PDA

View Full Version : [REL] Midway Career Start

peabody
07-31-09, 04:24 PM
At the request of Lt Cmdr Lare, I have written a Career Start for Midway. It uses the same missions and subs that would be assigned if you were sailing from Pearl Harbor. (I did not have time to rewrite new mission for it.)

Copy to your MODs folder and enable with JSGME. It overwrites the "CareerStart.upc" and the "Flotillas.upc" so will conflict with any mods that make changes to these files.

I did not have time to test every sub in every Career start date, so report any errors you run into. Date and sub used would be helpful to debug.

It is uploaded in the SH4/Gameplay Mods section of Subsim.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1270&act=down

Free with no restriction on use. If you use it in another MOD a credit is not necessary but would be appreciated.

Peabody

donut
07-31-09, 04:57 PM
You the man:yeah: Work w/ TMO 1.8 ?

Lt commander lare
07-31-09, 05:05 PM
i dont think so because tmo changes the files that would conflict with this mod but im not absolutley sure on it but im almost positive that you would get a ctd if you use this in tmo v1.8

lt commander lare

Lt commander lare
07-31-09, 05:07 PM
and thanks again peabody for this and for everyone here that has helped me its much appreciated i will be gone all day tomorrow family reunion so will be back on on sunday take care until then happy hunting and good shooting

lt commander lare

peabody
07-31-09, 05:14 PM

I do not have TMO. Check the MOD:

Data/UPCData/UPCCampaignData

If there is are Careerstart.upc and Flotilla.upc files in that folder then this will overwrite them, so it will not work. It was written for stock. I did not have a lot of time to do this right now, so I just did it quickly. It can be made to work with any MODs but it would take some time.

Peabody

Webster
07-31-09, 07:04 PM
does this mod change your home port location to midway too or is it just to let you start from midway but you must still return to the stock home port location for damage repairs or ending mission?

peabody
07-31-09, 07:13 PM
does this mod change your home port location to midway too or is it just to let you start from midway but you must use the stock home port?

Webster,

Home port is Midway (even the tilted anchor), you can still transfer to another port just like any other port.
But just for the sake of time, I used all the missions Objective codes from Pearl, I didn't have time to rewrite missions specifically for Midway. But the missions would probably be about the same anyway, due to the location.

Peabody

Webster
07-31-09, 07:26 PM
great, :yeah:

AVGWarhawk
07-31-09, 07:34 PM

TMO starts you at Midway already:hmmm:

clayp
07-31-09, 07:50 PM
Great work Peabody...:yeah::up::sunny:

donut
07-31-09, 10:59 PM
No tilted anchor, Why drive to Pearl ? Although this should become available after battle of Midway.

Armistead
08-01-09, 03:55 AM
I believe TMO starts you at Midway. I always start at Manila, but I think RSRD with TMO will start you back at Pearl, but later it docks you at Midway.

seaplate hitman
08-21-09, 09:32 PM
i use the original game and i add the files to the right place.but the start port is pearl harbor. please tell me what something wrong is up?

keltos01
08-22-09, 03:04 AM

yeah but then you have to use the super mod, this option allows you to use stock.

keltos

peabody
08-22-09, 09:30 PM
i use the original game and i add the files to the right place.but the start port is pearl harbor. please tell me what something wrong is up?

Did you enable it with JSGME?

After you select "American Career" you will see a screen with date and base. Where you see "Pearl Harbor" click the arrow to the right and a list of bases will show and pick "Midway"

Peabody

seaplate hitman
08-24-09, 08:15 AM
Many thanks for your kindly help.i find the midway base !thank you again !sir!