PDA

View Full Version : I would like to be a modder...

Lopo
07-20-09, 03:51 PM
... and make a little mod if it is possible.
Can someone help me telling which files have to be changed if I want to prevent young Kaleuns from using their periscopes at flank speed. I believe but I not sure if you take up your periscope at such speed he will take serious damage and he will be definitely broken for the patrol. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

rs77
07-20-09, 04:21 PM
this is very interesting idea :yeah:

I wonder if it's possible to disable the switches for raising scopes in GUI when the speed of the boat reaches certain value :hmmm:

Madox58
07-20-09, 04:27 PM
I can't think of any easy way to do this at the moment.
:hmmm:

I'm not even sure there is a hard way to do it.

But if you want to mod?
Just play with the files.
You'll learn as you go.
Everybody does.

rs77
07-20-09, 04:41 PM
does anything in the GUI depend on the boat speed ? I can't remember anything like this at the moment :hmmm:

Lopo you got a PM ;)

Kpt. Lehmann
07-21-09, 12:42 AM
I wish we could do the same with Snorkels. They should not be used above 5-6 knots as in real life due to structural limitations.

We've looked into such things during the development of GWX... and found no way to make it a 'reality.'

rs77
07-21-09, 01:14 AM
or maybe it would be possible to 'damage' the scopes/snorkel when raised above 6 knots :hmmm:

Lopo
07-21-09, 03:05 AM
I wish we could do the same with Snorkels. They should not be used above 5-6 knots as in real life due to structural limitations.

We've looked into such things during the development of GWX... and found no way to make it a 'reality.'

Well, if GWX team has already tried to mod that... I'm without hope.
Will still look at.

evan82
07-21-09, 10:41 AM
Can someone help me telling which files have to be changed if I want to prevent young Kaleuns from using their periscopes at flank speed. I believe but I not sure if you take up your periscope at such speed he will take serious damage and he will be definitely broken for the patrol. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

I think this is not possible. But everyone can change some things in SH3. S3D is a great and very nice tool. I take "more food" on my patrol:
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1507/morefood.png
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/8619/morefood1.png
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1849/morefood2.png
:salute:

skwasjer
07-21-09, 06:58 PM
Use a statemachineclass controller to inflict damage on the snorkel/scope when a certain speed is reached or order is given... (something like make it trigger a particlegenerator that spawns exploding (inaudible) invisible objects near the scope/snorkel), it might actually show up on the damage screen...!

Not sure if this works, but just an idea... :yeah:

People don't realize it but the statemachineclass controller was finally completely debugged by me in december last year and it's the most powerfull controller the game has to offer in terms of interactivity and scriptability depending on events, orders, the state of the crew (panic/silent/normal/in harbor) etc...

You can do a ton of things with it, like adding interior damage effects (pipes breaking, start or stop sounds and animations, etc), but also in the exterior it can be used.

Read more here (and do some searches for other related posts):

http://forum.kickinbak.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1184&p=11477&hilit=statemachineclass#p11477

I never fully documented how it works, but take a look at the stock files, and you can get a rough idea of how the game actually deals with events... It's a difficult controller to work with, but once you get the hang of it... ;) It's how I implemented animated fans stopping/starting when under attack or when submerging or when above a certain speed (although I have not finished it due to time constraints)

TigerShark808
07-21-09, 07:12 PM

Thanks

It reminds me of a sub game I played years back, I think it was Aces of the Deep, not sure..But the periscope was destroyed if you left it extended as you decended . Or just destroyed if you moved forward at any speed above "AHEAD SLOW" while submerged.

Very annoying. I was glad this game didn't include that annoyance when I purchased it.

Lopo
07-21-09, 07:33 PM
Use a statemachineclass controller to inflict damage on the snorkel/scope when a certain speed is reached or order is given... (something like make it trigger a particlegenerator that spawns exploding (inaudible) invisible objects near the scope/snorkel), it might actually show up on the damage screen...!

Not sure if this works, but just an idea... :yeah:

People don't realize it but the statemachineclass controller was finally completely debugged by me in december last year and it's the most powerfull controller the game has to offer in terms of interactivity and scriptability depending on events, orders, the state of the crew (panic/silent/normal/in harbor) etc...

You can do a ton of things with it, like adding interior damage effects (pipes breaking, start or stop sounds and animations, etc), but also in the exterior it can be used.

Read more here (and do some searches for other related posts):

http://forum.kickinbak.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=1184&p=11477&hilit=statemachineclass#p11477

I never fully documented how it works, but take a look at the stock files, and you can get a rough idea of how the game actually deals with events... It's a difficult controller to work with, but once you get the hang of it... ;) It's how I implemented animated fans stopping/starting when under attack or when submerging or when above a certain speed (although I have not finished it due to time constraints)

Well, this is very interesting. Now, I have a lot of ideas and a lot of readings before do anything. Héhé, I'm starting from zero...
Thank you for help.