PDA

View Full Version : Community Unit mod with Lifeboat with debris mod

gheistrotor
03-23-09, 12:30 PM
This is my first post although I have enjoyed GWX for several years now. My question concerns GWX 3.0 with the Community units mod and Lifeboat and debris mod v.4. It seems one overwrites the other no matter which order they are installed. I noticed while on patrol that after sinking a large tanker and Empire class freighter at night there was no lifeboats or debris with the two mods installed. Are these two mods compatible? I know that Lifeboats and debris V.3 works with GWX 3.0 but at that time I did not have the Community units mod enabled. Thanks for all the great mods.

mengle
03-23-09, 01:09 PM
welcome aboard
the community unit mod is not 100% good many people have problems with it, i think a few ships in the mod don't work good
when i have some time im going to look for them becouse it's a great shipmod

andym
03-23-09, 03:10 PM
Each time i use this mod i have to completly start a new career!:down:

Jimbuna
03-23-09, 03:46 PM
I had the community mod working fine in GWX2.1 but haven't looked at it in respect of GWX3.0 yet.

iambecomelife
03-25-09, 11:51 PM
This is my first post although I have enjoyed GWX for several years now. My question concerns GWX 3.0 with the Community units mod and Lifeboat and debris mod v.4. It seems one overwrites the other no matter which order they are installed. I noticed while on patrol that after sinking a large tanker and Empire class freighter at night there was no lifeboats or debris with the two mods installed. Are these two mods compatible? I know that Lifeboats and debris V.3 works with GWX 3.0 but at that time I did not have the Community units mod enabled. Thanks for all the great mods.

Did the ships break in half? Due to an issue with stock SH3, ships that break in half do not generate debris or survivors. Also, sometimes a ship that sinks in one piece will simply leave almost nothing behind when it sinks. I am not sure what large tanker you're talking about, but I have never had an issue with debris/survivors generated from Empire freighters. When I had the Community Units Mod on my install I don't recall any problems with rafts & debris.

Madox58
03-25-09, 11:56 PM
The SinkingEffects Controller is assigned to the Main Object of the ships.
Breaking it in half destroys the Main Object,
hence the Sinking Effect does not take place.
By adding a second SinkingEffect Controller to the F or B object
you can get the Sinking Effect everytime.

charognard
03-26-09, 03:25 AM
well just a little question, community units mod is includ into GWX3 ? If not where can i find it, loocking in this forum and i haven t find it... thx mates

h.sie
03-26-09, 03:39 AM
my question is a little bit off-topic, but I don't want to open a new thread for it:

how is the community-units-mod installed? I ask, because it does not contain updated campaign scripts, so that the new ships cannot be seen during the game. do I have to change the scripts by myself??

thanks,
h.sie

mengle
03-26-09, 06:19 AM
Community units are not in GWX 3

Ships can appear in the campaign if you put the files in , roster, sea and the name of the ship to sea cfg

here is the link http://files.filefront.com/Community+units7z/;12177333;/fileinfo.html

Sailor Steve
03-26-09, 11:48 AM
Campaign scripting is only required if the new ships are to appear in harbors. They will be automatically assigned to convoys and as single travellers if the Sea and Roster folders are in place.

charognard
03-27-09, 04:29 AM
great thx for explanations mates :)

gheistrotor
04-01-09, 11:08 AM
I wanted to thank everyone for the great comments and advice. My latest occurence with the community units mod followed by the lifeboat and debris mod v.4 involved an ore carrier and grantville freighter. The ore carrier took 3 torps and sunk listing on its port side with no debris or lifeboats just a black pool on the water in the end where it went down. The grantville freighter was more spectacular with fires and flying debris and explosions but no lifeboats or sailors just a few floating crates. I will see what the next sinking brings but I enjoy GWX 3.0 because even in Jan 1941 the lone ships are in pairs and at least one of them usually has a deck gun on it.

FIREWALL
04-01-09, 11:15 AM
Is this a manual install mod or jsgme ?

melnibonian
04-01-09, 11:29 AM

Community Units is installed via JSGME

FIREWALL
04-01-09, 11:32 AM
Thx mel :salute:

melnibonian
04-01-09, 11:33 AM
Thx mel :salute:

My pleasure mate. "We aim to please" :DL

Jimbuna
04-01-09, 03:21 PM

Can I just offer a little advice here....the link posted above is my FF account and whilst the downloadable file should be enabled via JSGME and working fine with GWX2.1......THIS MOD IS CURRENTLY NOT COMPATABLE WITH GWX3.0.

I do plan on investigating the matter further when time allows.

Uboatman
12-13-10, 01:37 PM
Can I just offer a little advice here....the link posted above is my FF account and whilst the downloadable file should be enabled via JSGME and working fine with GWX2.1......THIS MOD IS CURRENTLY NOT COMPATABLE WITH GWX3.0.

Oh, that's a shame, had it working fine with 2.1 as you say, any luck on this yet?:06:

FIREWALL
12-13-10, 02:56 PM

Thx Jim :salute: And Happy Holidays. :woot:

Jimbuna
12-13-10, 03:28 PM
Oh, that's a shame, had it working fine with 2.1 as you say, any luck on this yet?:06:

I'm sorry but I still haven't got around to doing anything with it yet.

Thx Jim :salute: And Happy Holidays. :woot:

And you matey http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif