PDA

View Full Version : Extremely SLOW download times at BTS last 2 days

Easy_Eight65
08-05-09, 04:18 PM
I'm trying to download and try out the WSM 2.0 mod for GWX 3.0 at BTS....I know it's a big file (186 Mb) but the download is taking forever. Transfer rate is like 4 Kb/sec. It's not my ISP connection, nor my PC. Is anyone else having this problem lately? More importantly: Is there another site where I can get this mod? Nothing on Subsim or Filefront that I cn see.

Easy_Eight65

Kpt. Lehmann
08-05-09, 07:37 PM
I'm trying to download and try out the WSM 2.0 mod for GWX 3.0 at BTS....I know it's a big file (186 Mb) but the download is taking forever. Transfer rate is like 4 Kb/sec. It's not my ISP connection, nor my PC. Is anyone else having this problem lately? More importantly: Is there another site where I can get this mod? Nothing on Subsim or Filefront that I cn see.

Easy_Eight65

I've seen the same slow download speeds at BtS that you are as well. (Last week anyway.)

I also had problems with DL'ing from FileFront last week, but that seems to have resolved itself without any interaction or changes made by myself.

Easy_Eight65
08-05-09, 08:20 PM
Gotcha, thanks Kpt. Lehmann -- nice to know I'm not the only one having issues with BTS -- can I DL WSM 2.0 anywhere else? I couldn't find it on Subsim. And Mickey117 said FileFront shut down his page there, so it seems BTS (where I normally have very fast downloads) is the only source right now.

Easy_Eight65

CapZap1970
08-05-09, 08:40 PM
Sorry for all the inconveniences... At this time we are running a maintenance process due to certain problems we experienced with some databe files.
We expect this laggy behaviour will be gone by Friday or Saturday.
However, the downloads page is fully functional but you might experience some lag there too untill the whole process is over: http://www.bts-mods.com/
Also, threads and posts will be restored, so don't panic if you see most of boards completely empty :yep:
Thank you very much for your patience :up:
CapZap

Easy_Eight65
08-05-09, 09:18 PM
that would explain it -- thanks for the update, CapZap1970.

Easy_Eight65

Sandman_28054
08-10-09, 02:20 AM
I have been trying to d/l Fred's radio mods for sh4 for 3 days now.

A d/l that normally would take 30 minutes, now is taking almost 5 hours.

The best d/l speed i could manage is 15.2kb/sec.

Hope this is resolved soon.

Carotio
08-10-09, 08:02 AM
Gotcha, thanks Kpt. Lehmann -- nice to know I'm not the only one having issues with BTS -- can I DL WSM 2.0 anywhere else? I couldn't find it on Subsim. And Mickey117 said FileFront shut down his page there, so it seems BTS (where I normally have very fast downloads) is the only source right now.

Easy_Eight65

Having just one source and it breaks, is just yet another reason to ask your local mod pusher to choose more than one host mirror...:03:
SHMF (http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/) ain't off the air, but then again, Mickey117 hasn't asked to have his mod hosted there either...yet? :06:

SeaWolf U-57
08-10-09, 08:23 AM

Easy_Eight65

Its not the only Source for Hosting Mods and as for File Front shutting down his page they are not the only ones who will do this if it suits.

Laufen zum Ziel
08-10-09, 06:04 PM
As far as I know there have been no problems at Subsim downloads or hosting.

Except for me screwing up an upload once in a while. The more host the better. No mod should ever become lost.:up:

SeaWolf U-57
08-10-09, 06:07 PM
As far as I know there have been no problems at Subsim downloads or hosting.

Except for me screwing up an upload once in a while. The more host the better. No mod should ever become lost.:up:

you do a good job :up:
as you say the more the merrier :salute: