PDA

View Full Version : Video Tutorials

makman94
08-13-09, 06:52 AM
hello,

i have made a video tutorial for one friend of mine here in subsim in order to 'get' him inside the advance techiques of manual targeting (this video is 6 parts).
unfortunately i am not a 'guru' in making videos so the videos have no sound and also i didn't manage to find a way to show written informations as the video running .as my friend is greek i explained him the videos via phone .but i am sure that people who are a little bit familiar with manual targeting will understand what i am showing at videos

also i made a video with my technique at hydrophone hunting(this video is 3 parts) .it is very simple and...working at most of the situations great . READ THE README.

there is a very little cheating in this technique but it is very ...little .the cheating is this: when the sonarman reports contact for the very first time we know that the target is about 20km far away.

all the videos can play with windows media player

edit: i have converted the .avi files to .wmv files and their size is heavily reduced! the manual targeting tutorial is now 425mb (total size of 6 parts) and the hydro tutorial is now 205mb (total size of 3 parts)

can be found at my filefront page

bye

Laufen zum Ziel
08-13-09, 11:12 AM
Thanks. Will take a look.

Pisces
08-13-09, 12:00 PM
Downloading it aswel. But why post it in the mods section?

Pisces
08-13-09, 12:44 PM
What codec does it use. I do not get any visual image or audio, with Windows media player 11 or Winamp 5.552

makman94
08-13-09, 01:14 PM
What codec does it use. I do not get any visual image or audio, with Windows media player 11 or Winamp 5.552

hello Pisces,
....thats very strange ....:hmmm:

i have the windows media player v9.0.0.4503 and works
also i can play them with divX player (my version is 7.2.0.19).download the free trial version from their site and see if ...works

i have used the VirtualDub-1.9.4 programme to compress them and codec is indeo video 5.10 (...driver name: ir50_32.dll )

note: the vlc player can NOT play the videos

let me know if you manage to play them please

bye

Pisces
08-13-09, 02:25 PM
I guess my system didn't have those indeo codecs. Because after i installed them i got to see right stuff.

bojan811
08-13-09, 06:04 PM
If you having trouble playing this videos use this program.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_gom_player/

Wulfmann
08-13-09, 08:27 PM
I would like a tutorial on how to make a SH3 video so I can record some of my convoy battles or ship attacks.

Crete, nice place, Albanians don't seem to care for it, LOL

Wulfmann

LiveGoat
08-14-09, 12:59 AM
Great videos. Only one problem, though. When I try to open "positioning for the Attack" I get an archive header error.

makman94
08-14-09, 04:15 AM
Crete, nice place, Albanians don't seem to care for it.....

Wulfmann

yes,albanians is a problem here and not only them...:(

Great videos. Only one problem, though. When I try to open "positioning for the Attack" I get an archive header error.

downloading it now....
all the others was ok ? you saw them all and you had problem only with the "positioning for the Attack" ?
edit : you are right LiveGoat.the file is damaged.i will upload it again .....thank you
edit 2 : ok ,the "positioning for the Attack-part 3" is uploaded again and working now

bybyx
08-18-09, 07:42 AM
Nice video Makman94!
If it's possible could you add sound to the tutorials? It will really help.

LiveGoat
08-18-09, 08:49 AM
Oops, I forgot about this thread. Yes it was just PftA video 3. But as it's fixed this reply is redundant. Great vids by the way. SH3 gives me no end of trouble with going all manual. I'm just a bit too thick. These vids help a lot.

makman94
08-18-09, 02:53 PM
Nice video Makman94!
If it's possible could you add sound to the tutorials? It will really help.

if i knew a way....you could bet for that !
it seems that FRAPS don't record sound ...or am i wrong here? does anybody know a way to have video with sound using FRAPS ? or to add boxes with information while video is running? (like the boxes in Nefelodamon's video)

Oops, I forgot about this thread. Yes it was just PftA video 3. But as it's fixed this reply is redundant. Great vids by the way. SH3 gives me no end of trouble with going all manual. I'm just a bit too thick. These vids help a lot.

:up:

bybyx
08-19-09, 12:32 AM
if i knew a way....you could bet for that !
it seems that FRAPS don't record sound ...or am i wrong here? does anybody know a way to have video with sound using FRAPS ? or to add boxes with information while video is running? (like the boxes in Nefelodamon's video)

:up:

Well, OLC has sound in the tutorials.

Dissaray
11-01-09, 11:03 PM
Is the download called HydroHunt Tutorial? If it is then I think some thing I wrong with it. I tried down laoding it but it always seems to end too soon and the archive says it has ended unexpectedly when I try to open it. Just thought you would like to know. Oh, I found the tutorial that this thread is going on about, don't know if it works totaly just yet as it is till down loading.

The other one still dosen't seem to work. Shame though. Now that I can't have it for what ever reason I realy am curious as to what it is all about.

makman94
11-02-09, 11:42 AM
Is the download called HydroHunt Tutorial? If it is then I think some thing I wrong with it. I tried down laoding it but it always seems to end too soon and the archive says it has ended unexpectedly when I try to open it. Just thought you would like to know. Oh, I found the tutorial that this thread is going on about, don't know if it works totaly just yet as it is till down loading.

The other one still dosen't seem to work. Shame though. Now that I can't have it for what ever reason I realy am curious as to what it is all about.

hello Dissaray,

yes,you are right...the hydrohunt tutorial video has some problems to download it ( just checked it ).it seems that this is an issue from ff becuase i remember that was ok when i uploaded it.
the other one (the manual targeting tutorial ) is ok...i download it without any problem
anyway, thank you very much for letting me know the problem with the hydrohunt video :up:
i will reupload it again later this evening

bye

artao
11-15-09, 12:39 PM
Hey there Makman. Good work. Likin' MaGui quite a bit, have had 'some' confusion so ...
Just watched the 6-part tutorial ... looks good, but as stated previously, needs sound. There I times I don't quite get what you're doing or why. Also re: download size, glad you reduced it, but could still be smaller. Did you record these at full screen resolution? Perhaps reduce them to 800x600 or so, that would cut the size even more.
Regarding the sound. It seems to me you WERE talking during the recording. I would like to help. Tho I can't provide a tutorial or info on recording a video-screen-capture WITH sound, perhaps I could add the sound to the existing videos if you send me some audio files to go with 'em. I use a wonderful nifty program called Blender ( http://blender3d.org ) which is a free, open-source 3D graphics app. A lesser known feature of Blender, however, is its video sequencer, with which sound can be added to a video. I COULD tell you how to do it, but would probably have to make a video tutorial myself to explain it :o, thus my offer to add the sound myself if you send me audio files.
Wondering too, sometimes it's the obvious that we miss; are you SURE you had your microphone properly plugged in and selected as the recording source? I've missed that before my own d**n self :03:. I recommend doing a quick test with windows sound recorder program to make sure you're getting proper audio recording.
As far as sending me audio files to add to the videos. I HIGHLY recommend a program called Audacity. ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) Again, free and open-source (I'm a serious open-source GPL advocate, heh) No need for 'high-quality' sound either. Mono with sample-rate of 22050Hz would be plenty adequate, and plenty small.
Respond here or feel free to PM me. If interested that is. Hope so as I'd REALLY like some audio with these tutorials. Haven't watched the HydroHunting tutorial yet, will soon, be glad to do the same with that one.

hope I can help

java`s revenge
11-15-09, 02:15 PM
Artao,
I have made a tutorial for you in the manos gui thread.
Hope that you will get it.

artao
11-15-09, 03:59 PM
Gotcha, thanks. Offer still open to add the sound to Maksman's tutorials tho.
:yeah:

