PDA

View Full Version : [REL]Mikhayls Playable S-boot 1.7 for GWX 3.0

asanovic7
07-16-09, 01:15 PM
Well..

Here it is..
Without readme, because I will try to explain everything here and/or because like 20% people reads them and they in fact know allready what to do..

This is a beta version because of these reasons:

1. When you are selecting flotilla on the campaign screen, positions of flotillas are wrong placed. I think only puritans will object to that, because it is irrelevant, but I apologize anyway. If you object, do it yourself. It's data/menu/cfg/flotillas.cfg.
2. There is no certainty everything will work like it should, so you have to try and ofcourse report everything
3. I am not shure if I did good job on renown, I made something similar to gwx's, test it
4. Again for the puritans, 3d flotilla is the last although should be in the middle :)
5. Sometimes you will start in boulogne or some other kanal port and you will get ostsee target or something. A leftover. Only for puritans, if you start in kanal, it could say moon, what do you care, kanal is for you, you don't get renown anyway. If you do care, it can be easily fixed. :O:

Ok, now what you get:

Mikhayl's 7 schnell boots and 5 flotillas.
The mod is divided in 6 parts:

1. Sh3 commander files. Well, some stuff like sboot numbers don't work like supposed. Don't use realistic crew option or randomised events.
2. AI boats - AI s7 and s100
3. GWX campaign files along with AI s-38
4. GWX st. nazaire add on campaign together with AI s-38 replacing stock schnellboot
5. The mod itself with some additions just to see if it functions
6. emblems - template and one example for graphic talents

Ok, why like this?
Because, you can enable ai boats and then one of the campaign options to play the "usual" GWX without the sboot mod. Like a mod in mod.. One more thing, two campaigns differ, there is not any favorite to me :88)

Other than that, it's all more or less fairly obvious.. :|\\

The boats are:
2a-s7
2d-s14
7b-s26
7c-s38
9b-s38b
9c-s100
9d2-s700

No pics, you just have to download it to see it. My favorite is s-7 with the mast. :arrgh!: Nevermind they kill me, it is kinda cool to cruise and listen to that old music.. Sorry for the big size.. :timeout:

Unfortunately, smoke screen is here but it is more as a eyecandy for those of you with better machines. We just couldn't break out yet those IR sensors game uses so far. But, there is always hope. Privateer stated he has some ideas, patience is a quality.. :rotfl:Smoke screen is activated with j or with an icon from one of your officers(look for it, sherlock :O:).. I made some alterations to sim.cfg regarding terminator capabilities of the ships, report if it is still hard or is it easy..

But first..
Try out some onwater single missions, then campaign and then report..

You can download it here:

http://www.filefront.com/14055383/SBMOD17.7z

Just FYI, my page on filefront is:
http://www.filefront.com/user/asanovic7

p.s. you can also find on my download page rcbsh4effectssboot file that assures compatibility between the obvious mods.. If you use them..

Credits go to:
- all sh3 community, it is the best community playing the best submarine simulation in the world, :O:
- ubisoft for the game and the beautiful sdk that allows us to make this game perfect :O:
- nautilus42 a.k.a. trainer1942 for some of his work that is included in the mod
- skwasjer who amazes me everytime I use silent3deditor :salute:
- especially to mikhayl who decided to not tan this summer just for you people.. :rotfl:Well, europeans know allready it was a s..y weather last couple of weeks, but now it's ok..

Cheers!!!

And happy summer to everyone..

asanovic7
07-16-09, 01:23 PM
one for the money

regarding scenery.. You can use olc's olce2 but WITHOUT OLC gui special.. Mikhayl made sboot version of his acm gui mod..

and this time a song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8FXuvuCCxw&feature=related

Letum
07-17-09, 06:47 PM
Woo! Thanks!

Madox58
07-18-09, 02:43 PM
Just downloaded this.

I'll use the files to test the working smoke screen ideas.
:03:

And test the new gun.
:o

linerkiller
07-20-09, 06:29 AM
Ouff!! Finally I could grab it too. Thank you Asanovic for the good work!:salute:

Task Force
07-20-09, 06:31 AM
Nice stuff...:yeah:

linerkiller
07-21-09, 12:47 AM
Yesterday evening i tried it, but I had some problems and I had to reinstall sh3:damn:. My question was: Is that compatible with shipping packs like Community units or MFM? And to install with JSME we have to follow the numeric progression ( 1-2-3-4 ecc) alright?

And then another (possible) issue...I started a career in 1939 in kiel, and the boat number was not displayed. Is that OK??:shifty:

Thanks!

linerkiller
07-21-09, 06:20 AM
Hi LK, can't really say, and Marko is in his exams and stuff at the moment :)
I suppose the mod is compatible with MFM and Community ships but since those have issues of their own maybe it's not wise to have them all at the same time. I remember I could never play a stable game when I had community ships installed with GWX for example.

About the boat numbers, if you mean it's absent from menu texts then it's not normal, but there's no individual numbers on the boats.
Forget what I've said regarding boat numbers...my mistake!:88)
But I still have loading problems...the game crashes at the end of the loading...just before the "not so long ago" message. Probably i have a wrong JSGME order:
Sh3+ GWX2.1 as basis
-GWX 2.1 minor fixes 26 april
-S-Boot mod (latest)
-RB sh4 effects for sh3 v7.1
-rcbsh4effectssboot file
-MFM 4.1
-Torpedo damage final v2.0

Anybody here had a similar problem?

