PDA

View Full Version : REL: Extended FreeCam 1.0

Stormfly
08-08-09, 02:24 PM
SH3 Extended FreeCam 1.2, GWX 3.0 or Another Combi Mod 1.10 compatible.

Additional to Sergbutos free moving cam for the deck / conning tower, following extensions are included:

- Commandroom Cam "F2" now free move able, if open hatch installed, you are also able to walk through the open hatch to reach the radio room.

- Diving angles and shaking effects added.

- Logic to select officers changed, to stabilize the camera (otherwise you get dragged "out of sectors" by selecting them).
Officers are reacting by selectig them and follow your movements with their eyes. It isnt possible to jump into their positions, using
the right mouse button. This isnt needed any more because you can move there anyway. You can still use the 2D menue to jump into their positions if you like.

- 3-D clickspots for "F2" commandroom activated, (commanders-log, damage control, 2-D attack-map, 2-D map, complede 3-D TDC, active dept sonar, tubedoors, torpedo launch, engine-telegraph, compass, ruder, speed in knots, and both dept scales to change dept. As you are eable to control the submarine by youself, you wont get any confirmations by switching levers and knobs (exept engine telegraph), so be carefull now what you touch/click.

- Logic of select radio/sonar crew changed to stabilaze the cam. If you click them with the left mouse button you enter their stations, right mousebutton is without function for them. If you leave the radio or sonar station, you enter a position behind them as like you have just standed up from their place.

- 3-D clickspots of radio/sonar room for the "F2" command room activated (you have to move from the command room to the radio/sonar room): Radar on/off, radar scale switch, hydrophone volume (by clicking the volume knob from the "F2" view, you are able to hear what the sonarman hear. To end this you have to enter and leave the hydrophone/sonar station). Clickspot commanders bed/cabinet changed to open radio messages screen.

- Keyboard layout changed, Key 0 on numeric pad or Key "End" is for going back to a fitting station (example you want to leave the 2D map view, you will return to the view where you have opened it) . Different new "go back`s" added, new key "Num /" or "POS1" now weapons officer -> identify target, new key "NUM *" or "Pause" now weapons officer -> create solution to target.

Installation with JSGME Modenabler, additional recommended mods next to GWX 3.0 or ACM 1.10:

- Diving Duck´s DD_all_types_OH_V2 (open hatch)

VIDEO 1: (11 minutes footage with the nice 7c from WAC4.0, Testpilots realistic hat`s, Fubar crew skin`s and Oak Growe`s superior interrior, together in Living Silent Hunter 4.0 CSP Special Edition (www.comsubspac.com (http://www.comsubspac.com)), download for higher quality)
http://www.filefront.com/14195555/SH3-Extended-FreeCam-1.0.wmv/

VIDEO 2: (16 minutes footage, attacking with torpedo, chaking from deptcharges, dealing with damage)
http://www.filefront.com/14248215/SH3-Extended-FreeCam-1.1.wmv/

Download Extended FreeCam 1.2
http://subsim.armedassault.eu/Stormy/SH3_Extended_FreeCam_1.2.rar

Credits:
Sergbuto for his wunderful "free moving cam" for conning tower / bridge / deck
Skwas for his mystical "Silent 3ditor"
Karamazovnew for support & bugfixing

UPDATE, Release of 1.2 version:

Changelog 1.2

- Diving Angles for command room ("F2") reduced by two thirds (this is mostly preventing of movement through the hull by diving or surfacing angles of the boat, a bit of counter movement is still recommended).

- Massinertia tweaked (cam and boat movements feels more real now, beware of seasickness).

- Bugfix for GWX version (Periscopes, TDC Autoupdate, UZO).

- Additional credits to Karamazovnew for support & bugfixing

Schroeder
08-08-09, 03:17 PM
Sounds good, I'll give it a try.:DL

karamazovnew
08-08-09, 03:32 PM
Yey, great job :rock:. Time to dissect this puppy :DL

Rapt0r56
08-08-09, 03:50 PM
Great Stormfly i'll try it later.
(allways wanted to control my Sub in Free View)
:rock::yeah:

Task Force
08-08-09, 04:10 PM
Anyone figured out how to walk on deck?:hmmm:

Stormfly
08-08-09, 04:49 PM
Anyone figured out how to walk on deck?:hmmm:

ohh as same as with Shift + F2.... use your arrow keys :know:

Rapt0r56
08-08-09, 05:19 PM
It works fine, but a little thing. The Obs Peri shows no longer the Black lines and Numbers, and the Attack Peri shows this: :D
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu301/Rapt0r56/SH3Img9-8-2009_01019_968.jpg

Any Idea?
:06: :damn:

Stormfly
08-08-09, 05:48 PM
It works fine, but a little thing. The Obs Peri shows no longer the Black lines and Numbers, and the Attack Peri shows this: :D

Any Idea?
:06: :damn:

yes... it seams i must include non OLC/ACM versions also, expect update soon, the current version works with Mikhayl's Another Combi Mod (OLC clone):salute:

Rapt0r56
08-08-09, 07:34 PM
Thanks wait for this :yeah:

CapZap1970
08-08-09, 07:57 PM
Fantastic mod!! and fantastic vid also... :yeah::rock:
Just as question... what prog did you use to capture the video in game?
Thank you very much!

