PDA

View Full Version : GWX 2.1 and Ports

Jaman
05-07-09, 04:49 PM
Im new to GWX so...

Is it possible in any way to sneak into a port without being detected even by armed trawlers from one mile away?.

I tried to get into Dunkirk on September 1939 on a Type IIA, i was moving at 1 knot in silent running, no periscope and with the turret well under the water, impossible to be spotted from surface (at least not from long distance). When i was at 1 mile or so from the port itself a British DD which was stationary began to move and my stealth meter went red.
I still dont know how i managed to get clear but i did after two hours of getting beat by the damn destroyer (lucky i guess).

Anyway...is there any tactic, move or even pray that i need to know to perform such a thing or should i forget about trying it and stick to high seas?.

EDIT: Oh, well, forget it. I have reach that part on the manual...geez, its on the end of it.

Sailor Steve
05-08-09, 02:43 PM
Why are you using 2.1 when 3.0 adds so much more?

Jaman
05-08-09, 02:51 PM
Why are you using 2.1 when 3.0 adds so much more?
Cos my rig is old.

Sailor Steve
05-08-09, 03:11 PM
So is mine. There's really not much difference in size. 3.0 just incorporates many of the later add-on improvements to 2.1, and makes them work together.

It's definitely worth it.

Jaman
05-08-09, 03:16 PM
I heard 3.0 improves the graphics a lot, thats why i went to 2.1. Can anyone confirm/deny this in terms of FPS performance?.

True is im really happy with 2.1, it works well with 16km mod (around 20/30fps at Kiel in 1939).