PDA

View Full Version : GWX weird bug

floundericiousWA
07-17-09, 10:14 AM
I tried searching for this and got nowhere (I think the terms are too generic so I get hundreds of hits on all kinds of things)...

I just attacked a convoy in a type VIIB uboat. I was gliding in ahead of the convoy's track, looking through the attack periscope and had to pause the game for a second. When I came back, the entire bar across the bottom of the screen (the one which has, left to right, the officers, speed, direction, depth, time and game speed) was just gone. It was not there anymore. It wasn't just invisible, I tried clicking around near it and wasn't getting any changes. The ship identification book still showed up, but the command bar was gone.

I tried going external view and back to internal, log book and back to periscope, pausing, accessing the options menu, etc. I went to the map and the map controls on the left and top sides of the screen were all there and working.

I also noticed that the words "game paused" would not appear when the game was paused.

Any thoughts?

FWIW, I will check it out again later... as usual, I saved right before committing to the attack :up:. I saved, on the surface, and the problem occured maybe two or three minutes later as I approached underwater.

It's a shame, too...I still managed to put a fish into a V&W DD and left him limping around at 5kts with his butt low in the water. It was a promising opening! :arrgh!:

flakmonkey
07-17-09, 10:23 AM
sure you didnt press (numpad) del by accident as that will hide the gui.

floundericiousWA
07-17-09, 10:35 AM
sure you didnt press (numpad) del by accident as that will hide the gui.

I'm pretty sure it was an artifact, but I'll experiment with that, thanks!

I noticed that when I went to the attack map, I saw a wallpaper image of two boots and I could click and drag the image of the two boots all over the screen...so that's what got my suspicion up about it being a fault.

floundericiousWA
08-07-09, 04:17 PM
sorry, just to close this out, flakmonkey was 100% right...I accidentally hit the "UI Off" button...after that, all kinds of weird graphical things could happen...but I was able to repeat it and, more importantly, get the UI back!!!

thanks again!

Jimbuna
08-08-09, 06:00 AM
SINK EM ALL!! http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

Doolar
08-11-09, 04:36 PM
If I was to hide the GUI by hitting the (numpad) del. key . Can it be restored or turned back on by hitting the (numpad) del. key a second time ? thanx Jerry

TarJak
08-11-09, 06:39 PM
Yes it is a toggle key that switches between GUI on/off states.

Laufen zum Ziel
08-14-09, 02:40 PM
Yes it is a toggle key that switches between GUI on/off states.

Thank you. I did not know that one. Makes screen shots look better.