PDA

View Full Version : Graphic problem: no clouds in GWX3, always blue sky

Traianus
07-24-09, 06:54 AM
Hello, dear Subsimusers,
I have a large problem with the gwx mod 2 and 3, perhaps you knew a solution or others had also the problem. I always see blue sky:sunny: and never, never a cloud. I can hear the wethersounds. I installed it like recommanded and didn't use an other mod, but it's always like this:damn:. BUT if I delete GWX and play the normal Silent Hunter 3 there is wether and clouds, like it shoud be.:o In addition I have to say, that I play on a notebook and vista, but if this is a problem with the graphiccard of the notebook, why did it works well on normal silent hunter III and not with gwx:06:?

thanks for all answers
traian

Contact
07-24-09, 08:53 AM
This is sick. One complains about too much rain in sh3 another complains about too much sun in GWX. Wtf some of you ppl want ? I bet soon somebody will start questioning why there is so much water in the ocean right ? :damn:

Traianus
07-24-09, 09:04 AM
Thank you for your answer,
but no, thats not the point.
The point is: that there is ONLY and everywhere and all time blue sky, sometimes with sound of storm. That seems not to bee intended, I think?

Contact
07-24-09, 09:14 AM
Thank you for your answer,
but no, thats not the point.
The point is: that there is ONLY and everywhere and all time blue sky, sometimes with sound of storm. That seems not to bee intended, I think?

Ok, sound of storm as an exterior sound can be heard inside the u-boat if you do alt+tab from a game and then back. It's an old good-known issue.

For the weather as far as I know the weather can change sligtly or heavily in 24 hours game time, or even no change at all. If you do often save and reload your game the weather in game will stay the same as before you made a save for 24 hours more and so on. So if you wish to see more different weather, try not to make often saves, this should help.

Task Force
07-24-09, 09:19 AM
Maby it will go away after you finish your patrol.:yep:

Traianus
07-24-09, 09:20 AM
Ok, sound of storm as an exterior sound can be heard inside the u-boat if you do alt+tab from a game and then back. It's an old good-known issue.

For the weather as far as I know the weather can change sligtly or heavily in 24 hours game time, or even no change at all. If you do often save and reload your game the weather in game will stay the same as before you made a save for 24 hours more and so on. So if you wish to see more different weather, try not to make often saves, this should help.

Ok, thanks a lot for your rapid answers! I'll try your recommandations:)

Task Force
07-24-09, 09:21 AM
Oah yea... lol, and as always welcome to subsim.:up: I myself get a similar issue to this... but its just rain and storms... lol

Traianus
07-24-09, 09:27 AM
Oh thanks, such kindly forum-community is realy nice! :up:

Contact
07-24-09, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92C7Vc-7ChE

Task Force
07-24-09, 09:32 AM
so idiouts do exist.:rotfl:

Flying Dutchman
08-03-09, 01:40 PM
I have exactly the same problem, no clouds or fog in the game at any time; though it is stormy sea, there is lightning and it sounds like a hell of a storm out there. :hmmm:
Also, the officer outside reports fog and clouds though he is staring at the sun or the stars.
And when its raining, the rain is only visible on the sea-graphics and not in the sky-graphics (that show only clear skies).

Clean SH3 install, updated, installed GWX3 and started playing... no other mods present. No mid-patrol saves and alt-tabbing didnt help either.
(Windows XP, ATI Radeon 3600 with latest drivers installed)

Anybody who could help me with this? Thnx in advance!