PDA

View Full Version : Need help with jimbuna's Q mod.

Laufen zum Ziel
03-20-09, 12:13 PM
I am running Vista 32 with GWX 3 and Commander loaded fine. When I was running XP I could add ships to Data/Ships with no problem. Now I can not change/add any files without getting the following messages. Warning #1 comes up first and then #2 pops up. When I click save on #2 warning #3 pops up and I have to close note book without saving changes. I have the same problem if I am trying to save into GWX or Commander.

What is going on?????

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii113/laufen345/Probo.jpg

coronas
03-20-09, 12:55 PM
Make sure "read only" is uncheked in Shipnames.cfg propieties.

Jimbuna
03-20-09, 02:39 PM
Sorry I can't be of any help here, but I've never used Vista.

Hopefully Coronas answer will be the fix/solution you need.

irish1958
03-20-09, 07:26 PM
Did you install the game outside of the program files?

Otto Heinzmeir
03-20-09, 10:59 PM
I am running Vista 32 with GWX 3 and Commander loaded fine. When I was running XP I could add ships to Data/Ships with no problem. Now I can not change/add any files without getting the following messages. Warning #1 comes up first and then #2 pops up. When I click save on #2 warning #3 pops up and I have to close note book without saving changes. I have the same problem if I am trying to save into GWX or Commander.

What is going on?????

I have Vista 64 bit Premium and have a suggestion though maybe it doesn't apply to Vista 32 bit. (Why are there so many versions of Vista?) Anyway my SH3 Commander folder is actually in \Program Files (x86)

So check to see if your SH3 folder is somewhere other than just the normal \Program Files.

Other thing that might help is to turn UserAccountControl off.

Laufen zum Ziel
03-21-09, 05:22 PM
I have Vista 64 bit Premium and have a suggestion though maybe it doesn't apply to Vista 32 bit. (Why are there so many versions of Vista?) Anyway my SH3 Commander folder is actually in \Program Files (x86)

So check to see if your SH3 folder is somewhere other than just the normal \Program Files.

Other thing that might help is to turn UserAccountControl off.

Thank You Otto, That was my problem...