A6Intruder
07-21-09, 11:17 AM
Yes!
I got CTD`s in Kiel, Helgoland and Ca...(Southern Italy). It worked one time from Ostende.:cry: The rest i did not try until now. I tried under a clean GWX3 Installation.
Best regards.

nfitzsimmons
07-21-09, 01:46 PM
I get a 404 error at the FileFront download link.

linerkiller
07-22-09, 12:37 AM
Yes!
I got CTD`s in Kiel, Helgoland and Ca...(Southern Italy). It worked one time from Ostende.:cry: The rest i did not try until now. I tried under a clean GWX3 Installation.
Best regards.
I tried with a brand new GWX 2.1 installation...it should not differ:shifty:

Graf Paper
07-22-09, 05:53 AM
There is enough difference between GWX 2.1 and 3.0 that this mod will cause you problems.

After all, this update was started precisely because the old S-Boot mod, that worked fine with 2.1, was buggy in 3.0.

linerkiller
07-22-09, 06:30 AM
There is enough difference between GWX 2.1 and 3.0 that this mod will cause you problems.

After all, this update was started precisely because the old S-Boot mod, that worked fine with 2.1, was buggy in 3.0.

Yes, but A6Intruder has my same problem also running GWX 3.0!!!:hmmm:

A6Intruder
07-22-09, 11:32 AM
Yes, but A6Intruder has my same problem also running GWX 3.0!!!:hmmm:

Thats right and i have to point it out: Without any other Mod!!.
GWX 3.0 works fine from Kiel with IIa but not with an S-Boat.:06:
Best regards

Graf Paper
07-22-09, 11:49 PM
Huh! :huh:

I guess I missed that part. My bad, A6. :-?

I'll load this mod up tonight and give her a few runs to see if I get the same results.

linerkiller
07-23-09, 08:20 AM
boys...i think we could resist some more days...marko is busy with his real life now, but i'm sure that he will solve all our problems with the mod very soon.

A6Intruder
07-23-09, 11:17 AM
I hope so!
Btw: I love your Sig!:salute:
Best regards

asanovic7
07-24-09, 08:55 AM
Yes!
Best regards.

Why so cheerful yes? :rotfl:

I will try it today.. It doesn't suppose to crack.. ??
Thanks, S, for discovering such crucial faults..

Numbers? Beta..

About mfm.. Sorry, guys, but even though those ships are beautiful I don't believe they can withstand the pressure of starting a campaign with gwx3.0 in a matter of speaking like :doh:

Task Force
07-24-09, 08:58 AM
Darn... I get cdt everytime now... guess Im gonna have to reinstall SH3/GWX.

asanovic7
07-24-09, 10:29 AM
Darn... I get cdt everytime now... guess Im gonna have to reinstall SH3/GWX.
Hum hum.. anyone having these kind of problems?

A6Intruder
07-24-09, 11:18 AM
Why so cheerful yes? :rotfl:

Not cheerfull. Only the awnser on linerkillers question:hmmm:
Best regards:salute:

asanovic7
07-25-09, 10:36 AM
Kidding, S! :rotfl:

Yep, ctd is true with "blank" GWX.. But, it works with sh3commander files.. Well, I am to blame, I pretty much use sh3commander always when I turn up campaign, so forgot to test with "pure" version..
Sorry!

So, please, people, use sh3commander until I figure out what I dorkstar galactically speaking fracked up..

and yes, I have a hard hangover, so it will last.. :rotfl:

Cheers!

Sag75
07-25-09, 10:50 PM
Hi!

I have CTD too!! :wah:

using GWX3 w/o any mods.

Easy_Eight65
07-27-09, 11:53 PM
Per your request, I'm posting some in-game issues I have experienced -- hope these can be resolved easily -- otherwise having a blast with this excellent mod!

Easy_Eight65

Issues:

1. Unable to update my SH3Cmder Personnel File - getting error pop-up: "invalid argument to date encode" (not using realistic crew options or randomised events per your instructions)

2. CTD when starting career In Kiel, 1st Flotilla (1939). Also CTD when starting a career In Helgoland, 2nd Flotilla (1940). *Finally able to successfully start my current career in Cherbourg, 4th Flotilla (1941)...which is too bad because I reallly wanted to try out the early S-class boats (i.e. the S-7) that are no longer available in 1941.

3. "Next Patrol Grid" is always set to '0' (zero) in the SH3Cmder launch screen. Are there orders that are specially scripted for s-boot campaigns? If so, they are failing to load in my SH3Cmder. Am I supposed to manually choose a grid?

4. I consistently get killed due to "hull pressure" when transiting rough, choppy seas (even with crew in Damage Control). Is this a bug? If so, is there a fix for it? I haven't seen anything in the forums about this issue -- somewhat frustrating since the real s-boots were designed to hold up easily in these extreme sea states.

5. No matter what emblem I select at the in-base upgrade screen, the image consistently appears extremely enlarged and fractured in-game -- rendered and divided into large pieces on the starboard, port and stern of the s-boot.

6. Last, a somewhat subjective question: taste and mod preference differ from player to player, I know...but would you (or anyone) mind posting some sound, graphic and gameplay mods that you feel would enhance or compliment v1.7 playable s-boot mod experience in GWX 3.0? A short list of "don't enable" mods would be helpful too in order to clarify which tweaks, mod fixes, etc. are out-dated and no longer compatible with the most current version of Playable S-boot.

linerkiller
07-28-09, 12:51 AM
Per your request, I'm posting some in-game issues I have experienced -- hope these can be resolved easily -- otherwise having a blast with this excellent mod!

Easy_Eight65

Issues:

1. Unable to update my SH3Cmder Personnel File - getting error pop-up: "invalid argument to date encode" (not using realistic crew options or randomised events per your instructions)

2. CTD when starting career In Kiel, 1st Flotilla (1939). Also CTD when starting a career In Helgoland, 2nd Flotilla (1940). *Finally able to successfully start my current career in Cherbourg, 4th Flotilla (1941)...which is too bad because I reallly wanted to try out the early S-class boats (i.e. the S-7) that are no longer available in 1941.

3. "Next Patrol Grid" is always set to '0' (zero) in the SH3Cmder launch screen. Are there orders that are specially scripted for s-boot campaigns? If so, they are failing to load in my SH3Cmder. Am I supposed to manually choose a grid?

4. I consistently get killed due to "hull pressure" when transiting rough, choppy seas (even with crew in Damage Control). Is this a bug? If so, is there a fix for it? I haven't seen anything in the forums about this issue -- somewhat frustrating since the real s-boots were designed to hold up easily in these extreme sea states.

5. No matter what emblem I select at the in-base upgrade screen, the image consistently appears extremely enlarged and fractured in-game -- rendered and divided into large pieces on the starboard, port and stern of the s-boot.

6. Last, a somewhat subjective question: taste and mod preference differ from player to player, I know...but would you (or anyone) mind posting some sound, graphic and gameplay mods that you feel would enhance or compliment v1.7 playable s-boot mod experience in GWX 3.0? A short list of "don't enable" mods would be helpful too in order to clarify which tweaks, mod fixes, etc. are out-dated and no longer compatible with the most current version of Playable S-boot.
Hi Easy_Eight65
I have not played with the mod yet, but i know how to fix some of your issues.

1- i dont know...i never used sh3 cmdr with s-boot:88)
2-I still have to play with the mod because of game crashes:88):88) Asanovic is trying to fix the problems. but I hope that early boats could be chosen also in the late years!:wah: I love early boats too!
3-S-boot mod uses a different patrol system. Don't set any patrol grid!
4--Asanovic must have already fixed this issue also in prevous releases...do you use something like sh3 cmdr options for double waves or a olc mod not supported by s-boot?
5-If you want a emblem, do it yourself following Asanovic's instructions for doing that (first post of the thread:know:). DO NOT use already existing emblems They don't work. again this is explained in the first page of the thread.
happy hunting

Easy_Eight65
07-28-09, 11:19 AM
Mikhayl: many thanks for your reply -- especially the helpful targetting info you posted on making torpedo runs -- terrific stuff. Just sank BB Warspite with two torps at 2800 meters (at night) off the SW coast of Ireland -- an incredibly lucky kill, I know (I must have hit one of the gun magazines...dejavu HMS Hood, anyone?) so I will adjust my tactical SOP accordingly for more consistent tonnage. Looking forward to v2.0 of the Beta!

Another question: do the 1.7 playable s-boot skins change with each new upgrade? I assume I should not apply any of the skins modded for GWX 2.1 that are posted at BTS -- correct?

LK: also many thanks for your reply -- re: hull pressure death -- no, I'm not using any OLC mods except "improved searchlight beams". Is there another recommended OLC mod that I can use in GWX 3.0 for playable s-boot? Anyway, I'll take a look at the wave option info in SH3 Cmdr and reduce accordingly -- I think this will save me from aborting many future missions in bad weather and forcing to RTB....damn Kanal weather.

Regarding boot emblems - I have virtually no experience with modding, but I did some research and found that 4th Flotilla s-boots used the "stalking Black Panther" emblem -- so I'll tinker with something in the template via Asanovic's instructions and post it in the workshop forum if it comes out OK.

Re: Patrol grids -- so do I leave the default setting at zero? I actually set coordinates myself before last patrol -- no problems (as far as I know and got credit credit in the mission log for reaching / completing my patrol). Would it be logical to assume that I'll get renown for this if I enable the new GWX "renown replacement" mod?

Easy_Eight65
07-28-09, 12:29 PM
I know this isn't exactly a photo thread but...

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/Easy_Eight65/HMSRodneyandHMSWarpsitesightedby-1.jpg?t=1248800989

WO: "HMS Rodney and HMS Warspite sighted - initiate torpedo run!"

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/Easy_Eight65/HMSWarspitesunkbyS-65Jan1941-1.jpg?t=1248801201

Torpedo impact! Torpedo impact! -- HMS Warspite sunk by S-65 for 36,000+ GRT. Lt. z. S. Bödke awarded Knights Cross, 2nd Class. Promoted to Oberleutnant.

Lucky shot? Absolutely! Dejavu HMS Hood, anyone? I must have hit a magazine store...chilling. See Mikhayl's recent post to this thread for recommended tactical SOP re: torpedo attacks.