makman94
11-15-09, 08:54 PM
Hey there Makman. Good work. Likin' MaGui quite a bit, have had 'some' confusion so ...
Just watched the 6-part tutorial ... looks good, but as stated previously, needs sound. There I times I don't quite get what you're doing or why. Also re: download size, glad you reduced it, but could still be smaller. Did you record these at full screen resolution? Perhaps reduce them to 800x600 or so, that would cut the size even more.
Regarding the sound. It seems to me you WERE talking during the recording. I would like to help. Tho I can't provide a tutorial or info on recording a video-screen-capture WITH sound, perhaps I could add the sound to the existing videos if you send me some audio files to go with 'em. I use a wonderful nifty program called Blender ( http://blender3d.org ) which is a free, open-source 3D graphics app. A lesser known feature of Blender, however, is its video sequencer, with which sound can be added to a video. I COULD tell you how to do it, but would probably have to make a video tutorial myself to explain it :o, thus my offer to add the sound myself if you send me audio files.
Wondering too, sometimes it's the obvious that we miss; are you SURE you had your microphone properly plugged in and selected as the recording source? I've missed that before my own d**n self :03:. I recommend doing a quick test with windows sound recorder program to make sure you're getting proper audio recording.
As far as sending me audio files to add to the videos. I HIGHLY recommend a program called Audacity. ( http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ ) Again, free and open-source (I'm a serious open-source GPL advocate, heh) No need for 'high-quality' sound either. Mono with sample-rate of 22050Hz would be plenty adequate, and plenty small.
Respond here or feel free to PM me. If interested that is. Hope so as I'd REALLY like some audio with these tutorials. Haven't watched the HydroHunting tutorial yet, will soon, be glad to do the same with that one.

hope I can help

the files are probably contain allready the sound (thats why they are so big ) but i don't know if there is a way to be activated somehow .
no, i didn't use a microphone for the simple reason that ....i don't have one !
these videos were made for a friend of mine and you have to be well known of the 90 degrees attack procedure in order to understand them becuase it is an advance technique on attacking with any angle we want (not only with 90 degrees) .
i tried everything to get them with sound but nothing worked so i made them for my friend without sound (they were not intended to be given in public )
yes, i would like you to give them sound , just tell me exactly what you want me to do
imo, a better idea is to make showing information panels as the video is running .can you do that ?

ps: i now have a programm tha Java suggested ( xfire) that is working ok ! meaning that i can record with it and have also the sound . only problem is that the files are getting extremely big ! 7 minutes videos are about 2.5 GB !!!!!

thank you very much Artao :up:

artao
11-15-09, 09:53 PM
No problem on the text panels front. That would probably make file exchange easier anyhow. Just send me a text file explaining what you want 'said' and at what point in the video in min:sec. If you don't have a mic, that would make it pretty hard to dub audio anyhow :03:

re: file size. 2.5G for 7min!!!??? holy crap!!! that's insane!! are you using compression at all? what resolution are you recording these at? i can probably work file size issues out too, but at my connect speed it would take a rather large amount of time to dl 2.5G. Somethings gotta be mis-set or something. I'll dl that xfire program and take a look at it to see I can be of some help there.

I (and many others I'm sure) really appreciate you making these tutorials available for the public, as well as your mods!! :rock:
e-mail me to the address in my profile and we can get working on this.

(incidently AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I just accidentally erased my whole career because I decided to delete some old saves, starting with the first one, and confirmed it without reading the confirmation window!! who'd'a thunk that it would delete all saves after it too!! OOF!! won't EVER do that again :oops:)

<EDIT> hmm .. actually NOT going to dl xfire. looked at the faq, etc ... not something I want on my system, guess I'm kinda picky about that sort of thing. sorry. I could perhaps look into other video capture software; I know folks in the Blender community make a lot of vid-tutorials, I'll see what they use. I DID however notice in the faq something about recording video at half-size; have you tried that?

makman94
11-15-09, 10:08 PM
No problem on the text panels front. That would probably make file exchange easier anyhow. Just send me a text file explaining what you want 'said' and at what point in the video in min:sec. If you don't have a mic, that would make it pretty hard to dub audio anyhow :03:

re: file size. 2.5G for 7min!!!??? holy crap!!! that's insane!! are you using compression at all? what resolution are you recording these at? i can probably work file size issues out too, but at my connect speed it would take a rather large amount of time to dl 2.5G. Somethings gotta be mis-set or something. I'll dl that xfire program and take a look at it to see I can be of some help there.

I (and many others I'm sure) really appreciate you making these tutorials available for the public, as well as your mods!! :rock:
e-mail me to the address in my profile and we can get working on this.

(incidently AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I just accidentally erased my whole career because I decided to delete some old saves, starting with the first one, and confirmed it without reading the confirmation window!! who'd'a thunk that it would delete all saves after it too!! OOF!! won't EVER do that again :oops:)

ok , i will prepare the text file and when its ready i will send it to you

this xfire has only two sets for resolutions full and half (the 7minutes-2.5gb was at full resolution) and it records avi format . thats all i know ....have a look