PDA

View Full Version : Constant CTD (mod related)

Chaoic16
08-14-09, 09:59 PM
What caused me CTD is when I go to museum then went to American Submarine 3D view. Here is screenshoot of which mods I have enabled using Silent Hunter 4 Generic Mod Enabler for my SH4 v1.5 (with U boat mission expasion pack).

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5065/sh4modlist.jpg

If there is any mod that is conflicted with other, please let me know. I did my expensive research while installing mods in order.. RFB first, RSRDC second, OM thirdly, OMEGU (with Artc Env), then finally a recommmended of only two mods by OM thread which is speech fix and real clothes.

And At the same time, I also noticed a dreadful problems, when I was viewing German submarine in 3D view at virtual museum, I noticed that several of submarine have tower missing!

So I want to see if any of you have been having problem with similar mod set up I currently have for Silent Hunter 4 v1.5.

:-?

Chaoic out...

ETR3(SS)
08-15-09, 08:36 AM
I could be wrong here but I think the problem lies in having more than one mega mod activated. Try either RFB + RSRDC or just OM.

Chaoic16
08-15-09, 10:16 AM
I had RFB + RSRDC + OM for a long time now and have not faced any crashes until I installed updates for RSRDC and OM, along with an additional mods. And I am going to start disabling all mods after OM and see if it fixes my crashing bugs.

Chaoic out...

longam
08-15-09, 06:52 PM
Your over modulating big time, as said before only run one super mod at a time.

Armistead
08-15-09, 07:09 PM
He isn't over modding, that's a basic set up. RSRD and OM really aren't supermods like RFB, so don't be confused with MEGAMOD...They work fine and are designed to go over RFB and TMO installed correctly.

Your activated mod list looks fine. I don't play RFB, but if the patches are all correct for RFB, RSRD, OM,,should be fine.

If you're playing OM with the PK fix, that may be a problem, so I would pull that out first and try it. Not sure how a PK fix would even work in Uboats, but I don't play them.

I just pasted the correct order for RFB so I could compare.....just checking
RFB_v152_mmddyy
RFB patches (if required)
RSRDC_RFBv15_v421
RSRDC patches (if required)
OM V705
OMv705_to_V712
OM v712 HotFix 1

I would remove the PK fix.... .

ddrgn
08-15-09, 08:25 PM
PK fix would do nothing its a simple text edit and is not even loading in the model viewer, its model related for sure, a cross between boats somewhere.....

EDIT: Although the order of the PK fix is wrong, it should be after all RFB patches. I don't think this is the problem though.

JREX53
08-15-09, 08:40 PM
The problem might be because he is using OMEGU which only suppose to be used with a STOCK install and OM, not with any other mega mods installed.

It is in the readme file.

Armistead
08-15-09, 09:02 PM
I've been thinking of playing UBoats and studied up on it some today. JREX is right, it's in the OMEGU thread. However, several are still loading it up over RFB and say the game is fine...but who knows..it appears it's real env tweaked just for OM.

We're you getting CTD's with OMEGU before the current patches?

Like to know the outcome, as I may try the uboats out.

lurker_hlb3
08-15-09, 10:05 PM
“WARNING”

FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUTIONS WILL CAUSE OM/OMEGU NOT TO RUN CORRECTLY & SH4 TO CTD.

-----------------------------------------------------------

OMEGU should "ONLY" be installed on a “stock” SH4 v1.5 after OM v705 and OMv705 to V712.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Any mod that is installed “AFTER” OMv705, OMv705_to_v712, and OMEGU and JSGME generates a “conflict” with any of the above mods and you continue to install the mod and OM/OMEGU no longer works correctly is “NOT” my problem.

“WARNING”

then finally a recommmended of only two mods by OM thread which is speech fix and real clothes.You should have READ all the information in that post"

4. If you want to do the ATO then install these mods "ONLY" in the following order:

OpsMonsun_V705
OMv705_to_V712
OMv712_hotfix1
OMEGU_v100
OMEGU_v100_Patch2
OM_Arct_Env
Spaxs SH4 Uboat SPEECH FIX_V8
Real Clothes

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1150436&postcount=1483

peabody
08-16-09, 01:44 PM
What caused me CTD is when I go to museum then went to American Submarine 3D view. Here is screenshoot of which mods I have enabled using Silent Hunter 4 Generic Mod Enabler for my SH4 v1.5 (with U boat mission expasion pack).

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5065/sh4modlist.jpg

If there is any mod that is conflicted with other, please let me know. I did my expensive research while installing mods in order.. RFB first, RSRDC second, OM thirdly, OMEGU (with Artc Env), then finally a recommmended of only two mods by OM thread which is speech fix and real clothes.

And At the same time, I also noticed a dreadful problems, when I was viewing German submarine in 3D view at virtual museum, I noticed that several of submarine have tower missing!

So I want to see if any of you have been having problem with similar mod set up I currently have for Silent Hunter 4 v1.5.

:-?

Chaoic out...

I notice four possible problems. I built the Maya_II and possibly the Fuso, Brookly and Iowa you have. I don't know where you got them, but it they are not 'fixed' they will not work in Career mode. If you remember where you downloaded them, they may not be useable for Career. I know I made one called Maya_II which I have not seen anywhere else with that name, and it was one of my first attempts at a ship and it needs to be fixed for Career mode.
I have been busy and never got back to fix them, but someone else may have done it. I know Jmardlin fixed the Iowa so it works.
If you remember where they came from, I would d/l and check with mine and see if they are creating your problem.

Peabody

Chaoic16
08-17-09, 01:59 PM
Everyone,

I want to thank to all of you very much for advices and I just didn't realize that OMEGU was supposed to be used with orginial version of SH4 (non modded) and I didnt read the readme fully which is my entirely fault. I apologize for that and I learned my lessons in my own way and that is, to alway carefully read the 'readme'. The lesson is learned, and my SH4 (with mods as listed in screenshoot but without OMEGU since I disabled that mods, including speech fix and real clothes mods) is working now .

And Peabody,

I have not tried Maya II yet and they are not enabled yet but I planned on trying that IJN Maya warship. And if you ever need any files from me, please let me know and I will be more than happy to sent any files that is made by you with your hard works on these mods, respectfully.

:salute:

Chaoic out...

peabody
08-17-09, 02:26 PM
And Peabody,

I have not tried Maya II yet and they are not enabled yet but I planned on trying that IJN Maya warship. And if you ever need any files from me, please let me know and I will be more than happy to sent any files that is made by you with your hard works on these mods, respectfully.

:salute:

Chaoic out...

OK, I was just trying to help find the ctd problem, and I know the ships I built did not work in Career mode only single mission and they will cause a ctd. But if you didn't enable them then that is not your problem. But I know at least one of the 5 I built has been fixed and was willing to check the files to see if these were 'fixed' or my originals. They were the first modding I did and I made some mistakes in the upc file and had moved on to other things and never got back to fix them.

Peabody