PDA

View Full Version : Red Storm Rising

Arclight
06-17-09, 06:45 AM
I'm trying to get started with the RSR campaign, the one that comes on the bonus disc with the European boxed version:

You start out with FFG in a dock, but can't leave the dock because the ship keeps receiving damage as soon as it starts to move. Guess it's coliding with the seabed or the dock, though visually it's all clear as far as the dock is concerned.

Anyone familiar with this problem? Know a way around?

goldorak
06-17-09, 07:47 AM
Disable the waveriding option.

Arclight
06-17-09, 08:15 AM
Nope, still the same.

Of all "bugs" I've come across, this has to be the most ridiculous one. :hmmm:

goldorak
06-17-09, 08:20 AM
Nope, still the same.

Of all "bugs" I've come across, this has to be the most ridiculous one. :hmmm:

I remember it was something easy to disable, try disabling the "currents" option.

Arclight
06-17-09, 09:03 AM
Disabled all three options for waveriding, currents and wind, still getting destroyed. Weird. :doh:

goldorak
06-17-09, 09:12 AM
Listen, its possibile that the first mission had a bug.
Why don't you download the entire campaign from www.subguru.com. The site belongs to the guy that developed the RSR campaign, and as I recall he corrected the first mission.

Here : http://www.subguru.com/dwmissions.htm and click on the link right under the RSR book. :D

Molon Labe
06-17-09, 09:15 AM
It's not a bug. The draft of the FFG was changed in a patch (either 1.03 or 1.04). FFGs in that patch can no longer operate in some water that they could before the patch.

Bill is aware of this and updated the mission to adjust. Just head over to www.subguru.com (http://www.subguru.com) and download the updated version.

Arclight
06-17-09, 02:18 PM
Ah, many thanks for the explanation, changing the draft in a patch explains it. :salute:

And thanks for pointing me towards subguru. Noticed the address in the mission descriptions in the game, but hadn't ventured there yet. :oops:

Sorry if I tested your patience. :haha: ;)

Dr.Sid
06-17-09, 04:16 PM
We are subsimers .. we can be V E R Y patient :arrgh!: