PDA

View Full Version : flashing lights above machine telegraph Mod?

Sag75
07-12-09, 12:29 PM
Hi, is it possible put red/blu flashing lights over the machine telegraph?

..as well as is in Das Boot movie !

thx!

Rapt0r56
07-21-09, 09:07 AM
This would be a First-class idea.
I think the hull from the Lamps would be insertable, as new objects like it already from Attack Peri Schacht was. But to place totally new lights they still blink with Journey change is still Future i think... it would be nice to put already at beginning the whole lights in boot from white on red, only that is do not believe also possibly from there...
:hmmm:

Sry for my bad English, i used a Translator for help!:D
Mfg Rapt0r Gute Jagd und Fette Beute!

Graf Paper
07-21-09, 09:00 PM
In theory, it's possible to add those lights.

You'd need to add the lights to the 3D interior for each u-boat that used such a device for silently acknowledging engine orders.

To make them work properly, a trigger would have to be added to the 3D nodes to alter the lightbulb color textures from "lit" to "unlit".

someone like Diving Duck or privateer would be far better qualified to give the details, especially DD, as he is the resident "expert" on u-boat interiors.

Why not pop off a PM to one or both of them? If you want to take a swipe at doing this mod yourself, they can give you some valuable insights.

Sag75
07-22-09, 09:37 PM
thanks, I think the problem could be link the flashing with the key hit in silent running mode..

Rapt0r56
07-24-09, 05:18 PM
Mhh.. it would really nice to see that ingame, i will send a pm to DD an Privateer, to hear what they think about this idea.

This doesn't forget! :up:

Mfg Rapt0r

Sag75
07-24-09, 10:22 PM
Thx, we'll wait for news!

Rapt0r56
07-29-09, 07:06 AM
Mh, no answer till yet, has already else tried to reach someone them? :06:

Sag75
07-30-09, 01:09 AM
people is on holidays now! :D

skwasjer
07-30-09, 04:43 AM
thanks, I think the problem could be link the flashing with the key hit in silent running mode..
This is not a problem. Animations or objects can be triggered just fine based on a command (like depth, bell, silent running, etc). Basically, your whole idea is completely doable. It requires alteration/implementation of a statemachineclass controller, some new nodes/lights, and some cleverness. Unfortunately, I can't really provide a working sample right now...

In a draft version of my interior fan mod (SH4), the fans will stop spinning if you are under attack, or in silent running mode:

http://sh4.skwas.net/media/fan_on_off.wmv

vickers03
07-30-09, 05:45 AM
Animations or objects can be triggered just fine based on a command (like depth, bell, silent running, etc)

how could this be done in general, is it mentioned in a tutorial
somewhere? could also sounds be triggered by animations?

skwasjer
07-30-09, 11:05 AM
There's no tutorial but I will try to make one in a few weeks (if time permits). Sounds are possible too. You can connect a sound to a node (the node must have a label in a particular format, don't remember from top of head but I think it had to start with an @ or # and couldn't have spaces, I'll have to check), and simply call that specific node based on an event from statemachineclass controller, and then the sound starts playing... (or stop) ;) It is similar for animations. The interior damage effects are triggered in a similar way (an event is called when damage > a figure) so you can have a look at that if you want to find out yourself.

Regards, skwas

skwasjer
07-30-09, 05:20 PM
IIRC ... StateMachine Classes (GraphNames) are hardcoded ...?
... therefore you add in necessary StateEntry (of existing StateMachineClass) command(s) of playing or stoping of new animation ...? ... or no?
Nope, you can add new DAT-files with your own graph names, as many as you like :yeah: Just add a call to it via a new StateMachineWrapper (i think) in interior to instantiate the state machine. However, crew state machines 'are' hardcoded in a sense that you can't tie a new crew state machine to a specific crew member (afaik).

Я думаю, проблема шума вентиляторов в указанных выше режимах (bold) преувеличена (надумана), т.к. малооборотный вентилятор на подшипниках скольжения и на амортизирующей платформе (основании) шумит во много много раз меньше чем механические и электрические системы в указанных выше режимах ...
Есть смысл говорить о выключении вентиляторов только в режиме "полной тишины", когда лодка на мелководье лежит на дне ... и то системы жизнеобеспечения, наблюдения и навигации шумят больше вентиляторов ...
Кроме того самая большая потребность в вентиляторах появляется при долгом нахождении под водой и истощённых ресурсах ...
Not sure if I completely understood. I see your point in other equipment making more noise. Yet the concept of having fans turned on and off under certain circumstances in the game was just an interesting thing to try to find a solution for. Especially since I have seen many times, people wishing to tie certain actions to Silent Running and everybody saying it wasn't possible. So it is... :D Whether or not realistic or historical accurate was not really the focus behind my attempt.