PDA

View Full Version : Graphics problem with NVidia 9600 GT

Progrocker
07-09-09, 08:24 AM
I just bought this new card and installed the latest driver. I have problem, that especially at night at the horizont and on water i see some small shimmering light points. Most of them are at the horizont line and on the ships and persons in harbours too. During day they are mostly in water in bigger range. I tried to change graphics settings but nothing helped yet. :cry:The problem occurs both on GWX 2.1 and LSH3 i am now playing. What should i do? Anyone with this NVidia problem? :hmmm:

Contact
07-09-09, 09:16 AM
You should make a screenshot and post it here.

tonschk
07-09-09, 10:56 AM
I think is difficult to guess what you are talking about without a screenshot about the problem

Rolf Eschke
07-12-09, 12:29 AM
Hm,I`m using a 9600 GT too,and everything is OK.Any Problems with other Games ?
Regards
Rolf

nikbear
07-12-09, 06:14 AM
I've just got a new rig up and running and I'm using a Nividia 8800GT and I have the same problem,along the cables and wintergarden,and on the horizon as mentioned at night:hmmm:
It looks like the GFX card is filling in the lines and periodically stops resulting in tiny 'pin *****s' of light shining through,all the 'pin *****s' together look like 'shimmering' as described by Progrocker:06:
I haven't used Nividia cards for ages so this is new to me and thankfully,I can only see the shimmering on the horizon from the U-boat,and I can live with that.But.....
The shimmering is present on the U-boat only at certain angles when using 'free camera' so it kind of precludes taking screen shots:cry: