PDA

View Full Version : SH3 Commander patrol logs

tenakha
03-13-09, 06:36 PM
Hello, coming back to sh3 and GWX :p

I have a small problem with the patrol logs, it says in the manual that since version 3.2, cargo, crew and lost crew are indicated along the ship's names when real ship names option is selected, but i can't make it work, i only have these info:

"Ship sunk! S.S. Esso Manhattan (Ore Carrier), 6096 tons"

I am using GWX3.0 with SH3 Commander 3.2
I have first installed the game,
patched to 1.4b,
installed GWX,
SH3 commander,
sh3cmdr config files for gwx

so the problem is not coming from my install...

JScones
03-13-09, 07:30 PM
What is the filename of the GWX4SH3Cmdr config file package that you installed? And where did you get it?

I ask because there is one of two likely causes for your problem...

1. For some reason the GWX website is hopelessly out-of-date re SH3Cmdr usage (and thus introduces traps for users that are totally unnecessary), still containing links only to the GWX 2.1 version of the config files (the "original" set released for GWX 3.0, but quickly replaced by two updated sets). Players must NOT use these files with GWX 3.0 or SH3Cmdr R3.2.

The only set of files players should install are the ones linked in here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147567). If players install any set that are distributed in 7z format, then unless they manually delete "Ship names.cfg" from it before installing, they will overwrite (ie remove) the expanded log feature (this is basically step 9 of the installation instructions listed in my SH3Cmdr release thread).

The correct set also allows the player to resume using the malfunction/sabotage effects.

If this is your problem, then post back so that someone can link you a copy of the "correct" (ie SH3Cmdr R3.2 version) of "Ship names.cfg" that you should be using. It won't return the expanded details to entries that already have ship names, but it will add the detail to any new ship names that are generated.

2. If you are running an existing career, then expanded details will not be added to any entries that already have had a ship name generated. Only "raw" (usually new) entries will get the full details.

tenakha
03-13-09, 07:49 PM
What is the filename of the GWX4SH3Cmdr config file package that you installed? And where did you get it?

The name is: GWX3_Commander_Files

the readme says: ===GWX specific cfg files for SH3 Commander R3 or greater===

Please unzip the contents of this archive DIRECTLY into your SH3 Commander\Cfg folder. You may like to backup the existing files first.

This archive contains:

* U-boat availability.cfg - provides correct U-boats for 30/33 Flotilla combination
* Ship displacements.cfg - provides ship displacement values to commensurate with GWX
* Ship names list - Contains all latest community released units as well (it seems like my problem is here)
* Randomised events.cfg - provides updated hex offset values for certain files modified by GWX
* Menu variable texts to give news for August starts

* Flotilla specifc skins for aircraft in the Med - no need to apply through JSGME
* VIIC\41 optional model is automatically applied when selecting that uboat

Please note that:
- you MUST install these files if you are playing GWX
- you must NOT install these files if you are NOT playing GWX

Please consult the GWX Manual for more information on the use of SH3 Commander, including recommended settings.
For the best Silent Hunter III experience the GWX team recommends the use of the latest SH3 Commander.
Should I install GWX3_SH3Cdr3.2Files_v1.2 over it? or just replace the ship name.cfg with the original one?

tenakha
03-13-09, 09:04 PM
I have reinstalled SH3cmdr and GWX3_SH3Cdr3.2Files_v1.2.exe, it seems to be working:

"Ship sunk! MV No. 1032 (Fishing Boat), 83 tons. Crew: 32. Crew lost: 1"

:woot:

thank you very much for your help and for giving us the jewel that is sh3cmdr :up: