PDA

View Full Version : Does it have thought Sonalysts to make a Dangerous Waters II?

Rompedor
04-20-09, 07:31 AM
Will Sonalysts have thought to make a Dangerous Waters II ? :D

I think that they do not plan to make it because DW did not sell much. :oops:

Greetings.

Blacklight
04-20-09, 01:14 PM
I think our only hope for a new modern subsim is going to be the Community Subsim. It's looking to be the "Orbiter" of subsims at the moment.

I think Sonalysts is only concerned about their military contracts right now. I doubt they have ANY plans about Dangerous Waters and I think they've pretty much conveniently abandoned about it.

FIREWALL
04-20-09, 01:30 PM
To say DW isn't to user friendly for beginners is an understatement.

As I've seen on other threads the main question asked before they buy is... Is it hard to figure out or do I need to read all that 500 pg manual to play it.

As I doubt there will be a DW II because there is alot to be fixed in DW itself.

If the original didn't sell that well why, would they make a new one ?

They need to finish this one if they want new buyers.

An add-on perhaps ?

Blacklight
04-20-09, 01:49 PM
As I've seen on other threads the main question asked before they buy is... Is it hard to figure out or do I need to read all that 500 pg manual to play it.

This game rewards GREATLY for those who invest the time to learning it and no. They don't need to read the whole manual. Just the parts relevent to what they're learning at the moment (and of course the chapters about how naval warfare works). Most of that book just explains what each control panel in each of the platforms does.

FIREWALL
04-20-09, 03:33 PM
This game rewards GREATLY for those who invest the time to learning it and no. They don't need to read the whole manual. Just the parts relevent to what they're learning at the moment (and of course the chapters about how naval warfare works). Most of that book just explains what each control panel in each of the platforms does.

One of the best explainations I've read yet Blacklight. :up:

DW imho is a toned down training tool made into a sim.

It definatly isn't a SH-3 or SH4. And shouldn't be mistaken as easy.

Caseck
05-23-09, 07:15 PM
If you don't want to learn a whole different realm of warfare, it's not for you. The best thing to do is get a couple mentors from here on voice and tutor your way through a few pickup games. You'll be amazed how quick and easy it is to learn when you have guidance.

And remember, if it were easy, anyone could do it...