PDA

View Full Version : [REQ]: Moving the TDC I/O-Switch to the Main Menu

h.sie
06-06-09, 08:26 AM
I spent hours trying to move the TDC ON/OFF-Switch from the TDC-Screen to the main menu [G3F], but without success.

The only thing I could manage, was to toggle between ON and OFF using a simple button, but with this button I cannot see the current status (ON or OFF).

So I tried to replace the button by a checkbox-element (Type=1033), but that did not work. Damned!!!

Any ideas???

Thanx!
h.sie

onelifecrisis
06-06-09, 08:32 AM
You mean like in my GUI?

Check my menu file and commands_en.cfg file. I used one of the buttons which originally switched between dials. I attached it to the "Toggle TDC" command via the commands_en.cfg file. AFAIK that's the only way to get the TDC button on the G3F page.

Edit:
Also, I attached the two button images (on and off) to the menu groups which used to hold the dials that the button toggles between... if that makes sense? Obviously you have to move the dials themselves somewhere else.

h.sie
06-06-09, 08:59 AM
Thanx, OLC, I analysed your GUI extremely :) because of the numerous genious ideas in there, but in my hsGUI I cannot use the buttons you mentioned, because i use the original SH3-dials (speed, rudder, course and so on).

the more I work on my own GUI, the more I come to the conclusion to give up and use your OLCGUI 1.2.7, stop modding myself and finally start playing. never played a career until now.

the reasons why I did not use your GUI were:

a) this double-mast thing which I never understood....don't try to explain it, because you already explained it somewhere in a thread - I know.

b) I could not answer the question, how targeting with WP-assistance works in your GUI. what is the sense of the "identify target"-button, when there is no button to put the solution of the WP into the TDC. I want to play manual targeting, but I want to have the option to use the help of the WP sometimes.

By the way: Is OLCGUI 1.2.7 the final version or is there any patch or similar?

Greetings!
h.sie

onelifecrisis
06-06-09, 10:49 AM
Thanx, OLC, I analysed your GUI extremely :) because of the numerous genious ideas in there, but in my hsGUI I cannot use the buttons you mentioned, because i use the original SH3-dials (speed, rudder, course and so on).

the more I work on my own GUI, the more I come to the conclusion to give up and use your OLCGUI 1.2.7, stop modding myself and finally start playing. never played a career until now.

the reasons why I did not use your GUI were:

a) this double-mast thing which I never understood....don't try to explain it, because you already explained it somewhere in a thread - I know.

b) I could not answer the question, how targeting with WP-assistance works in your GUI. what is the sense of the "identify target"-button, when there is no button to put the solution of the WP into the TDC. I want to play manual targeting, but I want to have the option to use the help of the WP sometimes.

By the way: Is OLCGUI 1.2.7 the final version or is there any patch or similar?

Greetings!
h.sie

Thanks for the kind words. :)

1.2.7 was the last version which had two zoom levels on the scopes.
And by way of correction, let me say that my GUI hasn't used doubled masts for some time now. See OLC 'Gold' MkIIc which is the latest version.

I say this only for clarification - I don't expect you to use it. ;)

A suggestion for your problem: instead of having one button for each pair of dials (as in stock) you could have a single button which switches all three dials at the same time. That would free up the other two buttons, one of which you could use for the TDC switch (as described above).