PDA

View Full Version : Debug error on LWAMI install

pigdog2
05-09-09, 03:23 PM
I just DL the game from Strategy First and tried to install the LWami 3.09 mod. I get a debug assertion error on every file. Is there a specific folder I'm supposed to extract it to? I put it in the DW folder. ???
THX

Molon Labe
05-09-09, 05:42 PM
I'd wait for OneShot to see this, but he's not around on weekends and I'd rather not keep you waiting. My best guess is that this is a compatibility issue with DW 1.03, which is the version that I'm guessing is what you got from SF. Patch to 1.04 first, then try the installer again. Also, I think the installer expects to find DW in the standard directory (program files/SCS/DW) and might have issues if it doesn't find it there.

pigdog2
05-09-09, 06:05 PM
It did say it was version 1.04 on the DW startup screen. I have XP pro if that helps.

pigdog2
05-10-09, 02:03 PM
Ok I got it working. Found another post on another forum that had the same problem. You have to manually browse to the location of the DW path for the extraction, and not just let it install by default. Thanks

Molon Labe
05-10-09, 03:10 PM
Great, glad you got it working!

OneShot
05-11-09, 02:30 PM
Usually the installer should pick the right DW main directory for the install, but some versions (STEAM comes to mind) seem to store some of the reg keys differently and thus the installer can't read the correct path. Solution is to manually change the install path to the DW root directory if you ntoice during the install that the install recommendation does fit your real location for DW.