PDA

View Full Version : On the fence.... DW or SC?

MetalMania
04-23-09, 01:03 PM
I don't have DW.... yet. I've had Sub Command sitting on the shelf for I don't know how many years and finally just installed it, but have barely even begun. But of course Dangerous Waters is out there as the latest and greatest evolution of the series (maybe, seems to depend on what you're looking for). So, if all I'm really interested in are the subs - and primarily the American ones at that, is it really worthwhile to just skip SC and go right to DW?

I'll also say this: I'd describe myself as a "medium" simmer. I like some challenge and detail, so I'm not averse to taking some time to learn, but I don't have the kind of time to bury myself in it and eat sleep and breathe it. I'm not interested in self abuse where it's so difficult and complex that I can't enjoy it. So - is it scalable to find a happy medium?

Not really expecting a "definitive" answer here, because I've read a bunch of posts posing basically the same question but I'm open to any comments given my stated interests.

Thanks!

Dr.Sid
04-23-09, 03:12 PM
I suggest start with the SC .. and if you ever think you already know it all, buy DW.

Molon Labe
04-23-09, 03:26 PM
SC doesn't have anything that DW doesn't have, except for SCU. But with the Alpha Tau and R-A mods, SC might not even have that up on DW anymore.