PDA

View Full Version : Men@Work clothing mod compatible with...

Murr44
07-16-09, 09:22 PM
Is the Men@Work clothing mod compatible with the GWX - No Medals on Crew mod? I'm asking because I installed both mods with JSGME & I got a message saying that the Rank_Deco_ND tga file of one mod was being overwritten by the same file in the other mod. I had enabled the Men@Work mod first, then the GWX - No Medals on Crew mod. When the game loaded I saw that the officers were wearing the clothes that I'd chosen but were also wearing the unwanted rank shoulderboards. When I enabled the Men@Work mod alone the shoulderboards were gone (desired result). Kpt. Lehmann said in another thread that I had to enable the "No Medals on Crew" mod if I didn't want to see medals on the crew.

Sorry if this seems tedious but what do I have to do to use the Men@Work mod and still have my crew not wearing medals on patrol.

Thanks.

Kpt. Lehmann
07-17-09, 12:40 AM
Hi Murr44,

First enable the "Men @ Work" mod... then enable the "No medals on crew" mod. Just make sure you do it in that order.

:up::up::up:

Murr44
07-17-09, 12:26 PM
Hi Murr44,

First enable the "Men @ Work" mod... then enable the "No medals on crew" mod. Just make sure you do it in that order.

:up::up::up:

Hi Kpt.Lehmann: Here's what I did. I enabled the mods in this order:

1) Men@Work
2) GWX - No Medals on crew
3) Floppy Cap fix (affects IWO & CE)

JSGME reported that the Rank_Deco_ND file in Men@Work would be overwritten by the same file in GWX - No medals on crew & asked me if I wanted to proceed. I said alright and Men at Work was then greyed out. When I loaded my game my officers were wearing the clothes that I picked out but they also had shoulderboards (which looked really out of place on civvy shirts & pullovers). What I can't figure out is how to use both mods together without getting those **** boards on my officers!:damn: They don't appear if I only use Men@Work (& the Floppy Cap fix).

Again sorry if this seems tedious but I spent a fair bit of time getting the Men@Work final mod (I'm on slow poke dial up) the other day and I want to solve this irritating problem.

Thanks for your time & patience...:)

Madox58
07-18-09, 04:57 PM
If the medals and such don't appear when useing the
Men at work mod?
Why enable the GWX-No medals mod?

From looking at the files,
you should not need the GWX optional mod.

Murr44
07-18-09, 10:19 PM
If the medals and such don't appear when useing the
Men at work mod?
Why enable the GWX-No medals mod?

From looking at the files,
you should not need the GWX optional mod.

Makes sense to me. I'll try that and see what happens. I know that I've been asking a lot of questions about this but it's for a good reason; I know virtually nothing about the game files & I hate when I mess something up.:damn:

Thanks for your help...:)

Madox58
07-18-09, 11:23 PM
That is how we all learn.
:DL
Ask questions.
And if you are asking?
How many others need the same answer
but were afraid to ask?
:hmmm:

Sailor Steve
07-19-09, 03:56 PM
I'm a different category altogether - I would probably have installed them all...and never thought to ask.:damn:

Murr44
07-20-09, 03:03 PM
Some more questions:

I have the officers clothing part of the mod figured out (easy enough) now how do I get my 3-D NCO's & enlisted men to wear different shirts? It looks kind of strange having the officers wearing civilian shirts while the NCO's & EM's (enlisted men) wear KM fatigues. I tried putting everyone in civvy clothes yesterday and while the officers worked out well, I ended up with several NCO's & EM's wearing the same shirt!:eek: I know that the clothing TGA's for the officers go in the OFF folder (1st through 4th slots). Do the NCO & EM clothing TGA's go in the POS folder (I would think that they do) & in what order?

Thanks again for your time & patience...:)