PDA

View Full Version : TMO 1.7 won't load

VonGlaus
08-18-09, 06:57 PM
Short version: Loaded TMO 1.7 over what I think is a clean install of 1.5, JSGME says it loaded correctly, but when I fire up the game, still get stock.

Long version: I completed my 10th patrol under 1.63, decided to get current. I unloaded all previous mods, and fired up the game to make sure it still played in stock. Then I installed:

TMO 1.7
Radar hotfix
Binoc fix

Fired up the game and still was bone stock. Tried a couple different things. No change.

Uninstalled SH4 completely. It even took JSGME away. While I was at it, I defragged the drive and cleaned up. Then installed SH4 off the disc (1.5). Game played in stock configuration. Re-installed JSGME and the same mods as above.

Game still is bone stock. JSGME says the mod is enabled. What else can I do?

FIREWALL
08-18-09, 07:07 PM
Rare back and kick the MoFo. :haha:

Did you remove it from registry ?

VonGlaus
08-18-09, 08:47 PM
Rare back and kick the MoFo. :haha:

Did you remove it from registry ?

Nope.

I have a dim memory of a 'this is how to re-install' post, but my search-fu is weak, and I could not find it.

So, I missed a step, right?:damn:

Edit: Found http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133290&highlight=registry , gonna try it now. Wish me luck.

VonGlaus
08-18-09, 10:03 PM
Nope.

I have a dim memory of a 'this is how to re-install' post, but my search-fu is weak, and I could not find it.

So, I missed a step, right?:damn:

Edit: Found http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133290&highlight=registry , gonna try it now. Wish me luck.

Nope, that didn't work. Found no entries left in the registry. I'm lost now. Stuck with the stock game only.

Armistead
08-19-09, 08:36 PM
I think your just doing a step wrong. Where is your mod's folder placed?
Just sounds like it's in the wrong place and not being activated. You did
install it inside the game folder. Did you activate jsgme inside the game folder to create a mod folder?

Usually if jsgme is saying it loaded properly, it's in the wrong place. Almost always when this happens people are either loading mods outside of the game folder or trying to operate it inside the data folder.
You should see your mod's folder beside all the many game folders, such as data, ect.

VonGlaus
08-19-09, 11:20 PM
I think your just doing a step wrong. Where is your mod's folder placed?
Just sounds like it's in the wrong place and not being activated. You did
install it inside the game folder. Did you activate jsgme inside the game folder to create a mod folder?

Usually if jsgme is saying it loaded properly, it's in the wrong place. Almost always when this happens people are either loading mods outside of the game folder or trying to operate it inside the data folder.
You should see your mod's folder beside all the many game folders, such as data, ect.

JSGME is in the main folder, along with the MODS folder. When I installed GME, it activated the MODS folder. However, before installing JSGME I had already copied the MODS folder into the directory from where I had copied it.

I'm at work tonight, tomorrow I'll try re-installing again, letting JSGME create the folder, then copy the mods in.

VonGlaus
08-20-09, 07:57 PM
This is getting ridiculous!

I did these steps today:
-unloaded all mods
-uninstalled SH4
-deleted anything I could find on the computer related to Ubisoft (even my precious SH3 files that I never use any more)
-ran regedit and deleted everything that said ubisoft
-tried to uninstall gameshadow but it had no option
-rebooted
-installed SH4 stock, started a mission, it worked
-rebooted
-installed JSGME, into SH4 root folder
-let JSGME create MODS folder
-copied TMO 1.7 into MODS folder
-used JSGME to activate 1.7
-rebooted again
-fired up SH4 - Yup, still bone stock!

I never had any problems with 1.62, 1.63, etc. Any mod before, no problems. I'm sure it's the one tiny yet ultra-important step I'm missing.

Anybody? Plain-Jane SH4 sucks.

P.S. I wonder if RFB will load?

Silverwolf
08-20-09, 08:46 PM
Hmm, did you make sure you don't have two TMO mod folders when you extracted it. For example: TMO 1.7/TMO 1.7/Data if it looks like that then that could be the problem. If not then TMO doesn't like you.

VonGlaus
08-21-09, 10:08 PM
Hmm, did you make sure you don't have two TMO mod folders when you extracted it. For example: TMO 1.7/TMO 1.7/Data if it looks like that then that could be the problem. If not then TMO doesn't like you.

Umm, yes, actually, I do. I looked at all my downloaded mods and they had that structure. I assumed it was correct since they all were that way. Maybe a problem with my extraction program?

In any case, I'm at work for 72 hours, so it'll be Monday before I can try again. Can only read the forum until then...

VonGlaus
08-24-09, 05:39 PM
Yup, that was the problem. My unpacking program very nicely put each mod into its own directory. This left double-directory names.

For example: max_beer_on_boat.7z turned into:

max_beer_on_boat
--max_beer_on_boat
-- --Data
-- --Support

Off to start another career! May this help some other lost soul in the future.