Stormfly
08-09-09, 05:12 AM
Fantastic mod!! and fantastic vid also... :yeah::rock:
Just as question... what prog did you use to capture the video in game?
Thank you very much!

try http://www.gamecamportal.com/

Stormfly
08-09-09, 08:38 AM
UPDATE:

Release 1.1 Version

- added GWX 3.0 compatible version

- Version for Living Silent Hunter 4.0 is part of CSP Special Edition for Living Silent Hunter 4.0 (www.comsubspac.com)

@Rapt0r
Try using the GWX 3.0 version, if you have still problems, open your old or working "Cameras.dat" with Silent 3ditor and transfer all values from:

Node_Dummy_Cam_UZO
Optical
CameraParams

Node_Dummy_Cam_OBS_Periscope
Optical
CameraParams

Node_Dummy_Cam_Periscope
Optical
CameraParams

Node_Dummy_Cam_Binocular
Optical
CameraParams

to the "Extended FreeCam 1.1" "Cameras.dat" file.

LiveGoat
08-09-09, 11:12 AM
Quick question. What about those of us that are using both GWX and ACM? Which ones should we enable or can we?

Stormfly
08-09-09, 11:33 AM
Quick question. What about those of us that are using both GWX and ACM? Which ones should we enable or can we?

ohh... than use ACM version plz.

Rapt0r56
08-09-09, 11:43 AM
Thanks, i'll try this :up:

Rapt0r56
08-09-09, 11:53 AM
Fantastic, it works thanks Storm! :yeah:
:|\\ :woot:

LiveGoat
08-09-09, 05:25 PM
Working great so far. I'm trying her out in my trusty type II. I used the ACM version. The cool thing is that, even though I don't tend to roam about the boat much as a player, I can set my static position in the control room and conning tower. Now I can stand a little to starboard on the bridge and at the chart table between the NO and WE in the control room.

One thing I wish the mods had was some form of collision. If the boat pitches about on the waves, one passes through the ceiling, floor and walls while in "walk" mode (but I have a hunch it's not possible?).

Anyway, thanks! Great mod!:yeah:

Stormfly
08-09-09, 06:36 PM
One thing I wish the mods had was some form of collision. If the boat pitches about on the waves, one passes through the ceiling, floor and walls while in "walk" mode (but I have a hunch it's not possible?).

yep a pity, your hunch isn`t fooling you... as far as i know, collisions are not possible so far. But you will learn how to use the cam without dragging it out of sectors over time.

The main reason creating it was, to have a deeper dynamic admosphere, together with more moving action, while interactin with the 3D systems of the sub. As you know, a free moving cam isnt the only asset you need to create a good admosphere, you need diligence and other good mods... by the way... did i mentioned Oak Growe ??? :o ..i will correct that !

yes, in my videos, it may be that you see some modifications that are not mentioned... guys it that case please forgive me, i try my very best to credit all contributers.

...uploading a additional video right now (about 20 minutes 700MB), its a bit longer but and also more dynamic :arrgh!:

LiveGoat
08-10-09, 12:28 AM
Okay, I just watched your video. Very nice. This could be a really cool SH5 optional feature for those players who want to run about in the boat doing everything in first person. To be able to click switches and manage things with as few static screens as possible would be a lot of fun. Gonna go back and play around with this mod some more.

Stormfly
08-10-09, 11:26 AM
UPDATE:
VIDEO 2: (16 minutes footage, attacking with torpedo, chaking from deptcharges, dealing with damage)
http://www.filefront.com/14248215/SH3-Extended-FreeCam-1.1.wmv/

Schroeder
08-11-09, 07:29 AM
I noticed that my TDC switches itself from manual to automatic every once in a while while using this mod.
But I have to say that I activated it in the middle of a patrol so it might solve itself when starting the next one out of a harbour.

Stormfly
08-11-09, 03:37 PM
...hmm never had this bahavior, but s**t happens, plz continue updating :hmmm:

Schroeder
08-12-09, 04:33 AM
It might take some time before I start my next patrol. I'm still in the early phase of my current one. I'll let you know if it was just caused by enabling the mod while being on patrol.:salute:

=FI=Ghost
08-12-09, 10:50 AM
Hi!

I have installed this great looking mod (ACM version) over GWX 3.0+ACM&OLCGuiMkIIDcombi mod and everything seems to work ok apart from one thing. While I move around I can go through walls and other objects like in default "free cam"; but I got the feeling from the videos you made that you cannot do that, but stop when come near objects as in real life. Is that just my wrong assumption and this is how the mod works or there's some error in my installation?

Stormfly
08-12-09, 11:49 AM
Hi =FI=Ghost,

at this time, collisions are not possible as far as i know. Let me remind you to read the whole thread.

But here is also a good example: As i started to use TrackIr (a Head Tracking System) i got horrible results, but later as i learned how to use it i got much better results and of course a much better immersion.

Here is one of my FlightSim videos i created, after using TrackIr for a longer time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05C0Kq3q8g4

...the reason why the movement in the video is looking so good, is because i learned how to use it and what my limitations are.

=FI=Ghost
08-12-09, 03:48 PM
Ok, thank you very much.

robbythesub
08-13-09, 03:52 PM
Installed with GWX 3.0 and works beautifully- thanks for your efforts, and you can even walk along the decks too!

:yeah:

Stormfly
08-13-09, 05:04 PM
Installed with GWX 3.0 and works beautifully- thanks for your efforts, and you can even walk along the decks too!

:yeah:

...yes thank Sergbuto for that :up:

Schroeder
08-18-09, 04:32 PM
O.K. I started a new patrol but still have the problem that the TDC switches itself from manual to automatic again (with automatic I mean that it keeps following the view direction of the periscopes).
Another thing I noticed is that I can't use my UZO any more. I can select it but can't see anything through it (not that this would be a loss since I never used it anyway but I thought you might want to know about it regardless:D) .

Stormfly
08-19-09, 03:41 AM
O.K. I started a new patrol but still have the problem that the TDC switches itself from manual to automatic again (with automatic I mean that it keeps following the view direction of the periscopes).
Another thing I noticed is that I can't use my UZO any more. I can select it but can't see anything through it (not that this would be a loss since I never used it anyway but I thought you might want to know about it regardless:D) .

By default, TDC following mode (blue light on) is enabled, but should`nt go to following mode by itself after switching to manual mode.

maybe some other mod is conflicting ?

you may also check the responsible key on your keyboard, maybe that key hangs in some way ?

@all... can someone confirm to have the same problems ?

Hunter
08-19-09, 05:49 AM
Actually, triyed and removed the mod from my SH+GWX instalation. The idea itself is good but loss of some long used functional doesn't worth walking through the walls. I think it shall be improved by restoring use of battons and limiting area to walk to.

Stormfly
08-19-09, 06:11 AM
...but loss of some long used functional

which functions do you miss, the right click jump into position of crew member ?

Schroeder
08-19-09, 06:31 AM
Just to explains the problem more precisely I made a screenshot:
http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/54/1012554/1280_6563643135333935.jpg
The the button with the red circle around it is the one that switches itself back to auto position.

Stormfly
08-19-09, 07:04 AM
yes,

we are talking about the same knob (using ACM mod, this button is lightned blue if in TDC following mode)...

Please tell me exactly in which situations is it switching back by itself, is it totaly random or after firing a torp etc.... ?

Schroeder
08-19-09, 08:36 AM
I'm afraid it's random, or at least I couldn't find any pattern behind it yet. If no one else has this problem then the cause will likely be somewhere on my end so maybe you shouldn't put too much effort in finding this before others confirm to have the same issue.

But apart from that it's nice to finally be able to walk around on the sub.:salute:

karamazovnew
08-19-09, 10:45 AM
Stormfly, I've just checked your commands_XXX.cfg files for both versions (ACM and GWX). And they both contain the Autoupdate command linked to the 0x3F010017 item from the menu.ini file. That item was remade by OLC to be the new Autoupdate button, on the main layout page. It was also used by Mikhayl in ACM for the same purpose. But in the original GWX (vanilla) interface, that item does something different, not sure what cause I don't have the game installed on this laptop. But whatever it is, whenever Schroeder clicks on that item, the command is given for the autoupdate to switch on/off. Remove all your addons and go to the clean menu_1024_768.ini file and see what item it is.

Schroeder, go to your commands_en.cfg or commands_de.cfg file and find this part:

[Cmd131]
Name=Toggle_TDC_autoupdate
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F010017
Key0=0x54,c,"CTRL T"

comment out the MnID line with a semicolon like this:
;MnID=0x3F010017

and you shouldn't have any problem :up:

Stormfly
08-19-09, 11:47 AM
nice found, thanks for that, i will review it and update ! :DL

Hunter
08-19-09, 02:14 PM
which functions do you miss, the right click jump into position of crew member ?
Officers icons. As soon as I can't clic it I cant acces their order buttons.

Schroeder
08-19-09, 03:12 PM
Remove all your addons and go to the clean menu_1024_768.ini file and see what item it is.

Schroeder, go to your commands_en.cfg or commands_de.cfg file and find this part:

[Cmd131]
Name=Toggle_TDC_autoupdate
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F010017
Key0=0x54,c,"CTRL T"

comment out the MnID line with a semicolon like this:
;MnID=0x3F010017

and you shouldn't have any problem :up:
Thanks a lot, I will give it a try. Did you mean I have to uninstall all mods before doing this?:06:

Stormfly
08-19-09, 03:54 PM
Thanks a lot, I will give it a try. Did you mean I have to uninstall all mods before doing this?:06:

if using JSGME, simply disable it, work on it in the mods folder, after that enable again...

Stormfly
08-19-09, 04:03 PM
Officers icons. As soon as I can't clic it I cant acces their order buttons.

Readme:
- Logic of select radio/sonar crew changed to stabilaze the cam. If you click them with the left mouse button you enter their stations, right mousebutton is without function for them. If you leave the radio or sonar station, you enter a position behind them as like you have just standed up from their place.

...you can still use the 2D Icons of them, officers in command room are also clickable with left mouse button to show the special icons.

karamazovnew
08-19-09, 04:19 PM

Nope, that part was for Stormfly to do some debugging :O:
You don't need to disable anything. Change the file in your SH3 game folder(with the freecam mod enabled), not the mods folder, to test it. If it works fine, then you can do the same change in the actual mod so you'll have that change even if you disable and reenable the mod. :doh: Simple, isn't it?

Schroeder
08-20-09, 09:19 AM
Thanks, will try it.:salute:

Schroeder
08-20-09, 10:41 AM
That solved the problem. Now the TDC stays in manual mod.:cool:
Thanks again.:up:

JMV
08-21-09, 05:58 PM
Hello Stoemfly ,

DL your file. I must say it's superb. It really adds a new dimension to the game ! :yeah:

However, I have a small problem :

1 ) When I activate <F2> I get in the Control room ok, I can go forward or back with <Num Pad 8-2>, turn left or right with <Num Pad 4-6>, but I'm about 1 or 1.5 meter high above the ground , so I wanted to raise myself a bit with <Num Pad 7> but it has no effect at all, as well as <Num Pad 2> if I want t go lower. Is this normal ?
This happens to when I go to <F4> and go around. And in that case, I tried <Num Pad 7 or 1> and I suddently found myself in cam view in the "Kiosque" ???

