but I'll try this mod and release a patch.

vergol
03-01-10, 06:45 AM
All the Periscopes must be the same. Attack Peri, Uzo, Obs Scope, Binoculars. That's all. I haven't played sh3 for a while, but I'll try this mod and release a patch.

You're my hero! :yeah:

karamazovnew
03-02-10, 02:45 PM
This is a camera fix for FlakMonkey's New Interior mod.

Download link: http://www.filefront.com/15723605/FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded.zip

Order of needed mods:

GWX3.0
OLC 'Gold' MkIIc ~ Option 2 OR Option 4 preffered
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ MkIId Update (Enable After MkIIc)
ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
FM_NI_Fix_for_OLC_GUI_001
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded
ACM Lite Map (completely optional)

Warning: I have encountered a big bug when I use the NewInterior mod. My binoculars screen goes wild and I can't make out anything. It has nothing to do with the ACM interface or this fix. It might only happen to me because of drivers, resolution or operating system. If this happens to you too, go for h.sie's variant of ACM or Makman's Manos GUI.

vergol
03-02-10, 07:41 PM
Your patch fixed the scopes as well as the camera movements. :up:

Binoculars are indeed messed up. It's like they take a snapshot in the direction you're looking and overlay it over every other direction you pan to. Weird; first time I've seen something like this.

There are also a select few buttons on the bottom-center panel that are no longer functional. Specifically: switching to the observation scope via the interface, the mini 'switch to UZO' button, the radio messages button, and the captain's log button.

These are the first things I've noticed, there may be more. I'll keep looking.

Thanks once again.

EDIT: Two major problems: Manual manipulation of the TDC dials on the right side of the attack scope doesn't work. Same for the UZO. They are all non-responsive. In addition, I can't rotate AoB Finder Wheel or any of its parts.

Buck_O
03-02-10, 11:14 PM
This is a camera fix for FlakMonkey's New Interior mod.

Download link: http://www.filefront.com/15723605/FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded.zip

Order of needed mods:

GWX3.0
FM_NewInterior_V1.0
FM_NI_Fix_for_OLC_GUI_001

Warning: I have encountered a big bug when I use the NewInterior mod. My binoculars screen goes wild and I can't make out anything. It has nothing to do with the ACM interface or this fix. It might only happen to me because of drivers, resolution or operating system. If this happens to you too, go for h.sie's variant of ACM or Makman's Manos GUI.

Karamazov

What about these mods, is this the order I should install?

GWX3.0
OLC Gold MkIId
Anvart Dafant Subflag 2010
Anvart FM30_Updown_final
DD OH v3.09
DD OH v3.09_fix_for_OLC_GUI_001
DD OH v3.09_fix_for_Anvart_FM30_Updown

karamazovnew
03-03-10, 04:45 AM
Your patch fixed the scopes as well as the camera movements. :up:

Binoculars are indeed messed up. It's like they take a snapshot in the direction you're looking and overlay it over every other direction you pan to. Weird; first time I've seen something like this.

There are also a select few buttons on the bottom-center panel that are no longer functional. Specifically: switching to the observation scope via the interface, the mini 'switch to UZO' button, the radio messages button, and the captain's log button.

These are the first things I've noticed, there may be more. I'll keep looking.

Thanks once again.

EDIT: Two major problems: Manual manipulation of the TDC dials on the right side of the attack scope doesn't work. Same for the UZO. They are all non-responsive. In addition, I can't rotate AoB Finder Wheel or any of its parts.

That was because you didn't also include the OLC fix. But I realized a way to fix the binocs thing. The only downside is that the camera will move more rapidly when using the binocs.

Download from here:
http://www.filefront.com/15728489/FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded.zip

Required mode Order:

GWX3.0
FM_NewInterior_V1.0

NOTE: the OLC fix is no longer required. :salute:

karamazovnew
03-03-10, 04:49 AM
Karamazov

What about these mods, is this the order I should install?

GWX3.0
OLC Gold MkIId
Anvart Dafant Subflag 2010
Anvart FM30_Updown_final
DD OH v3.09
DD OH v3.09_fix_for_OLC_GUI_001
DD OH v3.09_fix_for_Anvart_FM30_Updown

Uhmm... I didn't make a fix for DDOH. I've never tried it alone since it's included in New Interiors.

vergol
03-03-10, 05:48 PM
That was because you didn't also include the OLC fix.

