PDA

View Full Version : infinite food?

Fenixs
03-17-09, 06:47 AM
Well, i hope you understand my bad english, so...

I would comment on something .. my last departure of ST. Nazaire was the May 4th 1942, I went to America for fishing ships, concurring in the appearance of a milkcow (U-461), because I'm going to American ports and convoys and then repost on the milkcow .. I am already on September 12 and my men have not returned even ST. Nazaire. I think there should be a mod in the creation of food expenditure .. I do not think it possible that such long trips although refueling and torpedoes in milkcow.
At least it should be possible to be eroding the morale of the crew and food slowly when you repost repeatedly in a milkcow.
you think?.

...looking for the ultimate realism...

badwolf
03-17-09, 07:44 AM
Hi Fenixs,
I'm working with irish1958 on a new mod and I think the crew fatigue model etc will need to be reworked. I have some good ideas from the past models and comments in the forum and feel sure that your topic will be covered in the new crew fatigue model. The trouble with docking with a milkcow is that the game treats it like the end of the mission and so resets all crew settings, which is very unrealistic. I'm hoping with the new mod all old crew settings will be reinstalled and fatigue, moral etc adjusted to take account of fresh supplies and the work loading them. This would make long trips more difficult and docking with milkcows for fresh supplies more neccessary, even if you haven't fired a torpedo.
I haven't yet research all the possibilities the new mod can do, but it has great potentual.

badwolf

HW3
03-17-09, 08:33 AM
Fenixs, milkcows also carried food supplies including refrigerated goods. U-boats would often scavenge debris from sunken ships, or ships abandoned by their crews, for supplies when they could.

irish1958
03-17-09, 08:43 AM
Are there fish in the ocean? And does it rain?
Ships in the 1700s and 1800s would sail for 3 or 4 years before returning to port.
Fatigue and morale are the real problems, not food (and, of course, lack of beer).