2 ) Now for this one, may be I did a wrong move ? : I enter the hydrophone room with a left click of the mouse, then I don't quite remember how I got there, but suddently I found myself with the cam headed toward the ceiling or if I thy turning the camera, looking at the sonarman from above, as if the camera axis had changed...
I had to leave it that way, because I was unable to turn in such a way that I could see the way out...
So, to enter = mouse left click
What do you do to to go out of the Hydrophone room ? Is it well <Num Pad 0> or <End> ? Do I get back to the Control room that way ?
When I am in cam view in the Hydrophone room can I type <H> to sit at the Hydrophone ? If NO = How. If = YES, how do I get back to the Hydrophone room in cam view ?

And, I don't quite get this part of the Readme : :oops:

"- Keyboard layout changed, Key 0 on numeric pad or Key "End" is for going back to a fitting station (exaple you want to leave the 2D map view, you will return to the view where you have opened it) . Different new "go back`s" added, new key "Num /" or "POS1" now weapons officer -> identify target, new key "NUM *" or "Pause" now weapons officer -> create solution to target."

Thank you in advance, and very sorry for the disturbance, it's a very nice mod anyway.

Stormfly
08-22-09, 08:02 AM
Hello Stoemfly ,

DL your file. I must say it's superb. It really adds a new dimension to the game ! :yeah:

However, I have a small problem :

1 ) When I activate <F2> I get in the Control room ok, I can go forward or back with <Num Pad 8-2>, turn left or right with <Num Pad 4-6>, but I'm about 1 or 1.5 meter high above the ground , so I wanted to raise myself a bit with <Num Pad 7> but it has no effect at all, as well as <Num Pad 2> if I want t go lower. Is this normal ?
This happens to when I go to <F4> and go around. And in that case, I tried <Num Pad 7 or 1> and I suddently found myself in cam view in the "Kiosque" ???

2 ) Now for this one, may be I did a wrong move ? : I enter the hydrophone room with a left click of the mouse, then I don't quite remember how I got there, but suddently I found myself with the cam headed toward the ceiling or if I thy turning the camera, looking at the sonarman from above, as if the camera axis had changed...
I had to leave it that way, because I was unable to turn in such a way that I could see the way out...
So, to enter = mouse left click
What do you do to to go out of the Hydrophone room ? Is it well <Num Pad 0> or <End> ? Do I get back to the Control room that way ?
When I am in cam view in the Hydrophone room can I type <H> to sit at the Hydrophone ? If NO = How. If = YES, how do I get back to the Hydrophone room in cam view ?

And, I don't quite get this part of the Readme : :oops:

"- Keyboard layout changed, Key 0 on numeric pad or Key "End" is for going back to a fitting station (exaple you want to leave the 2D map view, you will return to the view where you have opened it) . Different new "go back`s" added, new key "Num /" or "POS1" now weapons officer -> identify target, new key "NUM *" or "Pause" now weapons officer -> create solution to target."

Thank you in advance, and very sorry for the disturbance, it's a very nice mod anyway.

Hello JMV,

1: Right, the most benefit is also to know how to use the cam. If in a 3D-view, i just point your view in the direction you want to go, using the mouse, while moving using the arrow keys left of the numeric pad. That allow you to move in every direction you like to. Dont turn your view with the keyboard, only use the mouse. Only move with that dedicated arrow keys left of the num pad. If you wont have those keys, bacause you are using a notebook, you could try to use the numpad arrow keys but pressing the Num-Lock key first, to disable Num-Lock. In Multiplayer, you shold know, pressing the Num-Lock key also opens the multiplayer chatline, close it again with enter.

2: Entering the Radio or Sonar station is possible by left clicking on the 3D radio or sonar man, you can also use the 2D icons by right clicking the icons. If you want to leave such a station you can do it always with the "End" Key, the "NUM 0" only works if "Num-Lock" is activated. After you have exited the radio or sonar station, the cam is positioned in a way like you have just stand up from that place, just turn the cam to that direction you want to go next using the mouse, by moving again with the arrow keys.

Also, if you are in a high dive or surface angle, it could be that exiting those stations will drag you out of sectors sometimes, or your simply not able to reach the areas infront or behind the central position, but this could also happen on a real sub :)

JMV
08-22-09, 08:30 AM
Thank you so much for your explanations, Stormfly :salute:
Believe it or not I did'nt know you could use the mouse for free viewing :oops:
I will try again when I load the game.
So, if I understand well <Num Pad 7 and 1> are of no use if I want to rise above the floor ( altitude ). I don't see how you do that with the mouse, but I will try.

Thanks again.

karamazovnew
08-25-09, 09:41 AM
Stormfly, thanks again for this mod it allowed me to finnaly understand how the free camera works and why the GWX team decided not to use one :damn:. The camera is affected by 2 things. First, the shocks controller (which unfortunately doesn't work right for external cameras) but that didn't explain why I felt moving to a weird pivot in the center of the sub. So I went into the xxx_CR.dat files and found the problem. The cameras are parented to a central node. That node acts as a circular TRIM dial. As the angle of the sub is changed, the TRIM dial reacts with the same magnitude (btw, sideways angles are not linked to the trim dial, only the longitudinal one). While this looks good as long as the camera is near that trim node, it goes through walls as you go far from it. So I've tried turning the camera itself into a trim dial. But again I've hit a problem. As the free cam moves away from it's usual position, it doesn't bring the node from the xxx_CR.dat file with it :wah:. So there's only one way to stabilise the camera, delete the TRIM dial from the camera group parent. That will make the cameras way more stable.

Stormfly
08-25-09, 09:52 AM
nice, sounds good !

...ive not to much time in the moment, would be nice if you could send me your stabilazed version :yep:

karamazovnew
08-25-09, 11:54 AM
Done, OMG it works great! I've only modified the free command room camera for the Type7. Here's how.

I've removed the Trim dial linked to the camera group parent (just delete the selected node):

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/722/crsim.jpg (http://img98.imageshack.us/i/crsim.jpg/)

But then I had to rethink the cameras.dat file. Here's a picture of how it looks now, I'll explain bit by bit.