Yep, I think I need glasses. I got your updated fix just now and sunk a coastal freighter with well-aimed torpedo -- so it all works. :up:

I appreciate all your hard work.

vergol
03-06-10, 12:26 AM
Seems I can't zoom in with my flack/deck guns. Mouse wheel used to do the trick, but doesn't work since FM_NI. That's with the new fix.

Normally I prefer to have my crew work those guns, so it's not a big deal for me. But I just wanted to point that out for future fixes.

karamazovnew
03-06-10, 06:14 AM
Seems I can't zoom in with my flack/deck guns. Mouse wheel used to do the trick, but doesn't work since FM_NI. That's with the new fix.

Normally I prefer to have my crew work those guns, so it's not a big deal for me. But I just wanted to point that out for future fixes.

Well, I did assume that the original files were correct :haha:. Since I only cared about the periscopes, I didn't check the deck gun :D. I'll update the fix a bit later. When I use my deck gun I usually go in at very close range 500m or so. This makes very quick work of any ship and the hits seem to be more powerful.

nemo7
05-18-10, 02:37 AM
Ahoy mate!

I am a big (I mean BIG) fan of your GUI and I wonder if there is a chance to make it widescreen.

Have a great day.:salute:

karamazovnew
05-18-10, 02:35 PM
Ahoy mate!

I am a big (I mean BIG) fan of your GUI and I wonder if there is a chance to make it widescreen.

Have a great day.:salute:

I have a 24 inch 1920*1200 monitor. Luckily it has a setting to stretch the image based on constant ratio, so it's always straight but with black bands on the side. I've played the game like this for more than one year with this interface. To be honest, it's not worth the time to replace all items. And I don't even have that time :wah: with exams and a 4 month work trip coming soon.

Bosje
05-26-10, 05:25 AM
bloody hell, i dont know why i only just now stumbled across this mod, but it is the answer to all my OLC issues (not enough zoom) and I just love the combination with the free cam and the 'easier' map

loaded up my old IXC career and we're off on a long and probably eventful trip to the Bahamas

kudos man, this is excellent stuff!

Bosje :salute:

crisi
07-20-10, 08:12 AM
Hy,

it's possible to use the mods:
1. GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
2. Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
3. DD_OH_V3.09_20091209162038
now or in future?

I'm using "OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI with LRT" with "ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII". The mod "Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71" will overrite a lot of dat files like "Zones.cfg, library\Materials.dat and particles.dat".
Same like GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010 with a lot of other files.

karamazovnew
07-20-10, 11:11 AM
Hy,

now or in future?

I'm using "OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI with LRT" with "ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII". The mod "Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71" will overrite a lot of dat files like "Zones.cfg, library\Materials.dat and particles.dat".

ACM is just an interface mod so it can't be affected by those. DD_OH might, just make sure to put it before ACM to allow ACM to overwrite the cameras.dat file. You'd better check the OLC thread for the rest :up:

Darkseed
08-08-10, 04:26 PM
I really love your mod but why did you remove the question mark button on the navigation screen? Without it I can't see the disc with degrees on it (the one that is enabled for both the circle and line tools) which makes it difficult plotting an intercept course.

The draggable disc doesn't help much since it's not possible to plot things on top of it. Could you tell me how to add it, please?

karamazovnew
08-09-10, 10:07 AM
I really love your mod but why did you remove the question mark button on the navigation screen? Without it I can't see the disc with degrees on it (the one that is enabled for both the circle and line tools) which makes it difficult plotting an intercept course.

The draggable disc doesn't help much since it's not possible to plot things on top of it. Could you tell me how to add it, please?

That's strange, I don't recall ever removing either the question mark. And yeah, plotting without the disk would be impossible, that's why I enhanced it, not removed it :hmmm:

Darkseed
08-09-10, 01:30 PM
Well I removed all my mods and readded them one by one and it appears that it's OLC Gold that removes the question mark and therefore the possibility to use the disc with the protractor.

Funny thing is that I remember having it a year ago or so when I was using OLC and not ACM that's why I naturally assumed it was your mod that removed it. Sorry about that, mate.

I guess I should ask how to get it back in the OLC thread instead but since I'm already here do you think I could trouble you with this? That's assuming you know how.

karamazovnew
08-09-10, 06:53 PM
Well, the protractor is taken from the files in Data\Menu\MouseCurs, those are just fine. The question mark can be forced to show again by doing this:

Go to Menu_1024_768.ini file and look for this item:

[G31 I4]
Name=Help
Type=1033;Check box
ItemID=0x311A000A
ParentID=0x311A0000
Pos=370,-200,40,40;370,-1,40,40
etc.etc.

edit the Pos line by deleting the stuff before the semicolon so that it looks like this:
Pos=370,-1,40,40

and tell me if it worked.

But what I don't understand is why I never had to use that button, as the plotter always showed by default. Are you absolutely sure you installed both 1.4 patch and GWX before OLC?

Darkseed
08-09-10, 07:42 PM
It worked! Thanks a lot!:yeah:

Yes I'm very sure that I've installed them in the correct order. I've always had to use the question mark button to show the disc for the protractor on previous installations but back then OLC didn't remove the button for some reason.

Anyway, thanks for the help and your great mod!

von faust
03-12-11, 07:18 AM
Download links
- GWX3.0
- etc

- GWX3.0
- etc
- FM_NewInterior_V1.0

It's possible use simultaneously Flakmonkey's New Interior and Stormfly's Free camera ?

In what order ?
Is correct this ?
- GWX3.0
- etc
- FM_NewInterior_V1.0

von faust
03-12-11, 12:45 PM
Hi,
I have acctivated this mods but I have some visualizations problem, have You any idea ?

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/9122/16212675.png

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/442/02olc.jpg

http://img858.imageshack.us/img858/1787/03obs.png
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/503/04att.png

Frontier359
03-12-11, 05:04 PM
The ACM Reloaded GUI was never designed with wide-screen in mind. That is why you're seeing all those scope shifts and visual screw-ups. Set it back to a full-screen (4:3) resolution and things should return to normal.

Alternatively, if you cannot part with wide-screen, there are GUIs specifically designed for it. MaGui Widescreen is one example.

von faust
03-17-11, 10:17 AM
The ACM Reloaded GUI was never designed with wide-screen in mind. That is why you're seeing all those scope shifts and visual screw-ups. Set it back to a full-screen (4:3) resolution and things should return to normal.

Alternatively, if you cannot part with wide-screen, there are GUIs specifically designed for it. MaGui Widescreen is one example.

Thanks Frontier359 (I'm watching all Your video on Youtube, fantastic !!! :yeah:).
I have solved all problem but remains one, if I try to activate TMT mod the game CTD :hmmm:

- Thomsen sound pack v3.2 cg
- GWX VIIc41 Player Sub
- OLC 'Gold' MkIIc ~ Option 4
(Exclude for problem) TMT mod (any variant, any position, highly recommended)
- FM_NewInterior_V1.0

My intention was copy Your configuration but if I add other mod I have many crash
The list was this
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6592/modk.png

Frontier359
03-17-11, 03:47 PM
Not all PCs are created equal. My mod list is more of a guide than a guarantee of stability.

I would suggest several things:

1) Remove any non-essential mods, one at a time. This will pinpoint the specific mod(s) causing your CTD.

2) Make sure you're making these mod changes while in port. The game doesn't like when you swap out mods mid-patrol.

3) FN_NewInterior is a resource-demanding mod. It is mostly eye-candy, so turning it off will improve stability/performance.

3) Try removing 'Mid-Patrol Radio Orders'. I've had this mod enabled for quite a while but haven't discovered what it actually does. I would have removed it by now but I'm just being lazy.

5) Thomsen's Sound Pack comes in three parts: 3 , 3.1 , and 3.2 . The first is the main mod, while the decimals are minor additions. You need all three for it to work correctly (unless you've already combined them manually for convenience).

6) I think I'm using an older version of TMT+ThomsensShips. I'm not sure what 'Xtra Ships' does, but you could try looking for and installing version 4.2.

That's all I could think of off the top of my head. Suggestions 1 and 2 will likely do you the most good. It's all 'trial and error'; took me months to iron-out my own mod list. And even if you are forced to deactivate something, trust me, you'll still have a great SH3 experience.

Good luck.

SixCylSamurai
09-23-11, 04:18 PM
Im looking for active links to download some of those mods. I'm still looking for ACM Reloaded for OLC Gold MkII, ACM Lite Map, FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded.

Fish In The Water
09-23-11, 06:47 PM
Im looking for active links to download some of those mods. I'm still looking for ACM Reloaded for OLC Gold MkII, ACM Lite Map, FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded.

You should be able to get them here:

ftp://Maik@hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_2/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/KARAMAZOVNEW/

Username: Maik
Password: Woelfe

Good luck and enjoy! :sunny:

karamazovnew
09-24-11, 03:10 AM
You should be able to get them here:

ftp://Maik@hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Volume_2/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/KARAMAZOVNEW/

Username: Maik
Password: Woelfe

Good luck and enjoy! :sunny:

Hmm, old links don't work anymore. Stupid FileFront deleted my files. Fish, would you please PM Neal and upload those files to the Subsim downloads section? Even I don't have them anymore (I have a merged version). Much appreciated :salute:

Fish In The Water
09-24-11, 03:08 PM
Hmm, old links don't work anymore. Stupid FileFront deleted my files. Fish, would you please PM Neal and upload those files to the Subsim downloads section? Even I don't have them anymore (I have a merged version). Much appreciated :salute:

Will do, pm is on the way! :sunny:

Fish In The Water
09-27-11, 06:54 PM
Fish, would you please PM Neal and upload those files to the Subsim downloads section? Even I don't have them anymore (I have a merged version). Much appreciated :salute:

Main mod is now uploaded and available here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3386

I'm a bit busy ATM, but I'll get to the others shortly. :sunny:

Fish In The Water
09-28-11, 02:39 AM
^^^ All up as promised... :DL

P.S. I hope you don't mind, but I combined the three optional mods into a single archive. They're still intact in their original form but this way it's easier to keep them together, plus - they're a little more user friendly. :03:

All combined they're still under 2 MB's, so even if some folks don't use them all there won't be much in the way of wasted bandwidth.

The link for the optional add-ons is right about here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=3387

Enjoy! :sunny:

Luno
05-04-13, 04:26 AM
Hy,

now or in future?

I'm fiddling around with this now, and it looks like GWX flags and pennants mod changes a control binding which makes it impossible to set the gyroangle and range on the TDC :(

I wonder if there is a fix, as I would really love both mods.

Also, how do I get the harbor maps, but nothing else from the "Lite map" fix?

EDIT - AAaaand, I got it to work. (Once again, I am too quick to ask, before trying myself) I will post the changes later if anyone is interested, but it was a simple job. Still need to work on the harbor fix.

EDIT 2 - Aaand, it's not working again :hmmm: Can't seem to raise the DF loop or pennants now, but the flag is working fine.

Edit 3 - Finally got them to work, but the DF loop is bound with the pennant control, and I had to change the basic key bindings for them in the .dats and configs.

Luno
05-07-13, 05:13 PM
It's me again. I'm doing more fiddling to this great mod to tweak it more to my taste.

I want to move the binocular degree marker from the middle to the bottom. I assume this is governed by the menu.ini file, but I don't understand how it works.

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/SH3Img7-5-2013_1512_394_zps58d9b73e.png (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/rboiko1/media/SH3Img7-5-2013_1512_394_zps58d9b73e.png.html)

I also want to use a custom reticule for the UZO. However, a different one appears underneath mine. I can't find the .tga file that matches the one in the image. Can anyone help me find it, or perhaps make it invisible? The UZO should have a simple cross, no tick marks.

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/SH3Img7-5-2013_145843_563_zps9399ae32.png (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/rboiko1/media/SH3Img7-5-2013_145843_563_zps9399ae32.png.html)

And here is the deck gun screen I made by modifying some things from this very mod:

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae325/rboiko1/SH3Img7-5-2013_1501_633_zps3a849127.png (http://s984.photobucket.com/user/rboiko1/media/SH3Img7-5-2013_1501_633_zps3a849127.png.html)

I need to adjust the edge blur a bit. It's too heavy in comparison to the others :dead:.

I would greatly appreciate the help!

Luno
05-11-13, 01:50 AM
I was able to get the binocular heading indicator to my liking, tucked away at the bottom so it's not obtrusive.

I still can't figure out the UZO though. I can't find the location of those tick marks anywhere, and they don't appear to show up in the menu_1024_768.ini

So, uh...bump!

Celticmarine10
06-12-13, 03:59 PM
Hey I've the original ACM mod on from 2008 - with the core ACM and dark shade ACM.
How does the reloaded install? In the JSGME I have it installed separately, with the originals enabled.
The same question for the Nav Map 'Lite'?
Thanks!

