PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt saves and ghost ships after convoy attack

karamazovnew
05-31-09, 12:49 AM
After attaking countless convoys in the shallow waters of the British coast, I've learned a few valuable lessons:
1. Don't save until you get to at least 30km away from the victim's wreck.
2. While loitering around (again, a 30 km radius), don't attack any ship of the same type as your previous victim. Even if it sinks, you won't get any credit for it. For example, after a very succesful attack on a convoy I sunk a Large Cargo and a Large Merchant. I "exited" through the back of the convoy. As I was waiting at a full stop (mines around) for the convoy to get BVR, 2 more ships appeared near me, you've guessed it, a Large Cargo and a Large Merchant, same speed, same direction. Sunk again, no dice.

So far this has been true for any ship sunk in shallow waters, in convoy or solitary.

Anyone else with this problem? I'm using GWX3 :o.

Pisces
05-31-09, 06:38 AM
Looks like you haven't read the GWX manual. Bugs section in the beginning of it. :know:

bigboywooly
06-03-09, 04:07 AM
Tis a stock bug
Stops you waiting in one spot all game and sinking the same ship

Captain Nemo
06-03-09, 07:07 AM
1. Don't save until you get to at least 30km away from the victim's wreck.

I have just become a member of the SH3 corrupt saves club. Sunk an ore carrier just off the coast of East Anglia (Lowestoft area) made a save and exit shortly afterward. No go getting that save to reload without "SH3 has encountered a problem...". First time in three years or more of saving submerged, under attack near to coast etc without problems. Luckily not much lost as I had only just started my patrol.

Nemo