PDA

View Full Version : Not enough crew!

jadervason
08-18-09, 02:57 PM
Hey guys, first time poster here.

Been playing Silent Hunter 3 for a few days and the one thing that keeps bothering me is I can't leave my game unattended for any length of time because I have to micromanage my crew.

Is there any mod that will make these guys work in shifts? The whole design seems flawed; I only need my chief engineer for following and I don't need a bridge officer if I'm snorkeling, but there's only 2 officer beds.

Could someone help me not have to micromanage my crew?

nikbear
08-18-09, 03:56 PM
Welcome aboard:salute: You could yourself a favour and D/L one of the SH3 super mods like GW3 or NYGM or LSH3 all of which give you much better crew management options and a whole lot more:yeah:
If for any reason you don't fancy that solution then you can D/L SH3Commander which is a stand alone mode that provides lots more immersion and options to modify the game,including crew management,you can even turn it off completly if you like:03:
Or you could add both and get the full SH3 experience that will truly blow your mind and give you a U-boat sim to be proud of:salute::salute::salute:
If you need any help with either these suggestions or anything else to do with SH3 don't hesitate to ask,there are loads of people hear to help:up:

jadervason
08-18-09, 04:02 PM
Thanks for your reply!

I have the grey wolves mod and silent hunter commander both right now and am experiencing this problem. One thing worthy of note is, I bought this game in a two pack that included silent hunter 2 on another disc. When I went to install the patch 1.4 or whatever it is, the install said something about 1.3 and I had an unrecognized version of a file.

Back to the story, silent hunter commander hasn't changed anything as far as I know, even though I turned off fatigue entirely.

FIREWALL
08-18-09, 04:17 PM
Your version of SH3 is patched iirc. And you don't have to leave in cd to play.

As for the other. Bad install is my best guess.

Btw, That is the Best Version.

jadervason
08-18-09, 08:12 PM
I guess we can't get Auto-Subs from madden 08 to work on this game, huh?

Another gripe I have is that it seems that guys recover a million times slower than they fatigue. I can give the crew a whole day in bed at 25 meters depth, and many of them will still have exclamation points...

Hanomag
08-18-09, 09:36 PM
Welcome Aboard Herr Kaluen!!! :arrgh!:

jadervason
08-18-09, 10:34 PM
Thank you very much.

Tell me, did that big american merchant vessel I just sank count? It's 1939.

Jimbuna
08-19-09, 09:42 AM
Welcome aboard jadervason http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/welcome.gif

The fatigue process stops working at TC of x32 or higher.

jadervason
08-19-09, 11:13 AM
Thanks, I would not have figured that out on my own.

Sailor Steve
08-19-09, 12:27 PM
Also, if you get the wonderful SH3 Commander, you will have the option of shutting off fatigue altogether.

HW3
08-20-09, 01:40 AM
In SH3 Commander go to Gameplay Settings, check Use Fatigue Model, and select from the dropdown menu No Fatigue.

As for the American merchant vessel, It will count against you.

jadervason
08-20-09, 01:43 AM
Thanks guys but like I said, SH3 is like the goggles...it did nothing.