SoCalUboat
07-17-13, 07:06 PM
Download links

Main mod, version 1.1 (3 September 2009): http://www.filefront.com/14452675/ACM%20Reloaded%20for%20OLC%20%27Gold%27%20MkII.zip

ACM Lite Map: http://www.filefront.com/14426793/ACM-Lite-Map.zip/[/B]

Compatibility file for Stormfly's Extended Free Camera mod: http://www.filefront.com/14427985/Wide%20FOV%20for%20Extended%20FreeCam%201.2.zip

Compatibility file for FlakMonkey's New Interior mod: http://www.filefront.com/15728489/FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded.zip

Tutorials:
A comprehensive tutorial that works for all ACM type GUIs (including Manos GUI). Just ignore the pics themselves and focus on the dials that were used.
Quick Tutorial on how to use AOBF in ACM: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1139690&postcount=191

To install, respect the following mod orders (the files that you can download from the above links are listed yellow):

Basic Setup:
- GWX3.0
- etc

- GWX3.0
- etc

- GWX3.0
- etc
- FM_NewInterior_V1.0

Change log:
V1.1:
- Torpedo Tubes buttons and Water Level Dial cleaned up
- Small increase of clip distance on Binocular View
- Updated mini recognition manual with TMT v2 values
- Updated some zoom levels to correspond with the ones in the Wide Fov file. However, I still recommend using Stormfly's mod (just remember to put the Wide FOV fix after it, in case you do).

History
ACM (Another Combi Mod) was made by Mikhayl. It's last version was 1.1 and was completed on 29 November 2008 (I think). His original thread is here LINK (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=144855). It is a combination of an older OLC Env+Gui, with a TDC on the attack periscope screen, and other features. If this is the first time you've heard about ACM, it's advisable to read that entire thread.

While using this interface, over the months I have added my own modifications to it, for personal use, by including new textures and more precise optics and AOB finder. After a while I posted them on the ACM thread as "ACM Reloaded", a small size upgrade for ACM 1.1. However, after the ACM download link broke and OLC published a new version of his interface and environment, I decided to trim down unnecesary files and make an ugrade version for OLC Mk2d. The current version is only 49 MB and contains all the features made by Mikhayl, and my own modifications. This merge was only made and tested with the LRT versions of OLC's GUI (Option 2 and Option 4).

Screenshots and features

Since this is a simplification and rewiring of an upgrade of a combination of an interface mod (:doh:), a feature list might be impractical. I can only list what I have done. You can find the complete of my features and screenshots on this LINK (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1139675&postcount=190). It is the 190'th post on the ACM main thread. Please read that post carefully, as it also explains how to customise the color of the periscope lenses plus other things. Post nr. 191 explains how to use the AOB finder wheel in detail. On the same thread you can find how to add a draggable chronometer and even why I decided to start a new thread altogether for this download :O:.

Comments:

1. What's ACM Lite Map: well I got a bit overboard when changing the map settings and made this a bit too hard. ACM Lite map not only reenables Harbors on the map but also brings back overlays of the sub, colored map contacts and speed trails (on lower diff levels ofc). I personally use it so...

2. What about OLC GUI Options 1 and 3 without Longer Repair Times? You can use those, but you might get minor unexpected results. My pack contains the files "Commands_de.cgf, Commands_en.cfg, de_menu.txt and en_menu.txt", based on the ones in the LRT versions. You're free to Winmerge them with the non-LRT versions.

3. A known issue: because of the way the OLC 50% grey items work in ACM, you will see graphical issues in the Mission Orders, the Captain's log and the Radio Messages screens. Believe me, there is nothing I can do about them except remake about 100 textures. :damn:

4. Make sure to get Stormfly's latest Extended Free Camera mod found HERE (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154643). His mod is based on the original ACM so it's well compatible with ACM Reloaded (except for the UZO zoom which is 6.637 in my mod). However I liked to have a wider FOV in the interior screens so I've made an optional for his mod. It also smooths the Conning Periscope Camera, and the deck crew are now visible through the binoculars, so you need to move around to see the ships. You can find the file here: http://www.filefront.com/14427985/Wide%20FOV%20for%20Extended%20FreeCam%201.2.zip. Remember to put it after Stormfly's mod (which must also be put above ACM Reloaded).

5. Compatibility with other mods: altough this mod is made up almost only of image files, those few text files (*.ini, *.dat and*.cfg files) are deadly important. Always make that sure that you don't overwrite them.

