PDA

View Full Version : additions to lnd layer save, but then dissapear

munkeeeee
08-09-09, 05:04 PM
I have been using GWX 3 and SH3 Commander, (which btw, are both superb) but have trouble modifyng the lnd layer in the editor for the campaign. Here's what happens.

I open up the lnd layer for the campaign and create some airbases. I "save as" and overwrite the existing lnd file. I exit the editor and reenter. Everything is fine, the additions I made are still there. But after starting the actual game and exiting, and then opening up the editor and the lnd layer, my additions are no longer there, like if they were never saved. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Graf Paper
08-10-09, 01:17 AM
Are you using JSGME? If your computer is running Windows Vista, make sure JSGME has Administrator privileges so it will work correctly.

The best way to ensure things work smoothly is to make your modified Campaign_LND.mis file JSGME-compatible and then enable it after any other add-on mods that affect the Campaign files, such as the GWX Black Sea Campaign. Otherwise, your file will be overwritten by those mods if they're enabled after yours.

You'll receive a warning from JSGME, something like "Warning! Possible conflict. This mod changes the file Campaign_LND.mis, which has already been altered by blah,blah...", but that's okay because you want to override any other mods with yours so the changes you made will be there.

munkeeeee
08-10-09, 04:49 PM
Thanks Graf! :salute:

Graf Paper
08-11-09, 01:48 AM
Always a pleasure to help when I can, munkeeeee. :yep:

You never know, this might be the first step toward creating your own full campaign that covers the entire war. :03:

Best of luck and good fun! :up: