PDA

View Full Version : RSRD and Capt Magic mod

Shoopzee
08-11-09, 08:10 PM
I have installed RSRD mod with patch enabled, and I also have Capt Magic's radio mod enabled. My game crashes as soon as I time warp over 1000k. I just get an error on Vista, and the game CTD. I'm sure it is the radio mod, as game runs fine with the sound mod pulled from the generic mod enabler.

Does anyone know a good music package mod that is compatable with RSRD? Thanks.

Armistead
08-11-09, 08:12 PM
I run several of Fred's over TMORSRD, work fine......Doe's it crash regardless of radio on or off.

Shoopzee
08-11-09, 08:48 PM
For sure it crashes with it on, but I do believe it as also while not in operation. What does the mod consist of that you suggested? Thanks.

Armistead
08-11-09, 10:46 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=119668&page=13

Sticky at the top..radio mods.

fred8615
08-12-09, 08:17 AM
First of all, it's not a compatibility issue. Only the radio.ini needs to be changed when using radio stations, so that's not the cause of the crash. If it's doing it when you start on the same date, and appears to be crashing at the same in-game time, it means there's a missing or misnamed file in the station. It's trying to call a file on a certain date and time, and can't find it. Why this causes a CTD I don't know, but it does, even if you're not listening to that station or even using the radio. Since it goes away when you uninstall the mod, it sounds to me like that's what's happening.

FYI, someone pointed you to my stations, but right now the server where they are is undergoing maintenance, so you can't download them right now.