6. If you're already an OLC gui user, please note that you will loose the fixed zoom level for the scopes. That means that you'll loose the wave effect that OLC has achieved in those screens.

Now for thanks.
First of all a big thanks to OLC, Hitman and Joegrundman which revolutionised the way we think about the SH interface. Altough I have opted to use the ACM gui instead, I never forget that at it's core, ACM contains 90% of OLC's gui :salute:.
Then a big thanks to Nicolas which proved how usefull it is to have the TDC on the Attack Periscope screen (with autoupdate on :rock:). Just in case you've missed it, here's why:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151431. By the way, can any moderator change it's name to coincide with the title of the first post? Please?
Thanks Makman for all your work with TMT and your support in my efforts :arrgh!:.
And last but not least (actually I should've placed you first), thanks Mikhayl for bringing it in one imba package :up: can you give me a link that works please for the fm newinterior compatibilaty mod thx

happy hunting u 48:subsim:

Delta Wolf
01-08-14, 04:11 AM
Hey Guys, :salute:

Really love this mod, just wanted to know if its possible to remove the color filters on the scopes?

Does anyone know how to do this?

radcapricorn
01-09-14, 04:02 AM
Method 1:

Rename/remove/replace with transparent tga two files data/menu/lenses/{per,obs}_filter.tga. EDIT: come to think of it, removing the files may have adverse effects. I can't test it right now, but on a hindsight this may make your periscope view rather unusable, so it'd be better to either replace them with some fully transparent image, or just use the next method.

Method 2:

Open data/menu/menu_1024_768.ini in your preferred text editor and do a search for per_filter.tga. You should find something like this:

[G26 I177]
Name=Karamazov's Filter
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x0x26123461
ParentID=0x26000000
Pos=0,768,1024,768
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/Lenses/per_filter.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x21
TexFmt=0x9

In my stored copy of ACM Reloaded it's item [G26 I177]. I don't know if my version is the same as yours, so item number may be different. In any case, in that item, there's an entry Color=0xFFFFFFFF. Change it to Color=0xFFFFFF00. That'll make the item fully transparent :)
Repeat for obs_filter.tga (for me it's item [G2B I118]).

Regardless of the method you choose, I'd advise you to do it on the mod side: either uninstall ACM Reloaded, do the changes to the mod itself and then install it again, or just make another mod. This way you won't have to repeat the steps whenever you uninstall/reinstall/change your mods.

To make a mod that just removes the two files, create a folder in your MODS folder, say 'MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters'. Inside that folder, create path data/menu/lenses. In that lenses folder, create two empty files, call them per_filter.tga-remove and obs_filter.tga-remove (make sure your extensions are correct). So it'll look something like this:

MODS
ACM Reloaded Remove Filters
data
menu
lenses
per_filter.tga-remove
obs_filter.tga-remove

Similarly you can make the mod that alters the menu_1024_786.ini file, only instead of making '-remove' files you'd just place your edited menu_1024_768.ini into MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters/data/menu folder.

That's about it. Installing this mod any time after ACM Reloaded will make those filters go away.

Happy hunting :salute:

Delta Wolf
01-09-14, 06:30 AM
Method 1:

Rename/remove/replace with transparent tga two files data/menu/lenses/{per,obs}_filter.tga. EDIT: come to think of it, removing the files may have adverse effects. I can't test it right now, but on a hindsight this may make your periscope view rather unusable, so it'd be better to either replace them with some fully transparent image, or just use the next method.

Method 2:

Open data/menu/menu_1024_768.ini in your preferred text editor and do a search for per_filter.tga. You should find something like this:

[G26 I177]
Name=Karamazov's Filter
Type=1030;Static bmp
ItemID=0x0x26123461
ParentID=0x26000000
Pos=0,768,1024,768
Color=0xFFFFFFFF
Materials=1
Display=2;Linear
Mat 0=data/menu/Lenses/per_filter.tga
Crop 0=0,0,1,1
MatFlags=0x21
TexFmt=0x9

In my stored copy of ACM Reloaded it's item [G26 I177]. I don't know if my version is the same as yours, so item number may be different. In any case, in that item, there's an entry Color=0xFFFFFFFF. Change it to Color=0xFFFFFF00. That'll make the item fully transparent :)
Repeat for obs_filter.tga (for me it's item [G2B I118]).

Regardless of the method you choose, I'd advise you to do it on the mod side: either uninstall ACM Reloaded, do the changes to the mod itself and then install it again, or just make another mod. This way you won't have to repeat the steps whenever you uninstall/reinstall/change your mods.

To make a mod that just removes the two files, create a folder in your MODS folder, say 'MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters'. Inside that folder, create path data/menu/lenses. In that lenses folder, create two empty files, call them per_filter.tga-remove and obs_filter.tga-remove (make sure your extensions are correct). So it'll look something like this:

MODS
ACM Reloaded Remove Filters
data
menu
lenses
per_filter.tga-remove
obs_filter.tga-remove

Similarly you can make the mod that alters the menu_1024_786.ini file, only instead of making '-remove' files you'd just place your edited menu_1024_768.ini into MODS/ACM Reloaded Remove Filters/data/menu folder.

That's about it. Installing this mod any time after ACM Reloaded will make those filters go away.

Happy hunting :salute:

Hey radcapricorn,

Thanks for taking the time to share this info, i will give it a try over the weekend :up:

paromi
03-14-14, 07:39 AM
I,m Searching the Web for some Tutorials but i Cant find any... The Links for ACM Reloaded Tutorials are Down.... I hope someone can help me ,,, Thanks

Pisces
03-14-14, 03:05 PM
Does the 2nd (tutorial) link in the 1st message not suffice?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1139690&postcount=191

I know it is short, but I don't have that mod. So the tutorial videos neither. (or whatever is in that Manual-Targeting.zip on File-Front) But some of those tools are based upon other mods like OLCs GUI, or Makman's GUI mod. So tutorials for those might also apply (with a little grain of salt in exact 'how to...' execution).

steevo45
03-18-14, 07:43 AM
I'm going to install OLC Gold mk2 and after ALC reloaded but where can I download the OLC Gold mk 2 update which I suppose is necessary. Can't see it on the downloads section.
Help much appreciated!

Plissken_04
03-18-14, 09:53 AM
I'm going to install OLC Gold mk2 and after ALC reloaded but where can I download the OLC Gold mk 2 update which I suppose is necessary. Can't see it on the downloads section.
Help much appreciated!

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ONELIFECRISIS/OLC_Gold_MkIId_Update.rar

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik

jscharpf
04-05-14, 08:31 AM
Hi everyone. I just decided to start a new campaign using mods from one of my favorite YouTube LetsPlay (Frontier..) personalities.
This brought me to here so this is my list of mods (everything works fine).

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX 3 Wilhemshafen,St Naz,Schluese and xtra ships V6
GWX_DFa-Flag&Pens_2010
Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2cg
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Option 4 ~ Environment with EDE and GUI with LRT
FM_NewInterior v2.1D
OLC 'Gold' MkII ~ Flat Sun Fix
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
TMTv2+ThomsensShips v4.4 for GWX3+Xtra ships

I love the OLC dials and I'm not sure if it's ACM or TMT that changes the dial from the little scratch marks to what looks like a pointer (pretty cool).. and the map is very challenging.. (no pictures of docks, limited zoom).. I'm thinking it must be more realistic.. because I don't think the sub commanders had little icons driving around the map with tails..

Anway.. the one question I had was that notice when I go to the TDC map.. the TDC takes up the entire screen, so there is no longer a map showing what the projected torpedo path will be. I just want to make sure this is how it was intended.. It really makes it challenging but if that's more realistic then I'll take it!!

I really found with these mods that I have to think a bit more, be more patient, plan better, etc.. it is very fun and challenging!

Well, off to my little IIA !

Jeff

Hrafn
10-23-14, 08:57 PM
Hej! Do you have any alive links for that?

ACM Lite Map
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded (is this fix FMNI2?)

Thnx

Plissken_04
10-23-14, 11:33 PM
Hej! Do you have any alive links for that?

ACM Lite Map
FM_NI_Fix_for_ACM_Reloaded (is this fix FMNI2?)

Thnx

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/KARAMAZOVNEW/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik

Piojo
01-11-16, 09:23 AM
Would like some working links as well for ACM Reloaded for OLC 'Gold' MkII
and ACM Lite Map. Just like with olc nothing seems to work. Someone was kind enough to help me out with that though.

Leoz
08-25-18, 09:43 PM
A fun mod setup.

Firing this up today after doing some pc repair.

:Kaleun_Salute: