PDA

View Full Version : Another great site for WWII radio

UberTorpedo
03-28-09, 03:25 PM
Just saw this site and thought I'd share the link. :DL
It has a long list of recordings including :

“Radio Moscow”, “Military Radio Transmissions”, “ Großdeutscher Rundfunk”, “French Radio June 1944”, “Charlie & his Orchestra”, “CBS world news today”, “Radio Ostfront”, “Feindpropaganda”, “Kriegsweinacht 1940”, “Ambient frontline Sound”, “Occupied Holland, 1943”, and lots more. They're not free (but not expensive either).

http://www.joeri.net/radiofiles/

cheers

denis_469
03-31-09, 09:21 AM
May be anyone who can buy this sounds for all.

Carotio
03-31-09, 09:26 AM
May be anyone who can buy this sounds for all.

Ain't gonna be me. Reading the site closer, many of the broadcasts and much of the music is allready out there in different radio mods, including my own....

denis_469
03-31-09, 09:28 AM
Ain't gonna be me. Reading the site closer, many of the broadcasts and much of the music is allready out there in different radio mods, including my own....

Really, but in game not one soviet radiostations. In Russia have not access to archive records total.:cry: It's first soviet war records what I see in internet.

Carotio
03-31-09, 11:43 AM
Just realised that this is SH3 forum and not SH4. So radio in SH3, has to be played on the grammaphone.

Anyway, you're right, most music and radio mods have focused on either German or American/British radio/music. Then a little on French and Japanese.
And of course the last two main participants of the WW2: Italy and the Soviet Union is lacking a little.
But I suppose if any were to be succesful and find some material for mods, the chance is the greatest among the Italian or Russian members of the community, since you own the best language skills to search for it.

The above site does have some files, but it also mentions their free availability on the internet, though they have been giving a "special touch of time period" through remixing.
But still, I'm not going to pay for it, if it is available somewhere.

Nevertheless, it's a useful link for the lazy and rich: getting it instantly... :DL