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/390/cameras.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/i/cameras.jpg/)

You see, the camera that you actually SEE is the last Dummy_Cam node, _Dummy_Cam_InteriorFore2. You had the FreeMove linked to it so, as you moved that node, you saw through the moving cam. BUT, the MechShocks was placed above that node, in a differnent node that did not move. In other words, the pivot of the rotation stayed behind. Even with the trim dial removed, you still had weird movement. I had to reposition the nodes, remove their offset and also delete the RotationSpring node. As it is now, it works like a charm, the camera pivots on it's center, not the center of the sub, and you can see both waves action and diving angles :rock: In other words, all that you loose is the annoying vertical movement of the camera that makes you go through the roof and ceiling in the radio room.

Here's the modified files. BTW, this file is only for you Stormfly, others please don't use it, allow Stormfly to adapt it to all of the subs in his mod.
http://www.filefront.com/14393517/For_Stormfly_Only.zip

I can't wait to see what you can do with this. By the way, maybe you can do something about the Conning Deck Camera, I'd love to see the same movement as in the interior. It would look amazing standing on the bridge with a stabilised cam. :yeah:

Stormfly
08-25-09, 12:28 PM
Done, OMG it works great!

Thanks, sounds excelent !

...this is community work, all are welcome to contribute :)

Stormfly
08-25-09, 02:19 PM
ok, i looked into that... yes the cam is stable now, but you loose the interrior diving angles, they are still present (but reduced) if you look to bow direction. The problem is, if you turn your head to the stern or side, the movement of the sub goes into the same direction. I noticed, if you turn the view to the bottom, your entire torso is moving, like the center of rotation moved down, this is nice !

karamazovnew
08-25-09, 11:08 PM
You don't loose the interior diving angles. Previously you had them doubled (shocks+trim dial), before moving from the initial position, and they transformed into an up down movement as you moved away from the initial position. Go to the back of the sub and keep the camera pointed at an officer's head. Order a dive and then an emergency surface. You'll see that it moves very well by a realistic number of degrees. SUre beats the hell out of going through the ceiling :haha:.

JMV
08-26-09, 02:07 AM
Very good guys, thank you for the explanations. We'll wait to see what stormfly can do with the file you gave him Karamazovnew.

For me, all that is a bit like trying to understand Hebrew. I certainly coul'nt understand what triggers what, and have it fixed by myself .
Is there is the slight chance of reenabling commands <Num 7-1> that would be nice, but no hard feelings if It's impossible.
Thank you anyway both. :salute:

Cheapskate
08-26-09, 07:19 AM
Very good guys, thank you for the explanations. We'll wait to see what stormfly can do with the file you gave him Karamazovnew.

For me, all that is a bit like trying to understand Hebrew. I certainly coul'nt understand what triggers what, and have it fixed by myself .
Is there is the slight chance of reenabling commands <Num 7-1> that would be nice, but no hard feelings if It's impossible.
Thank you anyway both. :salute:

Yes, it will be interesting to see what comes out of Stormfly's and KMnew's collaboration.

The longitudinal instability (particularly in the RR) was my only major concern with this mod. Even in the calm water of the Navigational training mission I was being thrown in and out of the superstructure when surfaced. Underwater the movement feels slightly exaggerated but not unbearably so.

The CT camera is also unstable but again, only when surfaced.

Can't say that I noticed anything untoward with the conning deck camera. The movement up there seems entirely reasonable IMO.

Must say I can't see the point of using the numpad keys to get around. I tried this method of control when I saw your first post and nearly tied my fingers in knots! Yes, it is possible (using keys 9 and 3 for up/down) but it is horrendously difficult. Fearing the onset of RSI in the short term and maybe arthritis later in life, I decided not to practice and see if I could get used to it.

I'll settle for the mouse + up arrow key any day of the week!

All in all, I think Stormy's control system is near perfect. The Go-Backs work wonderfully well. Just using the mouse on the slideout station panel plus the officer icons and the normal dials it seems possible do nearly everything necessary to control the boat systems and communicate with the crew. To test this I managed to complete (and pass) the whole Navigational training mission while laying on the Captain's bunk :88). Bit of an extreme thing to do I know, but it does demonstrate the absence of any real failings with Stormfly's key commands.

Stormfly
08-26-09, 07:38 AM
You don't loose the interior diving angles. Previously you had them doubled (shocks+trim dial), before moving from the initial position, and they transformed into an up down movement as you moved away from the initial position. Go to the back of the sub and keep the camera pointed at an officer's head. Order a dive and then an emergency surface. You'll see that it moves very well by a realistic number of degrees. SUre beats the hell out of going through the ceiling :haha:.

...do a test please, go to the radio room using the free cam, look at the weapons officer and dive, you will see that the diving angles turn in the wrong direction. it only works correct, if your view is directed to the bow.

If it`s working correct, i did something wrong with your files... :hmmm:

JMV
08-26-09, 09:08 AM
Must have missed something. I don't get it sorry. ! :oops:
Cannot you raise from the ground and vice versa, without having to go forward up or down, or downward up or down ?

Cheapskate
08-26-09, 09:26 AM
Must have missed something. I don't get it sorry. ! :oops:
Cannot you raise from the ground and vice versa, without having to go forward up or down, or downward up or down ?

Not with the keyboard it seems.

But just try using the mouse to look round and steer. The up-arrow key is the only one you need to move.

With this combination you can spin on a sixpence and simply turn round and walk back once you have reached your destination.

JMV
08-26-09, 09:50 AM
So in F2 I'm just 1 or 1.5 meter high.
No way to look at anybody from the crew higher than his belt ???

Cheapskate
08-26-09, 10:03 AM
Just push mouse forward to look up. Use up-arrow to rise. Move mouse back slightly to level out. Then away you go. You can be any height you want to be!

Edit: Just realised: I've made these movements sound as they are completely separate from one another. They don't have to be ...the key press and mouse movements can be simultaneous, giving a more realistic impression of walking or climbing.

Stormfly
08-26-09, 11:50 AM
Just push mouse forward to look up. Use up-arrow to rise. Move mouse back slightly to level out. Then away you go. You can be any height you want to be!

Edit: Just realised: I've made these movements sound as they are completely separate from one another. They don't have to be ...the key press and mouse movements can be simultaneous, giving a more realistic impression of walking or climbing.

...holding down the crtl-button by using the mouse, enables also movment. I prefer the arrow keys simultan with the mouse.

karamazovnew
08-26-09, 01:26 PM
...do a test please, go to the radio room using the free cam, look at the weapons officer and dive, you will see that the diving angles turn in the wrong direction. it only works correct, if your view is directed to the bow.

If it`s working correct, i did something wrong with your files... :hmmm:

You're right :hmmm:. I think I know why :damn:. It's because the MechShoks noe not only moves with the FreeMove node, it also rotates with it too :damn:. But I have absolutely no idea how to fix that.

Stormfly
08-26-09, 02:18 PM
You're right :hmmm:. I think I know why :damn:. It's because the MechShoks noe not only moves with the FreeMove node, it also rotates with it too :damn:. But I have absolutely no idea how to fix that.

...what about just limiting the diving angles :hmmm:

karamazovnew
08-26-09, 05:08 PM
...what about just limiting the diving angles :hmmm:

Or a RotSpring on top of the MechShock node... :hmmm:

Stormfly
08-26-09, 06:10 PM
Or a RotSpring on top of the MechShock node... :hmmm:

why was i born as an Hamburger, and not as an Azteke :hmmm:

JohnnyBlaze
08-27-09, 12:06 PM
The video looks outstanding :up:

Could you tell me what other mods are you running on the video? I'm interested about the different looking sub interior. And the CE sounds a bit different when he says "Jawohl, Kaleun".

Or is it all included in your mod?

Will try this mod tonight when I get home.

Stormfly
08-27-09, 12:48 PM
Could you tell me what other mods are you running on the video?

VIDEO 1: (11 minutes footage with the nice 7c from WAC4.0, Testpilots realistic hat`s, Fubar crew skin`s and Oak Growe`s superior interrior,

...together in Living Silent Hunter 4.0 CSP Special Edition http://www.comsubspac.com (http://www.comsubspac.com/)

JohnnyBlaze
08-27-09, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the info!

Can I find all of them from the website you provided?

I'm running GWX3, OLC Gold MK2d and some other smaller mods. Are there any compatibility issues if I add the mods you mentioned?
Or is it possible to only get the sub interior from WAC 4? and the sounds?

I really would like to have a same looking sub interior than in your video, but I dont want to lose GWX4 and OLC mods.

Actually I didnt watch the first video. Only the one thats 16mins long.'

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated :salute:

JMV
08-27-09, 04:56 PM
To Stormfly :

I did'nt want to mention it initialy, because the Mod is in a way more important than the videos ( even though they are absolutely outstanding ).

However, I seem to have a small problem with them that spoils the pleasure ... but as nobody mentions it, it's probably coming from me.

The crew inside the boat speak like in slow motion with an accentuated bass tone, just like when you are slowing down a recording, IYSWIM , but the images themselves are going at a normal speed. :-?

I'm wondering what's causing that, as I don't get the same problem with my other .wmv videos. :hmmm:

But finish with the Mod first, this is quite accessory . :D

:salute:

Stormfly
08-27-09, 05:51 PM
The crew inside the boat speak like in slow motion with an accentuated bass tone,

hi JMV, nice to hear the videos wake some pleasure. Regarding your question, do you mean all conversation of the crew or just some parts ?

Did you use VLC player ?

JMV
08-27-09, 05:56 PM
All of it I'm afraid...

But that's not as important as the Mod itself.

Stormfly
08-27-09, 06:35 PM
All of it I'm afraid...

But that's not as important as the Mod itself.

you should use VLC Media Player, other player have problems, sometimes they play to fast or to slow...

Kptl. Knutsen
08-28-09, 08:01 AM
does anyone know where i get sergbutos free cam mod?
i cant find any working downloads on the forum or elsewhere,maybe some of you know better

JohnnyBlaze
08-28-09, 11:14 AM
Your freecam is working great. :up: Allthought I think I'm a bit sea sick after playing for a few hours.:doh:

Could you please help me out? I tried searching for the Oak Growe's superior interior mod, but couldn't find it.

Are the sounds on your second video from WAC4 mod? The "Jawohl, herr Kaleun" sounds like it's from Das Boot, right?

Thanks!

SquareSteelBar
08-28-09, 11:58 AM
does anyone know where i get sergbutos free cam mod?
i cant find any working downloads on the forum or elsewhere,maybe some of you know betterSergbuto's Free Cam Mod (http://www.sendspace.com/file/uk6ds1)

Stormfly
08-28-09, 10:52 PM
...found a good trade in solution:

- Diving angles reduced to one out of three thirds. This prevents mostly from moving through the hull, but feels still good.

- You feel the pitch by moving against it (you have to move against it, by turning the view a bit down, as in real live)

- Massinertia tweaked (cam and boat movements feels more real now, beware of seasickness)

- Bugfixes for GWX version (periscopes & UZO)

...still testing

JMV
08-29-09, 01:25 AM
You have my moral support ( as I don't know s**t about those things ) :O:

Stormfly
08-30-09, 01:20 AM
You have my moral support ( as I don't know s**t about those things ) :O:

ohh, thats also very welcome :)

UPDATE, Release of 1.2 version:

Changelog 1.2

- Diving Angles for command room ("F2") reduced by two thirds (this is mostly preventing of movement through the hull by diving or surfacing angles of the boat, a bit of counter movement is still recommended).

- Massinertia tweaked (cam and boat movements feels more real now, beware of seasickness).

- Bugfix for GWX version (Periscopes, TDC Autoupdate, UZO).

- Additional credits to Karamazovnew for support & bugfixing

Download:
http://sahraniradio.armedassault.eu/Stormy/SH3_Extended_FreeCam_1.2.rar

karamazovnew
08-30-09, 02:49 AM
Additional credits to Karamazovnew for support & bugfixing

That was a surprise... shucks :oops:

Just tested it. Absolutely amazing! The motion speed, the sub movements are all spot on. I won't play the game without it from now on :woot:

By the way I've made a small change in your file to keep my wide FOV (and differnet UZO zoom) in some screens and posted it on the main ACM Reloaded for OLC mk2 thread. One thing is important thing I've noticed is that you used a clipping distance of less than 0.1 on some cameras. :timeout: This bugs the textures in those cameras. A value of 0.1 is the best.

Stormfly
08-30-09, 09:50 AM
This bugs the textures in those cameras. A value of 0.1 is the best.

hmm, no issues here... can someone confirm ?

karamazovnew
08-30-09, 10:07 AM
hmm, no issues here... can someone confirm ?

The textures that made the problems (flickering) were labels in the Radar, Sonar and main movable command room views. It's probably just a graphics card error from the high rez fix. Anyway, changing the ClipDistance from 0.001 to 0.1 did the trick for me.

Stormfly
08-30-09, 11:30 AM
The textures that made the problems (flickering) were labels in the Radar, Sonar and main movable command room views. It's probably just a graphics card error from the high rez fix. Anyway, changing the ClipDistance from 0.001 to 0.1 did the trick for me.

hmm, gimme a favor plz, try using 0.01, it was abit late or early today :hmmm:

Stormfly
08-30-09, 02:06 PM
ok, just changed to 0.01 settings, looks good now...

1.2 version with new settings re-upped...

JMV
08-30-09, 03:17 PM
Jolly Good ! :rock:
Is link at Post #78 ok for D/L new file ?

Stormfly
08-30-09, 04:14 PM
Jolly Good ! :rock:
Is link at Post #78 ok for D/L new file ?

all links are on the current updated state :DL

JMV
08-31-09, 01:02 AM
Thanks for the reply :yeah:

jmr
09-06-09, 12:54 PM
Wow, it looks like you beat Silent Hunter V to the punch with this mod! This adds a new level of immersion that I've been yearning for awhile now.

Quick question, what sound mod are you using? I need to get my hands on that one too!

Stormfly
09-07-09, 06:32 PM
Wow, it looks like you beat Silent Hunter V to the punch with this mod! This adds a new level of immersion that I've been yearning for awhile now.

Quick question, what sound mod are you using? I need to get my hands on that one too!

ohh, i hope that SHV will feel much better, but thank you for your statement.

The sounds are part of CSP (www.comsubspac.com (http://www.comsubspac.com)) modcompilation for Living Silent Hunter v4, we use it while playing our online missions. The base of this work was created from Project Schwertfisch for SH2, where i was part of it some years ago. Many new samples got added, also quality parts from other sound compilations. Nearly all sounds got overhauled, (flitered, cuttet and mixed again) this was done over some years. Some sounds are also connected to some new functions like a more realistic torpedo launch and other things, so in it`s newest state, it is only compatible with the current modcompilation we use.

jmr
09-07-09, 10:25 PM
Is that sound mod available to everyone?

Stormfly
09-07-09, 11:44 PM
Is that sound mod available to everyone?

it is free aviable for everyone who descide to play this modcompilation, there is also a older version aviable that may work with other mods. Links for download and install instructions are aviable in our mp-forum after registering. All is still work in progress, but everyone is welcome to taste it and/or play some online missions.

Cheapskate
09-08-09, 06:01 AM
Hi Stormfly

Firstly, my belated compliments on the modifications you made to your freecam mod.

It has completely solved the instability in the Radio Room area and is a joy to use. Would not dream of being without it.

The only drawback I see at the moment is that it conflicts with Anvart's use of the Radioman in his latest RDF and Radar mods.

I would dearly love to be able to use these mods together with yours.

Is there any possibilty of making Extended Freecam compatible?

Stormfly
09-08-09, 10:26 AM
Is there any possibilty of making Extended Freecam compatible?

maybe, which exact mod do you mean, could you provide a link ?

Txema
09-08-09, 01:02 PM
maybe, which exact mod do you mean, could you provide a link ?

He is referring to these mods:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155579

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155413 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155413)

I would be also very interested in using your mod together with Anvart's mods :DL

Txema

Cheapskate
09-09-09, 07:09 AM
He is referring to these mods:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155579

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155413 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155413)

I would be also very interested in using your mod together with Anvart's mods :DL

Txema

Yes Stormfly. These were the files I had in mind. I should have have linked them in my post. Apologies :oops: and thanks to Txema :up: for remedying my omission.

Stormfly
10-13-09, 02:50 PM
As i was asked for...

this is a general "how to" that may help making Extended Freecam compatible to other mods.

Copy entire section of "[Cmd7]" out of Extended Freecam mod files "Commands_de.cfg" and/or "Commands_en.cfg" and insert it into your specific command files. (Of course, you´re also able to specify another key for that later using "setkeys.exe" tool)

Also search for all lines beginning with "GoBack=", and insert them into your specific command files.