Easy_Eight65
07-28-09, 12:55 PM
Hi LK:

Can't find the post you were referring to...but I opened my SH3 Cmdr and see that my "Set Wave Height" option is unselected. Here are all the choices:

Standard (1.0x)
1.25x
1.5x
Double (2.0x)
Seasonal

So my question is: what option do I choose to avoid capsizing my s-boot and joining Davy Jones in his locker -- Standard (1.0x)? Seasonal?

Easy_Eight65

Easy_Eight65
07-28-09, 01:37 PM
it's already been done in GWX 2.1 (below). Looks great! So Mikhayl --begging the obvious question: where do I find this emblem? (Did I miss it in the upgrades screen?) And if it was designed for GWX 2.1, will it work for Playbale S-boot v1.7 in GWX 3.0?

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2365/sh3img92200815223718sy7.jpg

Easy_Eight65
07-28-09, 06:32 PM
...guess I answered my own question: the older s-boot emblems do not in fact work in v.1.7 / GWX 3.0. Can anyone tell me where I can find Asanovic's s-boot template instructions? Can't find anything in the forum threads for the life of me. Thanks.

Easy_Eight65

linerkiller
07-29-09, 12:39 AM
First of all, congratulation for sinking the battleship...i never managed to bag a warship bigger than a heavy cruiser with the Schnellboot.:salute:
Second: Asanovic explains the methods of making personal emblems in the "Emblems" section of his latest download. If you follows well the instructions, the emblems will show also in the stern of the boat:yeah:
then, about sh3 cmdr files, i would set Standard 1x option...report if that works.
Good hunting:arrgh!:!
LK

Easy_Eight65
07-30-09, 08:05 AM
Thanks, LK. Re: Warspite sinking -- an early career boost...probably a once-in-a-career opportunity as well.

I'm happy to report that my "hull pressure death" issue seems to be fixed by setting the wave height to standard (1.0x) in SH3 Cmdr. -- many thanks!

And yes - you warned me not to set a patrol grid in playable s-boot, I know. But I did and it totally screwed up my SH3 cmder files on my next patrol...luckily, it corrected itself when I finished the mission and reset itself to grid 0. So, for anyone else who is reading this post: DO NOT SET A PATROL GRID!

Re: 1.7 S-BOOT emblems -- Asanovic7's two latest downloads are "SBMOD17" and "rcbsh4effectssboot17" -- there is nothing in the read-me text files for either of these downloads that says anything about how to custom build s-boot emblems for playable s-boot v1.7...just the emblem example and template (in SBMOD17) -- but no instructions that I can see. Perhaps you could cut, paste and post them to the thread -- that would be great.

Also, I enabled Mikhayl's awesome-looking Luftwaffe Buoys but the scripted campaign file in SH3 Editor wants to overwrite the Scr.mis file I enabled for VonDos ships (which are now scripted into my campaign) -- is there anyway around this? I'd like to script the LBs but not at the expense of losing my scripted VonDos ship routes. BTW, what does scripting the LBs do? Create downed pilot rescue scenarios? (that would be cool!) or are the buoys just eye candy in the game?

Easy_Eight65

Easy_Eight65
07-30-09, 08:56 AM
A two-part question here:

1. Historical

Does anyone know if S-boots patrolled independently or if they formed attack squadrons? Or did they simply wolf-pack when grid proximity / mutual target opportunities presented themselves? The photos and film archive footage I've seen seems to suggest that they patrolled and attacked in groups of 2 or more (although I could be way off-base on this).

2. In-Game

The multiple-boat theory is supported by the enemy AI behavior (pairs of Elco tropedo boats) that I've seen in GWX and in Destryoyer Command (2 or more attacking S-boots). On my last GWX patrol, I radioed in the position of a convoy I was shadowing -- a few hours later the CL and DD escorts started firing at a group of small surface vessels (presumably AI S-boots) that I physically could no see as they were quite far off (on ther opposite side of the convoy). I seriously do not believe that my contact report and the escort/unknown axis surface skirmish were coincidental...but I could be wrong.

Would it be possible to command (not control) a squadron of AI S-boots in a 2.0 Beta of Mikhayl's Playable S-boot Mod? ...or is SH3 simply not hard-wired for such an appealing possibility? SH4 /SH5 perhaps?

Easy_Eight65

asanovic7
08-02-09, 03:32 PM
Not really shure where is the problem.. It is sunny so playing is not on my minds, and yes I have a difficult summer, thanks mick, my life has turned into some soap opera, which includes divorce, fights, breakups, drugs, rock and roll, more fights, alcohol, some more drugs(some nasty ones, woo, surf's up dude :) and lonely hearts so desperate to lay an egg that they will litterally f..k you in the a.s.. No, we are not talking about "those other people" :rotfl:

Advice to anyone under 30: do not listen to elvis presley's "my best friend's girl"..

Now, I started career week ago :rotfl:with sh3commander from heligoland 1940. with s7.. I had a skirmish with a destroyer who couldn't hit me so I was atacking him with that sole flak and torpedos. I managed to sank him with the second torp, it was like "JAAAAAAAAAAAAA JAAAAAAAAA". Screaming like this in croatian means screaming eggs. So when we see a German fellow saying ja! ja! we smile.. :)

Nice one with the bb warspite.. :up: And there I was thinking how with s7 sinking dd I am the tzar..

About the hard waves.. Well, Mick is the chief of the department there.. Honestly, I thought problem was solved.. And if you want to be historical, because of the bad weather torpedo boats didn't sail.. :)

I layed some rottens in campaign here and there.. Some 4some and 6some parties :rotfl: here and there..

Since my upload/download capabilities are less than able(2mb per hr) currently..
People, let's play this on autumn since sh4 won't get better and mick is doing wonders.. :)

Cheers to all and have a merry summer!!!

p.s. anyone knows what is the price of samsung f-490v? I will sell it for 200 euros? Is that ok price or too big?

linerkiller
08-03-09, 01:02 AM
Not really shure where is the problem.. It is sunny so playing is not on my minds, and yes I have a difficult summer, thanks mick, my life has turned into some soap opera, which includes divorce, fights, breakups, drugs, rock and roll, more fights, alcohol, some more drugs(some nasty ones, woo, surf's up dude :) and lonely hearts so desperate to lay an egg that they will litterally f..k you in the a.s.. No, we are not talking about "those other people" :rotfl:

Advice to anyone under 30: do not listen to elvis presley's "my best friend's girl"..

Now, I started career week ago :rotfl:with sh3commander from heligoland 1940. with s7.. I had a skirmish with a destroyer who couldn't hit me so I was atacking him with that sole flak and torpedos. I managed to sank him with the second torp, it was like "JAAAAAAAAAAAAA JAAAAAAAAA". Screaming like this in croatian means screaming eggs. So when we see a German fellow saying ja! ja! we smile.. :)

Nice one with the bb warspite.. :up: And there I was thinking how with s7 sinking dd I am the tzar..

About the hard waves.. Well, Mick is the chief of the department there.. Honestly, I thought problem was solved.. And if you want to be historical, because of the bad weather torpedo boats didn't sail.. :)

I layed some rottens in campaign here and there.. Some 4some and 6some parties :rotfl: here and there..

Since my upload/download capabilities are less than able(2mb per hr) currently..
People, let's play this on autumn since sh4 won't get better and mick is doing wonders.. :)

Cheers to all and have a merry summer!!!

p.s. anyone knows what is the price of samsung f-490v? I will sell it for 200 euros? Is that ok price or too big?
:sunny:
Well...this august is very hot and if someone hasn't air conditioned at home (like me:dead:) playing is not possible at all:hmph:...Hoping for some news when holidays will be over and everyone will return to his crappy office (me:dead::dead:):up:. About Sh4...i uninstalled it long ago...booooring it was!:yawn:!!!!

for the samsung...i dont need it...Maybe try on ebay...if you trust it:up:

happy holidays to all:yeah:

Easy_Eight65
08-05-09, 08:37 PM
Still having "killed by pressure" death problems in heavy weather -- I have both STZ's Sinking Ships Fix mod enabled AND wave height set to minimum (standard 1.0x) in SH Cmder....and I have a Damage Control officer with a full complement of DC crew at their stations -- nothing seems to help. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm all ears. It just kills me to have to RTB (warp) with a belly full of fish (a small belly I'll grant, but a full load-out nonetheless)...what a waste of torpedoes. :damn:

Easy_Eight65

linerkiller
08-06-09, 12:43 AM
Still having "killed by pressure" death problems in heavy weather -- I have both STZ's Sinking Ships Fix mod enabled AND wave height set to minimum (standard 1.0x) in SH Cmder....and I have a Damage Control officer with a full complement of DC crew at their stations -- nothing seems to help. Anybody have any suggestions? I'm all ears. It just kills me to have to RTB (warp) with a belly full of fish (a small belly I'll grant, but a full load-out nonetheless)...what a waste of torpedoes. :damn:

Easy_Eight65

Reinstrall everything above GWx 2.1 That must work!

Easy_Eight65
08-07-09, 11:00 AM
thanks for the suggestion, but GWX 2.1 is not an option for me...I'll just wait for Mikhayl / Asanovic7 to address the bug in the 2.0 beta (hopefully).

linerkiller
08-07-09, 02:04 PM
thanks for the suggestion, but GWX 2.1 is not an option for me...I'll just wait for Mikhayl / Asanovic7 to address the bug in the 2.0 beta (hopefully).
I'm doing the same! More fun when it will be ready:woot:

Sledgehammer427
08-13-09, 03:28 AM
Just downloaded this, looks (since I have not made a second install, best way I go about these mods) like a class act!
nice work guys!

made a quick test run in campaign mode, I don't have the hull problem some are reporting.

this is a clean install of GWX 3.0, my mods list
OLC 'Gold'
Flat Sun Fix for OLC 'Gold' (Video card hates the sun)
Schnellboot Main (renamed, from 5-Schnellboot)
2-SB AI boats
3-GWX campaign
6-Emblems (working on a set soon, after the Narwhal and the torrent of stuff I gotta do)

Easy_Eight65
08-13-09, 05:19 PM
it's a blast, right? A few examples of my extremely primitive emblem modding skills:

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/Easy_Eight65/whiteS-65.jpg?t=1250201567

...and what S-Boot would be complete without an vanity plate?:

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac251/Easy_Eight65/S-65vanity.jpg?t=1250201779

GOZO
08-14-09, 11:44 AM
Thanks for making this fine wod for GWX3.0.:rock:

Now i have but one stupid q: In what order should the files be installed and how can I make SH3Commander work?:88)

Cheers

/OB

Sledgehammer427
08-14-09, 02:53 PM
Well, I used MultiSH3 and created a seperate install of a clean version of GWX.
Then, after you changed the save directory with the Multi SH3 tool you install SH3 Commander. It now reads your savegame directory automatically.
then you install JSGME and you should be good to go..

thats the way I went about it.

Sledgehammer427
08-15-09, 03:14 AM
Just a minor bug to report.

I try to use "realistic U-boat availability dates" in SH3 Commander because that's how I get actual S-Boot classes to show up (much easier to schoose "S7" or "S26" instead of trying to remember which ones which.

for some odd reason this causes a CTD, if i knew how to fix it, I would, but since I don't, I'll report it:know:

Easy_Eight65
08-15-09, 04:15 PM
I believe that was in the Readme Mikhayl and Asanovic7 included with the 1.7 release -- you might want to check it out.

linerkiller
08-22-09, 06:27 AM
Just returned from my (short) holidays:cry:..........it's time to return to helm station:up:!!!!!

Congratulations to Easy Eight's for drawing his emblem :up:.... Hope to see also some historically accurate ones in future.:yep:

Greetings to all and especially to Marko and Mikhayl!

linerkiller
08-22-09, 09:17 AM
I've seen the vid too:yep:...maybe it will be a good push to force me underwater again:O:...maybe
But now lets wait for s-boot :D...i can't wait for it;)!

Stormfly
08-26-09, 09:54 PM
Well..

...just wanted to say THANK YOU ! :yeah:

http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/270809043819_SBMOD17_LSH3V4_CSP_SE_40.jpg

Many Thanks to all contributers, we play this fine mod currently as part of CSP (www.comsubspac.com (http://www.comsubspac.com)) modcompilation for Living Silent Hunter V4, this is simply amazing in MP, a new dimension :o

...totaly new tactical options, guarantees spicy hot action !

here are some additional screens: http://sahraniradio.armedassault.eu/Stormy/Screenshots_SBMOD17_LSH3V4_CSP_SE.rar

Sledgehammer427
08-26-09, 11:14 PM
:o
:hmmm:
:yeah:

bojan811
08-27-09, 05:00 PM
I tried to start the carrer from `39`41`43 unsuccessfulu always get CTD when try to load.

Will try to install fresh version of gwx 3.Quesition is with or without commander?

asanovic7
08-28-09, 10:54 AM
err.. commander.. I think currently without commander you get ctd.. sorry.. just I am "offline for now"..

filefront download is operational..

nice pics stormfly..
just don't try those things with s7.. :rotfl:

and yes people sun is still shining weather is.. :sunny: I guess mick is still getting tan.. and recruiting some more dwarfs into his army.. :woot:
and me? I am in the wilderness.. collecting mushrooms..

cheers!

bojan811
08-29-09, 11:18 AM
It`s ok i will wait fot the 2.0 stand alone version.
Good things happen to those who wait!

Pozdrav---Cheers

El Dude
09-04-09, 06:48 AM
Seems like i have to wait for the next version too. I am getting a crash to desktop when loading a career.
Looks like a great mod though, and i love the S boats, i am building the Italeri s100 at the moment so it would be fun trying one in this sim.

coronas
09-04-09, 08:02 AM
Very interesting: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=154068
Can we see AI S-Boot firing torpedoes in SH·3?
:salute:

Mikhayl
09-04-09, 09:35 AM
Hi, I have resumed work on version 2.0 but I have some other things to do these days so it will be slower than before.

So far it's quite well advanced and as far as I can tell, it's stable :)
But there's still a lot to do, mostly:
-Harbour trafic for Boulogne and the Netherlands S-boot bases (the rest are done), and then for the rest of the "auxiliary" harbours and those on the English coast (many new small harbours on both sides of the Channel)
-still missing some trafic and historical operations in SCR layer
-new airbases (to suit the planes I collected from several supermods)

And then a lot of tweaking and bug hunting before release.

The mod will be standalone this time so it will be a bigger download, and you will need a clean install of SH3. But hopefully it'll be worth it :)

@Coronas, thanks, I already use Sergbuto "antique" but very functionnal virtual torpedoes, results are pretty cool despite the poor AI :)

El Dude
09-04-09, 12:16 PM
Thanks for the update Mikhayl, i look forward to your release!
And a BIG Thank you for making those boats playable, i like the S boats just as much as the U boats.

coronas
09-04-09, 01:56 PM
Good news Mikhayl. Thanks for update. :yeah:

Mikhayl
09-04-09, 02:28 PM
Thanks to you guys for the support after about 1 year and a half, otherwise the mod would have died in its sleep a while ago :)

Stoker
09-07-09, 04:47 PM
Really looking forward to your mods release, will the pc specs to get full enjoyment out of sboot 2.0 be any higher than the original SH3 recommended Mikhayl. ie 2.0 Ghz CPU, 1 Gb ram, 128Mb video card? Thanks

Mikhayl
09-07-09, 06:40 PM
Hi Stoker, I think that's going to be a bit on the weak side with the new objects, textures and the 16km environment. But if your PC allows you to play with some eye-candy mods it should be alright with s-boot 2.0 as well.
I used to play GWX with 1Gb ram, it worked but I had fairly frequent crashes, all gone when I upgraded to 2Gb Ram. Not sure about graphic card requirement though, I've always played with my old Radeon 256MB.

linerkiller
09-08-09, 04:38 AM
Thanks to you guys for the support after about 1 year and a half, otherwise the mod would have died in its sleep a while ago :)
Its the least we could do to support your magnificent work...Looking forward to the release date!:up:

The screens are amazing:o. Keep up the good work!:arrgh!:

Manpegao
09-15-09, 04:38 PM
After a few months without playing, i decided to began again with the Sb 1.7 and GWX 3.0...but only get errors...in any year and any way. But....when i tried with the lite mod...¡¡¡great!!! It goes wonderfull... only using "community units", "SB 01 mod lite" and "SB S-38 Class"...I´m happy again!

Mikhayl and Asanovic... thank you, very, very much for doing a great and incredible job for all of us.

I´m nervous waiting SB 2.0.... and sure that i´m not the only one!!! But i´ll be patient. Enjoy and take your time... this way, finally, all of us will enjoy your great job and the new SB mod.
Thanks again fron Spain.
Manpe 24Flotilla

asanovic7
11-17-09, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know where is mikhayl??

linerkiller
11-18-09, 02:01 AM
i'm asking myself the same...he's offline since mid september...i hope he's ok:-?

asanovic7
11-20-09, 09:23 AM
Yep, no word from him in a long time...
There are three reasons for that to happen: I hope the worst reason out of three is not the one..

Cheers!

p.s. I am currently fixing comp, I'll take a look at the 1.7.. I have some stuff for 2.0, but don't know what where and how without mikhayl. I mean I could inc. it, but mikhayl should let me know what where and how.. Nevermind the 2.0 which will be standalone, 1.7 is for gwx, so I will try to update it.

SH5? My machine is not for such achievements :rotfl2:

frontkampfer
01-04-10, 12:38 PM
I am hoping someone can help me. I have SH3 and I would like to install the S-boote Mod. SH3 needs to be reinstalled on my PC so everything would be a "clean install". My question is, do I install SH3 then the S-boot mod or is there other mods that need to go first? Any advice appreciated!

Hitman
01-04-10, 12:56 PM
Hi frontkampfer,

I think that this mod works only on top of GWX3 :hmmm: so you need that one too.

frontkampfer
01-04-10, 08:40 PM
Is that the only mod I need or are there others? Sorry to be a PITA but is there a link? I would really like to play this mod but I am a real newbie. Any and all suggestions, advice, help appreciated!

linerkiller
01-05-10, 09:09 AM
Is that the only mod I need or are there others? Sorry to be a PITA but is there a link? I would really like to play this mod but I am a real newbie. Any and all suggestions, advice, help appreciated!
if you look in the stickies you'll found the ultimate release, it's a beta but it's playable.
good hunting
LK

frontkampfer
01-05-10, 12:22 PM
Ok, This is what I understand is the SW to play the S-Boot mod:

SH3
GWX3
SBMOD17.7z

I see in earlier posts on this thread references to:

RB sh4 effects fo sh3 v7.1
rcbsh4efftssboot file
MFM 4.1
Torpdeo damage final v2.0

Do I need these also? Are there any others that I have missed that I should include? Finally, what does CTD stand for?

My apologies again but I am trying to do it right!

Hitman
01-05-10, 03:54 PM
Ok, This is what I understand is the SW to play the S-Boot mod:

SH3
GWX3
SBMOD17.7zYup, you should be fine running that.

RB sh4 effects fo sh3 v7.1
rcbsh4efftssboot file
MFM 4.1
Torpdeo damage final v2.0

Do I need these also? Are there any others that I have missed that I should include? No, as far as I know those are simply optional mods that make it look nicer.

Finally, what does CTD stand for?Crash To Desktop :up:

My apologies again but I am trying to do it right! No apologies at all!!! Please ask whatever you want to know, and don't be shy about it! We are here to help everyone enjoy these fine games and have a good time here. :yeah:

frontkampfer
01-10-10, 05:37 PM
I've installed SH4 with the 1.4 patch and have GWX3 downloaded and ready for install. My question is: To get the S-Boot mod to work do I need a mod loader (like JSGME or SH3 Commander)? I am holding off loadinf GWX3 to see which one is recommended for S-Boot!

I am a big fan of naval surface warfare and have been looking for a game/mod like S-Boots and I really want to play it hence my desire to get this mod to work. However, I am a real novice when it comes to SH3. So any suggestions as to how to play the S-boot mod?

Any help/suggestions appreciated and thanks in advance!

asanovic7
01-11-10, 10:10 AM
Hmm..

Well.. I don't get it why are you holding on install of gwx3.0? If you want to play gwx 3.0 play it..
This mod you can install with jsgme and jsgme is just "replace/make backup of replaced file/mod" installer.. so, you install this mod, and when you see alot of ctd's, you can go back to gwx3..
If you just play with jsgme you will figure it out.. Install it, and you will get mods folder.. When you make a new folder in mods folder, add some file in the folder and see what happens. Yep, that file will be copied into that same foleder where is mods. So, try with folder structure..

For this version which is "far from perfect" you need to install this mod via jsgme, copy files for sh3 commander into sh3 commander(you can use jsgme also for sh3commander, in fact for every goddamn folder you want).. And then choose some year in sh3 commander and play..

There are a couple of things you ought to know..
1. this is not perfect.. people report of ctd's but I think main reason is because there is no readme.. the fact is, I do have to revise it... i think the problems aaaaaaaaaaare so small that it amazes me noone tried it to repair..
2. then you have a mikhayls complete standalone mod, search on sboot thread, which and but is better for you to avoid it.. Not because it is bad.. Because you will die installing it..
3. Maybe it doesn't need gwx 3.0 try it..

Cheers!

linerkiller
01-12-10, 06:29 AM
Hmm..

Well.. I don't get it why are you holding on install of gwx3.0? If you want to play gwx 3.0 play it..
This mod you can install with jsgme and jsgme is just "replace/make backup of replaced file/mod" installer.. so, you install this mod, and when you see alot of ctd's, you can go back to gwx3..
If you just play with jsgme you will figure it out.. Install it, and you will get mods folder.. When you make a new folder in mods folder, add some file in the folder and see what happens. Yep, that file will be copied into that same foleder where is mods. So, try with folder structure..

For this version which is "far from perfect" you need to install this mod via jsgme, copy files for sh3 commander into sh3 commander(you can use jsgme also for sh3commander, in fact for every goddamn folder you want).. And then choose some year in sh3 commander and play..

There are a couple of things you ought to know..
1. this is not perfect.. people report of ctd's but I think main reason is because there is no readme.. the fact is, I do have to revise it... i think the problems aaaaaaaaaaare so small that it amazes me noone tried it to repair..
2. then you have a mikhayls complete standalone mod, search on sboot thread, which and but is better for you to avoid it.. Not because it is bad.. Because you will die installing it..
3. Maybe it doesn't need gwx 3.0 try it..

Cheers!
Hi asanovic! Have you already tried the new S-Boot Mod 2.0?

frontkampfer
01-14-10, 07:27 AM
I want to thank everyone for being so patient in helping me. I really do appreciate it!

However, I am totally confused. There is an S-Boot v1.7 & a 2.0? Is the 2.0 version out?

If I understand what everyone is saying I should install the JSGME, GWX3 then the v1.7 mod. Correct?

Sorry agaijn for being dense!

linerkiller
01-14-10, 08:07 AM
I want to thank everyone for being so patient in helping me. I really do appreciate it!

However, I am totally confused. There is an S-Boot v1.7 & a 2.0? Is the 2.0 version out?

If I understand what everyone is saying I should install the JSGME, GWX3 then the v1.7 mod. Correct?

Sorry agaijn for being dense!No poblems! Both versions are out, the 2.0 is in the stickies, and the 1.7 should be in this same thread, To run the 1.7 you need gwx 3.0 and for the 2.0 you only need the game patched 1.4b. I have a lot of problems running the 2.0 version, crashes crashes and crashes again! But a lot of people seem to play it without problems!

asanovic7
03-01-10, 03:09 PM
By talking to linerkiller I think I may have slipped certain things here..
That could be the reason for ctd's..
I will check it out..
I finally got other hard drive, bigger for installing lots of separate installs of sh3.. so.. :)
And, does anyone know or have link where can I download mikhayls big mod?

tomfon
03-01-10, 04:05 PM
Check the following link.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=1280160&postcount=1247

asanovic7
03-01-10, 05:51 PM
tx..
I saw that download page allready..

great to know.. :))

linerkiller
03-02-10, 01:56 AM
Dont forget to use his latest Campaign release if you try it! It fixes a lot of bugs of the previous release.:yep:

silent hunterdude
09-19-11, 09:57 AM
hai all is his also for gwx 3.0 gold becues i cant play it:down:

(sorry for bad english im dutch)

it could really help me :salute:

Sepp von Ch.
11-04-12, 08:22 PM
Can someone please upload asanovich´s mod: "RB sh4 effects for sh3 v7.1"? I can´t find it anywhere:wah:

Plissken_04
11-05-12, 05:23 PM
Can someone please upload asanovich´s mod: "RB sh4 effects for sh3 v7.1"? I can´t find it anywhere:wah:

Download here:

ftp://hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/ASANOVIC7/

Username & Password in my Signature!!!

So Long

Maik

Sepp von Ch.
11-05-12, 05:47 PM
Thanks Maik. Sorry. My fault. Searching for asanovic7´s "rcbsh4effectssboot" mod.

Kptlt. Jurgen Stumpff
04-12-13, 10:48 AM
Oh dear-
The link for this mod and many others has died due to it being removed from file front. Does anybody know where else i can get it?
Thanks

HW3
04-12-13, 01:47 PM
You can try the link in the post 2 posts up from yours. It has been intermittent lately, so keep trying.:salute:

:subsim:

Kptlt. Jurgen Stumpff
04-17-13, 10:45 AM
Thank you very much :)

rummsfeld
11-20-15, 12:56 PM
Lately I was searching for a s-Boat Mod, and discovered this!! Really fantastic work!! many :up:thanks!!:yeah::rock::salute: I completed now 4 missions and everything works fine, exept a wrong date with a Brest mission.

Atjak
09-07-18, 05:19 AM
All links are dead

Plissken_04
09-07-18, 11:06 AM
All links are dead

ftp://Maik:Woelfe@hartmuthaas.no-ip.org/Public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/MIKHAYL/

ftp://Maik:Woelfe@maikhaas.synology.me/Public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/MIKHAYL/

ftp://Maik:Woelfe@diskstation.bctdg7awz618kzdr.myfritz.n et/Public/Sharing/SH3COMMUNITYMODS/MIKHAYL/

So Long

Maik