Regarding abnormalitys in optics of OBS Persicope/Periskop/UZO/Binocluar do the following:

Open your specific "Cameras.dat" with Silent 3ditor and compare / transver
values of sections:

Node_Dummy_Cam_UZO
Optical
CameraParams

Node_Dummy_Cam_Obs_Periscope
Optical
CameraParams

Node_Dummy_Cam_Periscope
Optical
CameraParams

Node_Dummy_Cam_Binocular
Optical
CameraParams

...into Extended Freecam "Cameras.dat".

CaptainNemo12
10-14-09, 07:50 PM
I installed the mod and it works great!!! However, the "Home" and "End" keys on the number pad which raise and lower the free-cam do not work anymore... any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: btw I'm using GWX 3.0 with the included OpenHatch mod

Stormfly
10-15-09, 03:42 PM
I installed the mod and it works great!!! However, the "Home" and "End" keys on the number pad which raise and lower the free-cam do not work anymore... any ideas on how to fix this?

EDIT: btw I'm using GWX 3.0 with the included OpenHatch mod

Hi,

as i had to find additional keys for users that have no num pad (notebooks), i had to add addtional keys for functions like go_back"/"WO_identify_Target"/"WO_make_fireing_solution".

I decided to use "Home" and "End" keys for this, as i change hight by aiming the cam to the ceiling or button, by moving into that direction.

If you wont use this technic, you can use "SetKeys" to change those keys back to its original functions.

CaptainNemo12
10-15-09, 06:14 PM
Thanks, where can I get SetKeys?

SquareSteelBar
10-16-09, 04:06 AM
SetKeys 1.3 (http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c0d6b2d4103de4397f7ec40ada4772a6e04e75f6 e8ebb871)

CaptainNemo12
10-17-09, 09:35 AM
Whenever I click on the executable file for SetKeys, it gives me an error saying that the application failed to initialize properly... what gives?

CaptainNemo12
10-17-09, 10:14 AM
Nevermind, I got it working properly, turns out .Net wasnt installed on my pc. How do I change the keys back? I can't seem to find the commands for raising and lowering the free camera in the Setkeys menu

Sag75
10-17-09, 10:52 PM
Hi, thanks a lot for this mod, it works very well to me!

I've only this issue: when I click on Watch Officer I jump suddently some meters above the conning tower! Is there a fix for that? I use the GWX version.

thanks,

Stormfly
10-18-09, 06:43 AM
Hi, thanks a lot for this mod, it works very well to me!

I've only this issue: when I click on Watch Officer I jump suddently some meters above the conning tower! Is there a fix for that? I use the GWX version.

thanks,

yes, i found this bug also a week ago... have to disconnect him by also delivering the regarding customised object camera control files. It will be part of the next update.

CaptainNemo12
10-18-09, 12:25 PM
Can you also please release a version with the stock or original GWX keymaps? I can't seem to fix the camera controls with setkeys.

Thanks

Cheapskate
10-19-09, 08:27 AM
I'm wondering why you need to assign key strokes to raise and lower the freecam view?

Extended Freecam needs only one keyboard press ( the up arrow ) with simultaneous mouse movement, to raise/lower view, climb,descend etc.

supposedtobeworking
12-31-09, 12:18 PM
Is there a version of this mod compatible with OLC mods/DD Openhatch/and widescreen mod?

supposedtobeworking
01-01-10, 01:33 AM
bump

Stormfly
02-08-10, 03:13 AM
bump

hi,

sorry for not replaying to this at the moment, but iam busy creating a Carrier simulation for Arma 2 and Bennys Warfare missions @Duala.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9368

...lets wait and see what is comming with the new interriors from Flakmonkey and DivingDuck.

LiveGoat
02-08-10, 08:27 PM
This is exactly what I've been hoping to read on this board! :yeah:

...lets wait and see what is comming with the new interriors from Flatmonkey and DivingDuck.

Desga
02-10-10, 01:05 PM
Hi Stormfly I write here a problem about the Compatibility between "SH3_XPSP2_Res_Fix_for_1.4b" and "SH3 Extended FreeCam" (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=161580)

do you know something about it?

Thank for help Desga:up:

SnipersHunter
03-12-13, 07:49 AM
Have anyone a Working downloadlink for Extended FreeCam 1.2 for ACM and for Wide FOV for Extended FreeCam 1.2?

HW3
03-12-13, 08:41 AM
Here is the only one I found, it is for 1.2

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/STORMFLY9U/

User name Maik
Password Woelfe

:subsim:

Luno
05-05-13, 05:52 AM
This is a great mod, and thanks for the work you put into it!

I posted this question in the ACM gui thread, but it is more relevant here: How can I make this compatible with the Avant's flags and pennants mod?

I was able to tweak the config_en file to allow for raising the flag, but that's about it. The radio loop won't raise, and the pennants won't appear (even in port and WO on deck). Installation order doesn't affect anything.

- Edit: I finally got it to work with a lot of non-stop tweaking. If anyone is interested, I had to merge the config files for both of these mods, and I changed the pennants controls to "ctrl+p" and "shift+p", so they wouldn't overlap with the periscope raise/lower controls. I had to overlap the DF control with the pennant controls as well, but thankfully, the pennants do not appear at all at sea.

Whew!

Luno
05-08-13, 03:12 AM
Does anyone know what "viewport" under "cameraparams" in the camera.dat does?

flyer102
05-10-16, 07:03 PM
Um, I know that this might be a little late but... anyone got a working link?

ivanov.ruslan
05-10-16, 11:58 PM
There is v 1.2 http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=171019&page=24